Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!!
The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!!
It just dawned on me that in the least, certain details about the jesus story as written in the bible were just made up.

I want someone to explain to me how in the world anyone could seriously assert to know what Jesus, or anyone else for that matter in the bible would have said when praying? and if anyone dares to say that Jesus came back after being alone and told everyone what he said, and was careful to recite word for word to others, and was remembered by those telling the story 20+ years after his death word for word before his story was finally written, you are suffering from delusion  i highly doubt jesus came back and told folks what his personal prayers to yhwh/god were and word for word and even included the detail that he admitted to yhwh that it wasnt his will to endure what was to come, but submitted to his god's will and not his own. people just dont repeat things to others like that,..."oh and I told yhwh that it was nt my will to endure what's coming to me soon, but i told yhwh not my will, but thine...". not rational to believe this people, this just isnt going to happen then get told to just the right line of ppl up till it gets written over 20+yrs later.

never once did the scriptures ever say that any of the characters in these stories went around and told  the others that werent present for each event, what happened so how in the heck did anyone know each and every action that each character did when these characters were not always around the same people, and how these entire collection of tories about each character all became knowledge to anyone, then somehow anywhere from a few decades, to thousanbds of years later is known to the ones who finally wrote these down.

I smell a very bad fish here. the fact that thee stories include moments when characters said and did things when they were all by themselves, is far more to me than suspicious. what we know from history, is that both legends and myths are born when folks from the very culture of the characters they write about, the fact that the jews continued on as if noone ever truely came along and displayed supernatural feats, as their prophecies claimed would happen with the prophecied messiah would do is just more reason along with these claims in the scriptures made about this Jesus who was gone decades before he was written about makes certain suspicions very clear. 

If anyone ever came along and truely fullfilled all the prophecies that the respected prophets of their culture had made concerning the messiah they have waited so long for, especially considering some of the attributes that this messiah is suppose to posses like performing supernatural acts, the jews would have more than noticed this, and would have embraced this messiah and he would have impressed the world and became the world leader like one of the prophecies claimed, and not have been executed for herecy which is not a messianic prophecy, and we wouldnt have a religion that rejects the prophecies directly address the messiah and embraces non messianic texts in Isaiah which could be attributed to more than jesus who was executed for herecy after claiming this role. It seems that folks who wanted jesus to be the messiah most definitely made things up in his story to both sound convincing and impressive when these things were made up, because the vast majority of jews in the first century most definitely werent impressed with anyone who has claimed that role. plus its well known that Pilat and Herod could not have done what the NT claims they did when they did. Herod died before the 1st century for crying out loud. god told me he prayed to himself and had to let himself know that his will didnt quite agree with his other will, but will submit to his own will afterall, then let the others he was reciting this to that he told himself "not my will but thine be done". this is insanity to think this is true, it looks more like a fictiional story about a man who is claimed to be the human incarnate of the invisible skygod that him and his culture believe exists, and included details about him praying to hisself as if his other personaly, needed to know something which again makes no sense yet the scriptures even says that this god isnt suppose to be confusing.
RE: The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!!
At work.

Hug

Congratulations! Smile
RE: The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!!
(August 19, 2019 at 2:14 pm)android17ak47 Wrote: It just dawned on me that in the least, certain details about the jesus story as written in the bible were just made up.

I want someone to explain to me how in the world anyone could seriously assert to know what Jesus, or anyone else for that matter in the bible would have said when praying? and if anyone dares to say that Jesus came back after being alone and told everyone what he said, and was careful to recite word for word to others, and was remembered by those telling the story 20+ years after his death word for word before his story was finally written, you are suffering from delusion  i highly doubt jesus came back and told folks what his personal prayers to yhwh/god were and word for word and even included the detail that he admitted to yhwh that it wasnt his will to endure what was to come, but submitted to his god's will and not his own. people just dont  repeat things to others like that,..."oh and I told yhwh that it was nt my will to endure what's coming to me soon, but i told yhwh not my will, but thine...". not rational to believe this people, this just isnt going to happen then get told to just the right line of ppl up till it gets written over 20+yrs later.
....So you decided that the way you prayed before is hw all people for all time pray?
While Jesus did go to a secluded place at night and prayed to his father, maybe you should have asked WHY... He went to the out skirts of town and brought armed men with him to pray... Cause if you did ask a simple google search would have shown you how jews prayed in that time to be much different than now. back then it was thought God must hear you So they prayed loudly, and the bigger the ask the louder the prayer Got.. Plus he was wailing and crying his situation. which is where the armed men came in...

Just incase he disturbed someone and they decided to shut this nut bag up in the middle of the nigh pray/screaming to God.

Feel stoopish? soak it in and let it be a reminder that there are always answers and you are not the first person to see what you think is a flaw. so next time look it up.

Quote:never once did the scriptures ever say that any of the characters in these stories went around and told  the others that werent present for each event, what happened so how in the heck did anyone know each and every action that each character did when these characters were not always around the same people,
that is not true relaying these events accurately was the purpose of have 12 core disciples and hundreds of other witnesses that followed him around everywhere.

Quote: and how these entire collection of stories about each character all became knowledge to anyone, then somehow anywhere from a few decades, to thousands of years later is known to the ones who finally wrote these down.
sorry not how the bible was compiled. we in most cases have second generation manuscripts. meaning hand written pages that were direct copies of what the apostles themselves could have written. much of the OT comes from work older than christ, and the works of the epistles are complete by the 3rd century keeping in mind for the majority of the first these events where being played out and verbally transmitted. which was THE form of relaying information back then as the majority of the population was illiterate and did not trust the written word.

Quote:I smell a very bad fish here. the fact that thee stories include moments when characters said and did things when they were all by themselves, is far more to me than suspicious.
such as?

Quote:what we know from history, is that both legends and myths are born when folks from the very culture of the characters they write about, the fact that the jews continued on as if noone ever truely came along and displayed supernatural feats, as their prophecies claimed would happen with the prophecied messiah would do is just more reason along with these claims in the scriptures made about this Jesus who was gone decades before he was written about makes certain suspicions very clear. 
if you truly have history n your side, name another false prophet. someone like Jesus who was attributed to doing these types of feats.
Quote:If anyone ever came along and truely fullfilled all the prophecies that the respected prophets of their culture had made concerning the messiah they have waited so long for, especially considering some of the attributes that this messiah is suppose to posses like performing supernatural acts
Unless his whole reason of being here was to free the people From the religious hierarchy that enslaved them. Why would the religious leaders embrace jesus is he has the people ear and favor and is railing against the pharisees and makers of the law every chance he got?

Quote:, the jews would have more than noticed this, and would have embraced this messiah and he would have impressed the world and became the world leader like one of the prophecies claimed, and not have been executed for herecy which is not a messianic prophecy, and we wouldnt have a religion that rejects the prophecies directly address the messiah and embraces non messianic texts in Isaiah which could be attributed to more than jesus who was executed for herecy after claiming this role.
why do you think pilate a roman excuted him? because he saw the same thing you did. he had the potential still, the jewish leadership feared him and they could not stand a revolution.

Quote: It seems that folks who wanted jesus to be the messiah most definitely made things up in his story to both sound convincing and impressive when these things were made up, because the vast majority of jews in the first century most definitely werent impressed with anyone who has claimed that role.
then why did rome obliterate the temple and the whole ruling class in 70ad? The jews lost control of the people the people rioted and rome send an army to destroy everyone.

Quote: plus its well known that Pilat and Herod could not have done what the NT claims they did when they did. Herod died before the 1st century for crying out loud.
hey smart guy.. his sons where also named herod... both of them ruled for a time after their father. try google.com before you commit yourself to such foolish assumptions. There was also nothing stopping pilate.

Quote: god told me he prayed to himself and had to let himself know that his will didnt quite agree with his other will, but will submit to his own will afterall,    then let the others he was reciting this to that he told himself "not my will but thine be done". this is insanity to think this is true,  it looks more like a fictiional story about a man who is claimed to be the human incarnate of the invisible skygod that him and his culture believe exists,  and included details about him praying to hisself as if his other personaly, needed to know something which again makes no sense yet the scriptures even says that this god isnt suppose to be confusing.

and if God is a title and not a name? then you have a son praying to his father, but the father demanding the son full fill his purpose.
Made up parts in the Story of Jesus?

Only the bits between the covers...
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:if you truly have history n your side, name another false prophet. someone like Jesus who was attributed to doing these types of feats.

Simon Magus fairly leaps to mind.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 19, 2019 at 4:03 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Made up parts in the Story of Jesus?

Only the bits between the covers...

Every Bible I own consists of exactly enough pages to hold the covers apart.  Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 19, 2019 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:if you truly have history n your side, name another false prophet. someone like Jesus who was attributed to doing these types of feats.

Boru

Appolonius of Tyana
(August 19, 2019 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

I heard about this one guy who cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring. 

I think his name was Tim.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 19, 2019 at 5:27 pm)wyzas Wrote:
(August 19, 2019 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Simon Magus fairly leaps to mind.

Boru

I heard about this one guy who cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring. 

I think his name was Tim.

Ni!
Third person omniscient is a common narrative POV for those sorts of stories, OP.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 947 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 9716 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 621 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6805 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2550 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 10183 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  My mom made me confused Der/die AtheistIn 15 2565 November 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Worst Christian Video EVER Made Foxaèr 8 1508 October 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2756 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 3008 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia