Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 24, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope for America!!
RE: Hope for America!!
(April 19, 2016 at 5:20 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:32 am)Losty Wrote: I will admit, this method is easier if you do it from the start. But if a child were to kick me and spit on me, my reaction would obviously be to tell him/her that I simply cannot talk with someone who is acting so mean. Then I would completely ignore them until they seemed calm. Then I would try again. Patience is important with kids. I have personally seen this method work with "severely behavioral" children. I used to volunteer in a classroom with severe autism kids, and this method generally works even on them. While they may not understand why they can't bite you many could at least work out that if they bite you you'll ignore them. Kids don't like to be ignored.

But again this kid was running out into traffic while school was being dismissed. The reason for the kicking and spitting is because he was forcably stopped. So when you are pouting because he is being mean, do you think he will just wait or will he go back into traffic?

I worked with a friend who's job is to work with the kids you spoke with after they stopped being kids at a camp with him. I can promise you no one there was going to stop biting because you talked with them. they only stopped when they were taken down hard a few times when they did bite or rip off someone shirt. Very carrot and stick with everything we did.

Your bullshit is incoherent. Please make up a stupid fake situation and stick with it.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 19, 2016 at 5:23 pm)Losty Wrote: Your bullshit is incoherent. Please make up a stupid fake situation and stick with it.

I ran into taffic in 1972. Still remember when VW bully just managed to come to a stop with screetching brakes. All I got was my parent being glad of me being unharmed. Guess that's why I still remember it.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 18, 2016 at 11:33 am)abaris Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:18 am)Drich Wrote: Empathy is not nor ever will be the controlling factor in my life empathy will never be the deciding factor for anything. The love I have for God and the Love I have for others will be, Even if it means putting others through the grinder for their own good.

If you don't understand that love is connected to empathy to be more than just a word, you're indeed a very poor person. One wonders why you seem to believe that even one of us could be attracted to your kind of christianity. But, of course, to understand that, you would need to have some empathy.

Arent you a pot calling the kettle black.

Love is so much more than emotion. Real love goes infinity beyond the fuel/feeling that summon the emotion you are describing. If youre trying to tell me of a one dimensional love, you are the one who is at a loss sport.

The greeks knew this and subdivided that word love into 6 different words. You my sad little friend are only describing what they identified as "Ludis and Eros." To most of you that is the limit of your love, why because your 'empathy' will not allow you to grow beyond it. Yet here you are presuming to tell me what I've been missing by experincing the depths your Ludis and Eros goes..

Yeah, I think I'm good where I am. let me know how deep that well of you 'love' goes though. Wink
(April 19, 2016 at 5:31 pm)Drich Wrote: Love is so much more than emotion. Real love goes infinity beyond the fuel/feeling that summon the emotion you are describing. If youre trying to tell me of a one dimensional love, you are the one who is at a loss sport.

The greeks knew this and subdivided that word love into 6 different words. You my sad little friend are only describing what they identified as "Ludis and Eros." To most of you that is the limit of your love, why because your 'empathy' will not allow you to grow beyond it. Yet here you are presuming to tell me what I've been missing by experincing the depths your Ludis and Eros goes..

Yeah, I think I'm good where I am. let me know how deep that well of you 'love' goes though. Wink

You know, Drippy, I don't give half a shit what the Greeks said. If it's an excercise in semantics for you, you're a poor person, since love is about emotion. And to feel emotions, you have to have empathy.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 18, 2016 at 11:35 am)Losty Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:18 am)Drich Wrote: Empathy is not nor ever will be the controlling factor in my life empathy will never be the deciding factor for anything.

This is the reason you're such a despicable person.

If by despicable you mean not someone who can nor will be others simply because they claim I am not empathetic enough.. I say so what. My values do not change simply because others want them to. On one hand this may mean I use that hand to tan a little boys hind end, but on the other that same hand will work to the bone to provide for him, it will be used to tear out character flaws I see in him, and it will be used to better stronger attributes in him, and nothing nor any of you can or will ever change that even if it means my life.
(April 18, 2016 at 2:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 8:59 am)Drich Wrote: what is missing between hitting a child and hitting an adult?

Correction, Instruction and love. You hit an adult out of anger.

Bullshit, you still cannot crawl into a kids head and decide for them what is going on in their brain when you hit them. Every kid reacts differently. I can tell you what my parents smacking me did to me, and I am sure they too thought they were doing it out of love. 

sure you can. If you start young enough you can tell which way the hamster is running in his wheel, and correct if it is running the wrong way.

Quote:And who says even between men, adults should be hitting each other? I fucking hate assholes who will fight at bars or over sports, or women, that is grade school bullshit. Even as an adult, you respond with your voice only, or you walk away. Nobody has the right to hit anyone, even if they offend you.
Then when a bigger guy come to your girl at a bar just hand him the keys to your place and have her call you when he is finished... Or you could just not goto bars.
(April 19, 2016 at 5:38 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:35 am)Losty Wrote: This is the reason you're such a despicable person.

If by despicable you mean not someone who can nor will be others simply because they claim I am not empathetic enough.. I say so what. My values do not change simply because others want them to.
I have no idea what this means. I read it several times and I still can't make any sense out of it.

Quote: On one hand this may mean

Must you speak of your sick perversions?

Quote: but on the other that same hand will work to the bone to provide for him,
No amount of this ^^^ can make up for this:
Quote:it will be used to tear out character flaws I see in him, and it will be used to better stronger attributes in him, and nothing nor any of you can or will ever change that even if it means my life.

FYI no one has threatened your life, and when I said you're a despicable person what I mean was you're a scumbag, a horrible person with horrible morals whose opinions deserve nothing but ridicule and contempt.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Blah blah blah. You know what I see, Dretch? I see an assbag that supports hitting kids with weapons.

I don't have enough middle fingers or contempt for the likes of you.
(April 18, 2016 at 2:08 pm)Losty Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 8:59 am)Drich Wrote: what is missing between hitting a child and hitting an adult?

Correction, Instruction and love. You hit an adult out of anger.

It's funny because that was always my ex husband's excuse for hitting me too. Correction, instruction, and love.

That's real funny why my wife hits me too. Last time I told her some spagetti was not fit to give the dogs and she took the scalding pot off the stove and threw at me. (whole wheat pasta) just missed me with the pot but covered me in 212+*F Pasta and sauce.
A real FSM
FSM Grin
(April 18, 2016 at 2:32 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:14 am)Drich Wrote: And sometimes you have to burn it down to rebuild it the right way. We should not shun nor be afraid of taking things down to the foundation and rebuilding. The only time we shouldn't is if we will not be their to personally relay every single brick by hand if need be.

C'mon, Drich...You know that's Brainwashing 101.

Perfectly fine if you're trying to create a Manchurian Candidate or the next Patty Hearst, btw. I'm guessing that you'd prefer that a child be raised with his or her psyche intact, though. My point was, that there are ways to address the problem that far are less likely to cause such a degree of damage. 

With just a bit of extra thought, time and effort, the same desired result (correcting behavior/ teaching accountability) can be obtained; Without having to wonder if you've done more harm than good down the road.

Train up a child in the way he should Go and when he grows he will not depart from it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 830 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 645 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 842 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1052 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hope Springs Covid. Brian37 8 765 October 2, 2020 at 9:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 6195 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2895 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2827 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4823 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2897 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo