Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
(April 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Oh really? A women once won the lottery, she became rich over night. She used to work at the tills. Instead of saving the money and keeping it safe, she went on a spending spree. In a little over a year and she was once again working behind the tills. A millionaire remains a millionaire by keeping that million in the bank. Spend it, and rich you will no longer be.
If we both had 10 million each, you spent yours, I kept mine. I would become more powerful than you.

What's really funny is that Switzerland has over 100% reserves in gold and deals with the likes of Germany and France. And it's motherfucking Switzerland, some dinky ass country in the boonies compared to the economic giants of Germany and France. Why is it that way?

Because they are so goddamn rich, they can pull the strings and deal on the shoulders of giants. Big Grin
Quote:You've got a lot of military, that's expensive, the economy has gone down the toilet, guess what's gonna happen next? Wink

My guess is a military coup.
(April 19, 2011 at 9:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:You've got a lot of military, that's expensive, the economy has gone down the toilet, guess what's gonna happen next? Wink

My guess is a military coup.

Oh please yes. Anything but civil war.

Oh wait, that might cause a civil war.

Where is my guru with all the answers when I need him?! Angry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
[quote='Aerzia Saerules Arktuos' pid='129189' dateline='1303250646']

[quote]I've been to prisons in america, and I am not impressed. The thing I don't like is the hair cutting[/quote]

True american prison's don't seem terribly tough, but their run by gangs that are in a constant state of war. Russian prisons are over rated, try going to a latin american prison where you get locked up in a cell with 9 other people and told to get your own food and water. Your chances of surviving a week at best are very small.

Wars make money by the way, you never go to war with another country unless you believe that you will run it better and want to use it's resources to achieve more than they. Were only helping libya minorly because we were forced to politicaly to help "mainly because we say we want to help the world" we would lose our image if we didn't and therefore wouldn't be allowed to conquer iraq and afghanistan like we planned to. The middle east has trillions of dollars worth of untapped resources in it's mountain range's. The U.S. has already taken the steps to keep it's power and plans to never lose it. Anyways their's failsafes for such thing's such as the plan to join canada american and mexico in an act called the North American Union and will probly go on to include most of europe.

(off topoic ish)
But if such an event were to ever happen, more than likely china would join with some of their allies and we would be one step closer to one world government. The final showdown will be between Communism and Capitalism. WW3 will be like no other, half the world literally vs the other half. The cost of life will be so large we'll never recover, or maybe we will and then reapet our mistake's and once again obliterate eachother, we could be doomed to stay in a looped history indefinantly
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Quote:What's really funny is that Switzerland has over 100% reserves in gold and deals with the likes of Germany and France. And it's motherfucking Switzerland, some dinky ass country in the boonies compared to the economic giants of Germany and France. Why is it that way?

Because they are so goddamn rich, they can pull the strings and deal on the shoulders of giants. Big Grin

Switzerland seems to be doing fantastically well financially speaking. Small country, but quite rich.
http://www.economywatch.com/world_economy/switzerland/

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a fancy apartment, open up a small business, and be much like Switzerland. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
SwitzerlandMain article: Gun politics in Switzerland
Switzerland practices universal conscription, which requires that all able-bodied male citizens keep fully-automatic firearms at home in case of a call-up. Every male between the ages of 20 and 34 is considered a candidate for conscription into the military, and following a brief period of active duty will commonly be enrolled in the militia until age or an inability to serve ends his service obligation. During their enrollment in the armed forces, these men are required to keep their government-issued selective fire combat rifles and semi-automatic handguns in their homes. Up until September 2007, soldiers also received 50 rounds of government-issued ammunition in a sealed box for storage at home. In addition to these official weapons, Swiss citizens are allowed to purchase surplus-to-inventory combat rifles, and shooting is a popular sport in all the Swiss cantons. These facts aside, some Swiss gun laws are more restrictive than those in the US. Unlicensed persons are not permitted to carry weapons except under special certain circumstances such as travel to military training. Owners are legally responsible for third party access and usage of their weapons. Licensure is similar to other Germanic countries. In a referendum in February 2011 voters rejected stricter gun control.

Well Ace, here we have a country that insists every household have a fully automatic weapon, yet they have less gun violence than America AND London.

We might as well carry out this debate...please explain how Switz. has less gun violence than London in this situation..because it makes ALL of your other arguments look like crap..especially the one were you basically said "ban guns = less gun crimes"

I say it is because Switz. does not dwell on the politics of fear and hate like America is known to do.

Your thoughts?

Quote:I say it is because Switz. does not dwell on the politics of fear and hate like America is known to do.
I say it's because of their advanced society. They are very educated and disciplined. I don't disagree with the Switz ownership of guns, you know why? No one gets shot. Crime is at an all time low, but what happened recently over in the US? Two Brits shot dead, they were only walking down the road. Shot dead by a 16 year old. How did that happen? That couldn't happen in Switzerland.
If the US had a low crime rate like the Switz, then yeah, my opinion would quickly change. It's not the gun that kills, it's the person behind the gun. No educated and disciplined individual would go out and shoot a random person dead. You would never catch Charles Darwin gunning down a random feller in the street. I think we both can agree with. I strongly believe you to be an educated and well behaved individual and so I'm not really concerned about you owning a gun, I trust you. What I'm concerned with, is how easy it is for guns to fall into the hands of the uneducated. The Switz population are very educated, plus going into the military gives a good level of discipline. It's the society, the education and discipline.
Now, I don't think the US or the UK are known for their highly educated and disciplined population. This is where my opinion on gun ownership changes. I can trust the Swtiz with guns, but if a society continues to abuse guns, like using them for criminal purposes then maybe the society can't be trusted with them. Now, what I want to know, is how do arseholes like that 16 year old kid, get a hold of a gun in the first place? Why do the Switz not have the same problem?

You understand where I'm going with this? Big Grin
It's the society, not the gun. Switzerland is a gleaming example of that. Why isn't the US gun crime level, like that of Switzerland? Blame the gun or the society?
-----
Can we make sure that we keep the discussion civil, it became a little too serious and personal last time. It destroys the fun of a peaceful debate Smile I'm all for a sensible discussion, friend.
I'm pretty sure, we'll end up in agreement at some point.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Quote:That couldn't happen in Switzerland

No. That COULD happen in switzerland, just like it COULD happen in London, or any other country. You have just made a very bold statement, one of which not only will you be basing the rest of your post from, but you also offered no evidence for. The closest you come is by saying Switz. is "an advanced country". You have also said the same of London, but not of America. You never once give the properties of what it takes to be an "advanced" country as well. What does it mean to be an "advanced country"? I dont know. Apparently YOU do, seeing as you are using the terminology. Care to share how and why a country can become "advanced" and explain wether this is a nation wide status, or it is merely your lone opinion?

Quote:No educated and disciplined individual would go out and shoot a random person dead.
Really? This is assumption number 2. Of course it can happen. So what do you mean by education? Does an associates degree count, or is a highschool education good enough to claim one is educated? How about the Disciplined and educated troops in most western militaries? Do they not follow orders and go out shooting people they dont know? Honestly, you are saying words, but they are not clicking. You need to be specific when you say things like "education" and "disciplined". Disciplined how? Disciplined the way you think discipline is, as opposed to the way some Muslims think discipline is? Is a highschool graduation meaning that one is educated. I would think that a person who has a higschool degree is "educated", and that makes MANY, if not the mass majority of murderers in America of the "educated" persuasion. When a military man drops a bomb, does he not know that anyone, child or adult, can be killed by such an action? Yet he does it anyways? According to you, that millitary man should NOT drop the bomb because of his education and discipline, but in this case it is the opposite, because they will not allow an uneducated, undisciplined IDIOT be in charge of a billion dollar bomber jet.

I do agree that it is the society, and not the gun.
Quote:I do agree that it is the society, and not the gun.

The gun gives the proverbial 98-pound weakling the ability to carry out his fantasies of revenge. The two cannot be so easily separated.
(April 21, 2011 at 2:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I do agree that it is the society, and not the gun.

The gun gives the proverbial 98-pound weakling the ability to carry out his fantasies of revenge. The two cannot be so easily separated.

The gun also makes it much more difficult for the the 250lbs brute from intimidating or assaulting the 98lbs weakling.

Why the Gun is Civilization

Quote:Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1884 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3520 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2312 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1937 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1096 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 5066 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 873 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 347 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1315 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 2015 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger