Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws?
That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws?
Or does that not matter when you have the magic R next to your name? I have said it time and time after time and i will say it again; this man is getting some dangerous ideas in his head
Trump: Deport without 'judges or court cases'
RE: That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws?
404 Page Not Found
(June 24, 2018 at 7:10 pm)Kit Wrote: 404 Page Not Found

Try again sorry about that
I'm sure he was referring to this blast of brain diarrhea from the Orange Shitgibbon.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/art...ourt-cases

Quote:Trump Says Illegal Immigrants Should Be Deported With 'No Judges or Court Cases'

Quote:WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Sunday that people who enter the United States illegally should be sent back immediately to where they came from without any judicial process, likening them to invaders who are trying to "break into" the country.

[Image: da1d5a8ed6087f35e6608e45bc99f2b1.jpg]
The same people who will argue that rights are 'god given' will argue that people not born in the US don't deserve those 'god given' rights.  Funny how that works.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 25, 2018 at 12:03 am)Cecelia Wrote: The same people who will argue that rights are 'god given' will argue that people not born in the US don't deserve those 'god given' rights.  Funny how that works.

Really? I don’t know anyone who argues that!
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(June 25, 2018 at 12:11 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(June 25, 2018 at 12:03 am)Cecelia Wrote: The same people who will argue that rights are 'god given' will argue that people not born in the US don't deserve those 'god given' rights.  Funny how that works.

Really?   I don’t know anyone who argues that!

You must not get out much.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 25, 2018 at 12:11 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

Really?   I don’t know anyone who argues that!

I don't think he gets out at all.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...amendment/

Quote:Bryan Fischer: Only Christianity is Protected Under the First Amendment

You really should put the fucking bible down and catch up on current events, RR.
(June 25, 2018 at 12:46 am)Losty Wrote:
(June 25, 2018 at 12:11 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Really?   I don’t know anyone who argues that!

You must not get out much.

I like to think that I expose myself to varying points of view (I'm here aren't I).

However I don't see people saying that those outside of the U.S.  don't deserve those rights described in the constitution as inalienable and given by creator.   The very phrasing, is meant to describe something which is not given by, but only recognized by the governing body.  

We can talk about immigration policy, and if they should be changed.  I don't think that unrestricted immigration is a good idea, and that we should have laws concerning immigration (most countries I believe do).  And really what is being talked about is those who circumvent proper immigration procedures.   I would say that for the majority of people, it is dishonest to try to ascribe to them, that having immigration restrictions as equal to them saying that others don't deserve basic human rights.  If you are arguing that these countries are such shit holes, then do you think that those left in those countries don't deserve these rights as well? Should we start over throwing governments in these places?

(June 25, 2018 at 2:01 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 25, 2018 at 12:11 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Really?   I don’t know anyone who argues that!

I don't think he gets out at all.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...amendment/

Quote:Bryan Fischer: Only Christianity is Protected Under the First Amendment

Do you know this person, or did you cherry pick the internet; to find one example that suits your purposes?  
Again, I would say, I don't know anyone who would agree that "people not born in the US don't deserve those 'god given' rights"
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(June 25, 2018 at 9:04 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(June 25, 2018 at 12:46 am)Losty Wrote: You must not get out much.

I like to think that I expose myself to varying points of view (I'm here aren't I).

However I don't see people saying that those outside of the U.S.  don't deserve those rights described in the constitution as inalienable and given by creator.   The very phrasing, is meant to describe something which is not given by, but only recognized by the governing body.  

We can talk about immigration policy, and if they should be changed.  I don't think that unrestricted immigration is a good idea, and that we should have laws concerning immigration (most countries I believe do).  And really what is being talked about is those who circumvent proper immigration procedures.   I would say that for the majority of people, it is dishonest to try to ascribe to them, that having immigration restrictions as equal to them saying that others don't deserve basic human rights.  If you are arguing that these countries are such shit holes, then do you think that those left in those countries don't deserve these rights as well? Should we start over throwing governments in these places?
I'm not trying to be a douche, but that was sort of the argument for holding people indefinitely without trial at Guantanamo Bay and Abu Graibh. Of course, that wasn't enough so they had to go with the enemy combatants thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1002 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5684 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 10327 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2163 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5097 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1605 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2459 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 617 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  At first I thought this was a joke. Minimalist 3 836 December 14, 2017 at 6:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I Thought Elizabeth Warren Was Smarter Minimalist 0 603 September 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist