Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge to Evolution Deniers
Challenge to Evolution Deniers
Can you explain the mechanics and motivations behind the conspiracy in the science and academic community to promote evolution?

Assuming Creationism or ID are accurate models by which the universe operates and science has chosen to ignore and suppress the evidence, we have to have a very elaborate conspiracy at work here. Can you offer your ideas on:

1. How the conspiracy has taken over the science and academic community to such an extent that the normal process of peer-review has broken down?

2. How this conspiracy has a global reach?

3. How the conspiracy has been successfully maintained for 100 years?

4. What organizations are powerful enough to keep this plan in action and avoid detection?

5. What is the motive behind such a broad conspiracy? Is there money or power to be gained in promoting evolution?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Challenge to Evolution Deniers
Oh DP....

<subscribe>

Popcorn
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
G'luck gettin' rational responses.
They'll just tell you that scientists hate god and their Babble. That's all they need.

I've offered an even simpler scenario on occasion. "Let's say you're right. Evolution is completely wrong. You do not have to refute it. Now, let's have your scientific evidence for life beginning 6,000 years ago in the Middle East."

Oddly.....I never seem to get any takers.
(April 24, 2011 at 4:17 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Can you explain the mechanics and motivations behind the conspiracy in the science and academic community to promote evolution?

If I don't have to be either accurate or posses any evidence... yes I can Smile Example of mechanics: surely you see that evolution is in the textbooks and being fed to the children directly? And the scientists never listen to any criticism regarding it?

As for motivations... pick your poison. Riches, mind control, population control, destroying ideals of sacred religions, god testing us, and really whatever... surely it is not difficult for a man to be motivated to write falsehood? Sleepy

Quote:Assuming Creationism or ID are accurate models by which the universe operates and science has chosen to ignore and suppress the evidence, we have to have a very elaborate conspiracy at work here. Can you offer your ideas on:

'Intelligent Design' is creationism, but I'll bite.

Quote:1. How the conspiracy has taken over the science and academic community to such an extent that the normal process of peer-review has broken down?

How has religion taken over the majority of the human populace to the extent that it has become a monopolizing force in government and social policies?

Quote:2. How this conspiracy has a global reach?

The same way religion obtained this global reach?

Quote:3. How the conspiracy has been successfully maintained for 100 years?

Religions have beat this record by millennia. Surely you don't have a problem understanding how these things can be maintained over time?

Quote:4. What organizations are powerful enough to keep this plan in action and avoid detection?

Money. Pretty tough stuff. Oh, blackmail works too. Perhaps the fact that without the scientists a country would grind to a screeching halt? Sleepy How did the catholics keep the dirt on their priests 'away' for so long?

Quote:5. What is the motive behind such a broad conspiracy? Is there money or power to be gained in promoting evolution?

I hate those reading tests asking for motive of an author writing a thing... it's almost always money, and if it wasn't they were clearly trying to get their ideas out there.

Yes. Lots. Sadly, it can't get you high too or the market would be much more apparent.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 24, 2011 at 5:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They'll just tell you that scientists hate god and their Babble. That's all they need.

I've offered an even simpler scenario on occasion. "Let's say you're right. Evolution is completely wrong. You do not have to refute it. Now, let's have your scientific evidence for life beginning 6,000 years ago in the Middle East."

Oddly.....I never seem to get any takers.

http://www.historum.com/religion/22849-i...ent+design
Quote:How has religion taken over the majority of the human populace to the extent that it has become a monopolizing force in government and social policies?

Generally at sword point, Sae. You'll have to show me where mobs of "scientists" burned jesus freaks at the stake in order to make them believe in evolution. Somehow, that has been left out of the history books but, I imagine, that's all part of the conspiracy!

Gawd - that link just goes to a sign in board.
(April 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How has religion taken over the majority of the human populace to the extent that it has become a monopolizing force in government and social policies?

Generally at sword point, Sae. You'll have to show me where mobs of "scientists" burned jesus freaks at the stake in order to make them believe in evolution. Somehow, that has been left out of the history books but, I imagine, that's all part of the conspiracy!

Gawd - that link just goes to a sign in board.

Fuck, it's in a section of the forum they don't want people to see until they've signed up. It's a thread singing the praises of Intelligent Design and slandering atheists and "Evos". (Whatever they are.) It's not against the rules there to be shitty to whole groups of people, unless they believe in God.
Often I say "People can't grasp the idea that others don't think the same way they do."

Nothing makes a better example of this than a creationist being completely unable to grasp that there is no such thing as an "evolutionist" by their definition. It's not a fucking religion, and Darwin isn't a prophet. "Evos". Wtf. Was it on here I read that one of their arguments for it being a 'religion' was because some people celebrate his birthday? Did Statler say that?

Some of us get off for presidents' birthdays, but I don't see any of us worshiping George Washington. Well, maybe that would change if the Republicans got Reagan's birthday to be a national holiday, but since most of them already celebrate holidays based on fictitious or exaggerated people anyway...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:Did Statler say that?

Might well have been....although there are a couple of other potential culprits. It's stupid enough to be any of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 15142 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 5181 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 87 9067 January 10, 2017 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Astonished
  A challenge! Mystic 3 962 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6477 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Please help me with this personal challenge accidental creation 11 3657 April 28, 2014 at 4:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Challenge for the Atheist eeeeeee7 37 9747 January 11, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Bad Writer
  The Moral Challenge GodsRevolt 22 8810 November 5, 2013 at 8:13 am
Last Post: T.J.
  How we won the James Randi $1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge deltoidmachine 24 8501 August 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: gall
  Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird Jeffonthenet 11 6796 July 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B