Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 9:44 pm

Poll: How would you vote in the EU referendum?
This poll is closed.
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose Leave.
14.29%
4 14.29%
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose Remain.
28.57%
8 28.57%
I am NOT eligible to vote in the UK and would choose Leave.
3.57%
1 3.57%
I am NOT eligible to vote in the UK and would choose Remain.
46.43%
13 46.43%
Undecided and/or don't care
3.57%
1 3.57%
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose not to vote.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you voting in the EU referendum?
RE: How are you voting in the EU referendum?
I think it;s fair to say that we've already seen it, with the Bank of England declaring that they're earmarked 344billion dollars to prop themselves up with.  344billion promised dollars...just to keep the damage at the level seen so far.  That's what we here in the states call a bailout.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
First reaction from the major factions in the EU parliament: Get outta here, quick as you please and don't let the door hit you.

Have that from our national tv's website, so I donÄ't post links, since they would be in german anyway.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Doesn't sound like the EU is going to give an independent GB any sweetheart trade deals, eh? There those "better terms" go. Welcome back to the WTO..where all out economic warfare is business as usual.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 24, 2016 at 5:47 am)Rhythm Wrote: Doesn't sound like the EU is going to give an independent GB any sweetheart trade deals, eh?

That's one decision I would really like to vote on. With a loud and resounding NO!

Appologies to rob and all the other UK members having preserved the grey mass between their ears.
(June 24, 2016 at 5:54 am)abaris Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 5:47 am)Rhythm Wrote: Doesn't sound like the EU is going to give an independent GB any sweetheart trade deals, eh?

That's one decision I would really like to vote on. With a loud and resounding NO!

Appologies to rob and all the other UK members having preserved the grey mass between their ears.

The EU need to make an example out of the UK to show that you can't have your cake and eat it.

And when England reapplies for EU membership, it won't be offered the same sweet deals as it enjoyed before.

In der Zwischenzeit muss ich mein Deutsch zu üben. Jemand, ein Software-Ingenieur oder Computerwissenschaftlerin brauchen?
(June 24, 2016 at 6:03 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 5:54 am)abaris Wrote: That's one decision I would really like to vote on. With a loud and resounding NO!

The EU need to make an example out of the UK to show that you can't have your cake and eat it.

And when England reapplies for EU membership, it won't be offered the same sweet deals as it enjoyed before.

In der Zwischenzeit muss ich mein Deutsch (snip) üben. Braucht Jemand, einen Software-Ingenieur oder eine Computerwissenschaftlerin (snip)?

First lesson.

Otherwise fully in agreement with what you posted.
Thanks.

My German grammar really lets me down. I didn't get a chance to do any German lessons when living in Germany, except for about 10 hours of private tuition back in 2014. I've got 6 months before my contract runs out. I had better sign up for some lessons I think.
S&P delivers a 24hr notice...still 3 and a half hours until the real bastards wake up and go to work.  This is turning into a deathwatch.   Wink
(June 24, 2016 at 6:11 am)Mathilda Wrote: Thanks.

My German grammar really lets me down. I didn't get a chance to do any German lessons when living in Germany, except for about 10 hours of private tuition back in 2014. I've got 6 months before my contract runs out. I had better sign up for some lessons I think.

Just talk to people and do a lot of reading. Did the trick for me.
(June 23, 2016 at 8:46 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(June 23, 2016 at 8:42 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm alternating between my phone and my iPad. Still gotta get round to buying a new laptop at some point. Tongue

I read that the Leave crowd have already conceded based upon exit polling.

So much for exiting pollng!  Consider my post to be withdrawn!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1219 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 11034 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 1036 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 7228 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The electors are voting right now. Gawdzilla Sama 18 1231 December 15, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3815 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 897 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1832 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The new voting block onlinebiker 2 353 February 19, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 650 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon