Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(June 28, 2016 at 2:12 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(June 27, 2016 at 11:56 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: Exactly, Dad was in the British army.....sent me all over.

You must be a good age. Munster hasn't had serving British army personnel since the RN dock in Cork harbour was handed back in the thirties.

37 mate, my old man was serving in Osnabruck at the time, I hear the hospital I was born in is now a mental asylum.....bodes well.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
(June 28, 2016 at 12:11 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(June 27, 2016 at 10:01 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the TTIP here, which is probably what pushed me over the edge, so to speak.

Another example of the totally undemocratic nature of the EU, one of the biggest trade deals the world has seen being negotiated behind closed doors, in secretive locations with next to nothing being reported in the press.

You understand that those pushing for brexit were all for TTIP. And also pressure from French and German electorates and the EU parliament is giving the commission serious reservations about the treaty.

I also understand that immigration is not one of the reasons I voted leave, but was for many others.......I voted out, that doesn't mean to say I agreed with any of the campaigning, from either side.
(June 27, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 27, 2016 at 12:01 pm)SofaKingHigh Wrote: [...]Sterling getting a kicking could actually be a very good thing for us, your holiday might be more expensive, but our exports will be much more attractive.[...]

That's nice - what about imports?

I understand basic economics, I was merely pointing out that the downside also has an upside.
I have no idea what's going on in the UK anymore.

Boris Johnson isn't running for Prime Minister: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...referendum

Michael Gove is running, but also states "I want there to be an open and positive debate about the path the country will now take. Whatever the verdict of that debate I will respect it.": http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...leadership

Was the referendum even legal? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...wful-eu-uk

FFS, get your act together UK.
According to our news, Gove gave Johnson a good verbal pasting before Johnson decided not to run.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 30, 2016 at 5:34 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(June 30, 2016 at 2:26 am)Mathilda Wrote: That depends on whether you have a freezer or even much fridge space to store what you have cooked so you can reheat it for another day (never reheat rice unless you want to risk an infection). If you were cooking for others as well it would certainly be cheaper.

If you do start cooking then steamers are very cheap and very healthy. We use a steamer for all our vegetables. It locks in all the nutrients. You can even use it for rice.

Do you have access to a garden or an allotment or know anyone with an overgrown garden that needs help? If you can grow your own food and can get your hands on tools then it becomes even cheaper and healthier. These are all useful skills to learn in case the shit hits the fan.

I'm definitely not able to do any gardening.

A steamer like that Amazon hob you showed me?

The Irish ate grass.
How come I get the impression that Gove planned this all along House of Cards style. The one who wields the knife will never get power so he got Boris Johnson to become the main focus of the leave campaign.

We'll know if Theresa May suddenly leaves politics to spend more time with her family!
(June 30, 2016 at 9:09 am)Tiberius Wrote: I have no idea what's going on in the UK anymore.

Boris Johnson isn't running for Prime Minister: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...referendum

Michael Gove is running, but also states "I want there to be an open and positive debate about the path the country will now take. Whatever the verdict of that debate I will respect it.": http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...leadership

Was the referendum even legal? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...wful-eu-uk

FFS, get your act together UK.

Fucking hell! Shock
Fucking cowards. Trigger Article 50 already and get us the fuck out of there!
(June 30, 2016 at 10:35 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Fucking cowards. Trigger Article 50 already and get us the fuck out of there!

Well if anyone is likely to then it's Gove. He has a certain air of repressed megalomania about him. Not that there's anything wrong with megalomania I reckon, just not when it's done by anyone else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1063 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7423 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4843 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2516 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 22255 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2075 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8773 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8443 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman