Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
RE: Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
(July 1, 2016 at 4:40 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 1, 2016 at 4:31 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Stop right there. You are not required by law to treat the two genders differently. If you wish to argue otherwise, please cite the US Code with a link.

You can treat both genders equally. The law does not forbid that in this context.

You're right back to this. We are required to treat females unfairly and your solution then is that we should treat males unfairly as well. We disagree.

Ok, magnanimous gesture time;

In solidarity with the womyns being denied their equivalent right of breastesses exposure that males take for granted everyday, and whereas the male exposure is probably more erotic and more appreciated by me than is probably prudent or fair to everyone else, I'd concur with restricting pictures of shirtless men here to just the ones sufficiently hairy that their aureolas and nipples are not visible.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Trying to decide whether to traumatise you all with my own set.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 1, 2016 at 4:49 am)robvalue Wrote: You don't get to see the staff area. Please stop making assumptions about it. There's a whole invisible forum.

Yeah, having modded for a few years at TAF, I'm aware of that. You have to bear in mind that the staff's public behavior in addressing the points being raised is the only thing I have to go on. The rationale heretofore offered seems really weak to me.

(July 1, 2016 at 4:52 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 1, 2016 at 4:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I saw little consideration on this side of the screen.

Jesus I don't know what the hell we have been doing all this time? I get it, you're upset because people laughed and made jokes. To say there wasn't consideration in this thread is a flat out lie. Have I not been making serious thoughtful posts all day?

My apologies, I wasn't saying there was no consideration, and especially not from you. But as I've noted above, I find the rationales offered to be rather thin. You guys find them sufficient.

It's obvious to me that any further exchange of opinion would be fruitless. The Staff has made its decision and any further discussion only seems to be an aggravation.  I will shut up.

(July 1, 2016 at 11:43 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: I think the same applies in the case of male breasts.  There is a difference in the sexual function of breasts between men and women in that female breasts are sexualized.

Really, that depends on the culture.
(July 1, 2016 at 1:31 pm)robvalue Wrote: Trying to decide whether to traumatise you all with my own set.

I'm definitely posting my nipples at some point, I'm just waiting for them to get a bit hairier.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Well, after all the references in the other threads, the apparent fallout from this one, and the hour I just wasted reading it all, this whole thread was pointless. Except to have a fem pity party. And yet I got dragged to it in the end.

Women can have babies and men can't. Women hold that over men, in my opinion, and therefore sexist. The forum should step up and not allow any posts regarding anything to do with pregnancy. (see where this is going?)

Women in our society can acceptably wear makeup to appear sexier. For the most part, it is not acceptable for men and therefore sexist. The forum should step up and not allow any images of women wearing makeup. (having fun yet?)

OK, man pity party over. I could go on but what would be the point. Forgive my sarcasm. Forgive my posts in other threads that now seem insensitive knowing what had transpired.

On another note, I can't believe that none of you could see the forest for the trees. You were all so focused on man nipples that you missed an obvious crime scene photo. There is a dead victim in the passenger seat and a dismembered kid is in the bag. Only below the knee and feet exposed. What the hell is going on here? Focus on priorities people!

http://atheistforums.org/thread-43741-pa...light=mips
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 1, 2016 at 1:31 pm)robvalue Wrote: Trying to decide whether to traumatise you all with my own set.

[Image: 24528553.jpg]
A Gemma is forever.
(July 2, 2016 at 6:56 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Well, after all the references in the other threads, the apparent fallout from this one, and the hour I just wasted reading it all, this whole thread was pointless. Except to have a fem pity party. And yet I got dragged to it in the end.

Women can have babies and men can't. Women hold that over men, in my opinion, and therefore sexist. The forum should step up and not allow any posts regarding anything to do with pregnancy. (see where this is going?)

Women in our society can acceptably wear makeup to appear sexier. For the most part, it is not acceptable for men and therefore sexist. The forum should step up and not allow any images of women wearing makeup. (having fun yet?)

OK, man pity party over. I could go on but what would be the point. Forgive my sarcasm. Forgive my posts in other threads that now seem insensitive knowing what had transpired.

On another note, I can't believe that none of you could see the forest for the trees. You were all so focused on man nipples that you missed an obvious crime scene photo. There is a dead victim in the passenger seat and a dismembered kid is in the bag. Only below the knee and feet exposed. What the hell is going on here? Focus on priorities people!

http://atheistforums.org/thread-43741-pa...light=mips

The mods have already stated that this thread didn't instigate the recent change in rules.

I don't believe I mentioned a rule change.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Then what "apparent fallout" did you have in mind?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 33985 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy