Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim Upgrade :D
RE: Skyrim Upgrade :D
Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 are all excellent games... I just get bored of all single player games lately.

I love party games. They're the best.

I used to love multiplayer with anonymous people online... but I like party games with friends now.
Playing single player games bores me... AI is boring. Playing with strangers bores me too. Strangers are boring.
(July 12, 2016 at 1:06 am)Complidudaaldo Wrote: agreed. but over all. Oblivion WAS a letdown right? if so, then what did you think of Skyrim. worth playing? or just wait for tes 6

You have to keep in mind that it was years between when I played Morrowind and Oblivion - I wasn't subjected to the hype, etc. I don't consider Oblivion a letdown - the scope of it is certainly smaller than Morrowind. In terms of value for the dollar, I think it was a bargain basement. I wouldn't describe it as a letdown.

I bought Skyrim at release - something I don't often do - and I've logged something like 600 hours on Steam and probably another couple hundred on Xbox. Draw your own concluaioma from that.
I do all the sidequests and the main quest.... but like all other games I find it boring without someone to play with (that's what she said).
(July 12, 2016 at 12:34 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I played Morrowind extensively. I also played Oblivion extensively. I get the criticism, but Oblivion is still a great game.

This
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
8 pages of redundant remarks....
I thought I specified I was searching for someone who Loved morrowind so much that oblivion was a disappointment, thus being of like mind in the requirements of a good rpg and meeting my expectations to answer the question, of ; If skyrim, is worth the go...

if u guys loved oblivion, despite how high of expectations it should have had, given morrowind had much more content. ... then why did u enter a comment *face palm*
... LOLz XD

good answer though, Redbeard the Pink. Given the state of the room when you entered.
(July 12, 2016 at 2:11 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Playing single player games bores me... AI is boring. Playing with strangers bores me too. Strangers are boring.

I only got into online playing with GTA V. That's fun. Previously I wasn't interested at all. Other than way back when they made some serious racers, like GPL. But that's some 18 years ago.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 12, 2016 at 6:01 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 12, 2016 at 2:11 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Playing single player games bores me... AI is boring. Playing with strangers bores me too. Strangers are boring.

I only got into online playing with GTA V. That's fun. Previously I wasn't interested at all. Other than way back when they made some serious racers, like GPL. But that's some 18 years ago.

I can't be bothered playing games online.

When I sit down on those occasions I get some time, and play a game, I don't want to be dealing with other people.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(July 12, 2016 at 6:08 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: When I sit down on those occasions I get some time, and play a game, I don't want to be dealing with other people.

With GPL, I actually had a circle of friends enjoying it too. A racer featuring 60ies formual 1 cars with very real physics. So, kind of a challenge and a fun way to spend an evening with like minded people.

Kind of played into my family history too, since I remember the 60ies, and, given my fathers job, could name cars by the sound of their engines before I could even read. Back when the cars had some real character.

With GTA V it's mainly entering a world and creating a criminal empire for yourself. You aren't committed to spend certain times online. You just barge in.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 12, 2016 at 5:58 pm)Complidudaaldo Wrote: 8 pages of redundant remarks....
I thought I specified I was searching for someone who Loved morrowind so much that oblivion was a disappointment, thus being of like mind in the requirements of a good rpg and meeting my expectations to answer the question, of ; If skyrim, is worth the go...

if u guys loved oblivion, despite how high of expectations it should have had, given morrowind had much more content. ... then why did u enter a comment *face palm*
... LOLz XD

good answer though, Redbeard the Pink. Given the state of the room when you entered.

Maybe quit acting like a dick and you'll get better replies.

Skyrim was fucking awesome. If you skip it you'll be missing out. That being said, play it or don't. I personally don't give a shit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skyrim: Empire vs Stormcloak discussion. Chad32 14 2206 August 1, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Chad32
  BOTW vs. Skyrim Mechaghostman2 7 2102 June 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Chad32
Heart Skyrim Fenix 10 4070 January 18, 2014 at 2:03 am
Last Post: null--69
  Skyrim's been out a while. Violet 188 67091 September 10, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Skyrim thesummerqueen 19 4947 March 24, 2013 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Skyrim DLC Napoléon 86 37923 September 25, 2012 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Skyrim Countdown R-e-n-n-a-t 183 58982 January 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm