Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucifer
RE: Lucifer
(July 21, 2016 at 4:52 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 4:45 am)Godschild Wrote:  No, what I said plainly was that those who tried to disrupt God's plan for the church were punished before anyone else got sick or died.

GC
Your claim that these people suffered a gods wrath is neither supportable nor is it falsifiable. It is easily dismissed as nonsense.

You'd better listen to GC and start believing his story as quickly as you can - or else he'll sic his pet god on you and apparently it kills people he doesn't like.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 21, 2016 at 5:59 am)Stimbo Wrote: You'd better listen to GC and start believing his story as quickly as you can - or else he'll sic his pet god on you and apparently it kills people he doesn't like.

Is there a special place in hell for people who smart off to Christians? The demons call themselves "The Joker Pokers". Maybe it is like open mike night at a comedy club and we all get 15 minutes .
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 21, 2016 at 5:57 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 5:27 am)Godschild Wrote:  Believe what you want to, I placed the truth before you and if you find it nonsense ... well the lasting result of that is on you.

GC

All Hail Godschild ! He who places the truth before us ! Heed his warnings lest lasting results fall upon you!

Just kidding GC. Just having a bit of fun with the old hellfire and brimstone bit. A bit passe' but might work on some. Let me ask : Are you afraid of God?

No not in the sense you are probably asking. I have respect for God who created all things which means He has power beyond belief and has providence over His creation. You see I believe God will keep his promises to all of mankind and in that I have a fear for those who do not know Him nor believe in the wrath He promises for those who will not accept Christ as savior and for who He is. God is limitless and so his wrath will be also. I know you don't want to hear this but God is justified in anything He chooses to do, (here it comes) because He is God. He is the supreme ruler of His creation.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 21, 2016 at 6:49 am)Godschild Wrote:  No not in the sense you are probably asking. I have respect for God who created all things which means He has power beyond belief and has providence over His creation. You see I believe God will keep his promises to all of mankind and in that I have a fear for those who do not know Him nor believe in the wrath He promises for those who will not accept Christ as savior and for who He is. God is limitless and so his wrath will be also. I know you don't want to hear this but God is justified in anything He chooses to do, (here it comes) because He is God. He is the supreme ruler of His creation.

GC

You do not know what I want to hear or not. let me ask you this: Do you have any chronic illness? Hypertension , diabetes, gastrointestinal reflux? Anything more serious?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Might makes right, apparently.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 21, 2016 at 5:27 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 4:52 am)chimp3 Wrote: Your claim that these people suffered a gods wrath is neither supportable nor is it falsifiable. It is easily dismissed as nonsense.

Believe what you want to, I placed the truth before you and if you find it nonsense ... well the lasting result of that is on you.

GC

GC's Christianity: Where small-minded resentment and schadenfreude join hands before the wishing well.
(July 8, 2016 at 1:48 am)Maelstrom Wrote: The entire problem with religion is that is takes the concept of Lucifer entirely too seriously, especially when the real evil has always been man himself.

GC himself is evil. He may not see it, but he is.

He would rather prevent a great advancement than admit that his god is fiction.
My general impression is that in the face over overwhelming and nasty criticism GC has been more gracious than most members, including myself.

As for Swedenborgian theology we take references to Lucifer as not a single entity but rather a collection, like Legion, of evil spirits. Nevertheless Drich's answer still holds. Those who desire to place themselves above God's authority will be cast down. Think of every thread or reply on AF in which atheists stand in judgment over God because the world does not conform to their expectations of what an all-mighty creator should in their minds should be able to create.
(July 8, 2016 at 4:54 am)robvalue Wrote: Why doesn't god silence Satan's powers? Can't he or won't he?
If God exists would you want Him to silence you?
(July 21, 2016 at 9:31 am)ChadWooters Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 4:54 am)robvalue Wrote: Why doesn't god silence Satan's powers? Can't he or won't he?
If God exists would you want Him to silence you?

So, we should be concerned about Satan's feelings?
Gracious is as gracious does - I'll take distasteful language over a distasteful worldview any day.

And I for one don't stand in judgement over your (or any) god because of my expectations - I stand in judgement over the character as defined by its worshippers because that character is toxic to humanity and incompatible with the Universe at large.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucifer/Satan the Tragic Hero of humanity gorgonopsid 5 7180 November 8, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  The Responsibility of Lucifer Cinjin 21 4348 November 5, 2011 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: The Winter Saint