Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Responsibility of Lucifer
The Responsibility of Lucifer
Because my father and I can't really talk about our lives in general, we only really communicate successfully when we talk about the general status of the world we live in. Of course, even this can get derailed quickly when he attributes hocus pocus to the various activities and ideologies we enjoy and maintain as humans.

Somehow in our conversation we randomly stumbled across teen pregnancy and abortion which led him into a tangent about why teens get pregnant. He even had a couple of good points about how television shows and music influence young minds to make foolish mistakes. However, he lost me with this one:
Quote:"Satan is everywhere and he has infiltrated the media. He is in every secular song and even some quote-on-quote (raised fingers) christian songs. He's using movies and music especially, and has mastered the subtle messages that our young girls are receiving. Lucifer is a deceiver and a liar, and he is the one responsible for the corruption of today's youth."

Question: How many christians believe this little theory? Ole beelzebub is busy in the sound studios and manipulating musicians minds?? I'm just curious, without having to provide any real statistics, how many christians do you think really buy into this?? Do all/most/some/hardly-any believe this bit of crazy?
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: The Responsibility of Lucifer
I want to know the mechanics behind this. Exactly what is Satan doing in these lyrics that apparently lead to teen pregnancy and sin? Wouldn't there be more teen pregnancies if Satan was that successful? Didn't I see some statistics saying it was actually on a decline?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Well if Satan is responsible for all that stuff, he makes life livable.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Maybe you should point out that teen pregnancy is down significantly since 1990. Also, rape and other violent crimes are down. From the point of view of many Christians, everything has been downhill since Eden by definition, so things must always be getting worse.
(November 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Well if Satan is responsible for all that stuff, he makes life livable.

A fair point I suppose. Does that mean if there was no Lucifer, that there wouldn't be sin at all and that we wouldn't have figured out how to bang chicks and write music about the promotion of having a generally good time?

Until angels learn how to play like Jimi Hendrix, fuck heaven.
Exactly summer. Christians are giving seriously heavy credit to the devil, and I don't think I know too many musicians who would appreciate this.

Music is everything to me and the whole concept just irritates me.

That's the problem, dearest - "God" is supposed to be everything to you. They hate that music moves the soul like their invisible friend never could.
(November 4, 2011 at 5:25 pm)Cinjin Wrote: A fair point I suppose. Does that mean if there was no Lucifer, that there wouldn't be sin at all and that we wouldn't have figured out how to bang chicks and write music about the promotion of having a generally good time?

We'd still be sinners but our music would completely suck. It would be as if every band sounded like Creed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU5t_9sCdW8

Sounds like we need THE D... not Jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucifer purplepurpose 318 26491 August 6, 2016 at 10:49 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christian Views on Parental Responsibility Whateverist 45 5679 January 22, 2015 at 7:00 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Does God have any moral responsibility to his children? Greatest I am 25 8632 May 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Lucifer/Satan the Tragic Hero of humanity gorgonopsid 5 6982 November 8, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t