Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist/liberal correlation
RE: Atheist/liberal correlation
Can't beat that. Turns out that I agree with Jill Stein in 95 percent of the issues, including domestic and foreign policy. What surprises me that I agree with Trump on electoral issues. I've voted in that department according to our own system, which I consider to be a rather good one. Such as having to prove your identity when casting a vote to prevent fraud. That makes for 31 percent, I'm rather surprised.

Also surprised by Hilary getting 91 percent. Mainly because of education and domestic policy.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Nothing wrong with having to prove your identity when voting. It's an excellent idea. I obviously sided with him a lot more than you though. But that was bound to happen.
(August 2, 2016 at 10:05 pm)paulpablo Wrote: On the UK one I was

91% conservative on economic education healthcare immigration

56% labor mainly on social issues, I'm guessing this is because I said gay people should be allowed to get married or something?

Yet it was a conservative government who enacted same sex marriage.

The amazing power of centrism, you can on the one hand have some hard line right wing policies and yet on the other have firmly grounded reasonable policy making which adheres to the liberal centre. The current Labour Party failed to gain the centre, and did what they did in the 80s and tried to move left (well, some, most of the centrists have been silenced).

The beauty of the centre is that in UK politics at least there is close to 0 appetite from most voters for either a left wing or right wing party. A bit of nudge either way, but go too far and see yourself fall out of favour.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I would describe myself as somewhat of a centrist.

Best of both worlds.
Is this the thread about that quiz?

Anyway, I took the time to read and respond to every single question, I basically read everything, including all the options when answering. Apparently I'm 85 % Jill Stein, 81 % Hillary Clinton, 59% Gary Johnson, and 18% Donald Trump.

I'm left wing and apparently agree the most with the Green Party.
I'm pretty much the same.
(August 3, 2016 at 8:23 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Is this the thread about that quiz?

Anyway, I took the time to read and respond to every single question, I basically read everything, including all the options when answering. Apparently I'm 85 % Jill Stein, 81 % Hillary Clinton, 59% Gary Johnson, and 18% Donald Trump.

Hippie!
Non-lefty scum!
(August 3, 2016 at 8:25 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(August 3, 2016 at 8:23 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Is this the thread about that quiz?

Hippie!

I voted yes on a ban on Muslims entering the country, by writing my own opinion on the matter to specify that Islam is not a race and that this is simply my uninformed opinion on the matter. I also wrote my own opinion on scrutinizing them and surveilling them, among the same lines. Or something like that, anyway.
Well we definitely differed there Tongue

I voted discrimination by religion as being unconstitutional.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  correlation between intelligence and atheism Sappho 22 4108 December 10, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Vincent
  Is there a correlation between atheism and intelligence? Dystopia 40 6646 July 4, 2014 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  is there anyone else who has beliefs that are both conservative and liberal? leodeo 15 5780 March 7, 2014 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Bittersmart