Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 4:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cultural Context" Excuse
RE: The "Cultural Context" Excuse
(August 30, 2016 at 9:55 am)Rhythm Wrote: I see no reason to argue you -out- of an even more ridiculous position than that a girl had a talk with a dragon about a piece of fruit.  I've only got one question......where are all these human-dragon hybrids today?

If you still think my position is that the serpent was originally a "dragon" or any sort reptilian creature for that matter, then you haven't been paying attention. The serpent was human-like, the only real difference being that humans were given souls, and the soul (bibically) is what separates us from the beasts.

Where are the hybrids today? look in the mirror...
Oh I see, I'm a hybrid, lol.  How about you? Are we all hybrids? What happened to the regular humans? Do we have half a soul..or do some of us have souls and some do not...is that a heritable trait?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQtzV9IZ0Q
[Image: th?&id=OIP.Ma18c42901967293b616b02d5b6fc...=0&p=0&r=0]
(August 30, 2016 at 9:36 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 30, 2016 at 7:35 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: You can always win an argument when you're dishonest I guess.

In what way was I being dishonest?

Also If you're concerned about honesty/dishonesty why haven't you called out Rev. Rye for quoting the Talmud as a source, then all of the sudden claiming that very same source is not credible when it no longer agrees with his argument?

Thought you were against cherry picking.

You're being dishonest because you aren't actually addressing the CONTEXT he has pointed out to you in the question.

As for your second question, I have no idea what you're talking about...mind refreshing my memory? I wouldn't even know how to use the word "Talmud" properly in context... *scratches head*
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 30, 2016 at 9:55 am)Rhythm Wrote: I see no reason to argue you -out- of an even more ridiculous position than that a girl had a talk with a dragon about a piece of fruit.  I've only got one question......where are all these human-dragon hybrids today?

Um...haven't you ever heard of the Loch Ness monster?! Sheesh...[emoji13]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 30, 2016 at 10:21 am)Rhythm Wrote: Oh I seen, I'm a dragon-human hybrid.  How about you?

we all are bud, hence why were born into sin...

A hybrid cannot breed itself back to the original, hence why you must born again through Christ who is the original seed (sex had nothing to do with his birth).

Life is in the original seed (It can reproduce), death is in the hybridized seed (it cannot reproduce).

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24

Now do you see why Jesus had to die and go into the ground in order to produce children to God?
I see, and so this ancestral un-hybridized form would be what?  Plenty of options to choose from.  Heilderburgensis, Floresiensis, Neanderthalis, Rudolfensis, Habilis, Erectus?   

Since it's a heritable trait...perhaps you could suggest that locus of hybridization or mutation that permitted death and maybe explain why all of those others above appear to have died as well? Maybe., also, explain why the babble talks nonsense about god cursing us when it was, as you say, an issue of hybridization instead?

What's all this business about jesus, how is jesus supposed to have altered our genetics..our heritable traits...and why is this not present -in- our genetics? Is "going into the ground" code for impregnating a clutch of hybridized demi-dragons with repatriating man-seed? If this jesus business somehow turns you into a "child of god" why are you still identifiable as the same species or sub species as myself, a child of the serpent? Why has nothing changed, why is jesus magic ineffective at reversing the hybridization? If that hybridization need not be reversed, then why did we need jesus magic in the first place?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's kinda hard to address your post when you insist on editing it 3 - 4 times within a 5 min window.
Don't worry, you have time.  Take it, be patient, think it through........lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "You, atheists take Bible quotes out of context" mcolafson 61 11952 October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The ONLY excuse good enough for God? ronedee 99 9546 June 1, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Chas