Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Clinton email controversy
RE: New Clinton email controversy
(October 30, 2016 at 3:38 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(October 30, 2016 at 2:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: It's ok. I'm Catholic, not Evangelical anyway.

I hope I haven't offended any Trump Hilary supporters here
Oh, so you don't care if you offended Evangelicals, eh. Wink

I'm assuming that by identifying yourself as Catholic_Lady your faith is very important to you. Both Evangelicals and Catholics share many of the same issues that are important to them. If Hillary is elected she gets to appoint judges to the Supreme Court. What do you think would become of the issues that are so important to you if she's elected? Hope you reconsider about not voting for a presidential candidate.

My bold. 

I'm not sure where you came to that conclusion. Sorry if that was the impression I gave. It was not intended.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 30, 2016 at 8:31 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Clinton is still going to win.  Stop whining, you bitches.

Daybreak has Trump ahead, again.

Also, I enjoy seeing America in political turmoil. Maybe they can actually do something about their puppet democracy after the election?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
The problem with the daybreak/LA Times poll is that it polls the same people every time. If the pool of people was biased towards Trump originally, which it seems to be, then it won't waver much (and it hasn't).

538 still gives Clinton substantial lead with its analysis of multiple polls: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016...ilebar&v=1

Also, as I keep trying to tell people, national polls are practically useless for predicting presidential races. The president isn't elected by popular vote, but by the electoral college.
Right, I think your comments there are fair Tib. As I think I've mentioned, Obama let America down in his second term. He let them down in his first term as well, but at least he had some genuine achievements like the affordable care act.

Did he keep his promise to close Guantanamo Bay within 100 days of assuming office? Nope. Did he prosecute people that were guilty of torture and war-crimes? No he didn't. In fact he went on to become a war criminal himself. And that's not just me saying that, Noam Chomsky said it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mA4HYTO790
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Trump will be worse in and outside the US.

First, he wants to cut the department of education and give everyone school vouchers. Which opens the way for for-profit schools that don't educate students on anything except work skills (if that...). Which means a dumber populace, which means more Trumps in our future.

Second, he wants to ignore Global Warming. Which is a pretty major issue that effects everybody. We finally come to an agreement, and now President Trump wants to end it

Third, he wants to end the Iran deal.

Fourth, he wants to put a 45% tariff on Chinese Goods. (Bad for outside the US and bad for the US too)

Of course he also wants to criminalize abortion (Make Women Second Class Citizens again!), he wants to make gay marriage illegal again, and he wants to curtail the first amendment--especially the freedom of the press.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Oh! Noam Chomsky said it?!? Must be true! /s

Obama tried to close Gitmo; he's still trying to close it. He's hit numerous roadblocks along the way, most aren't his fault. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/0...ent=safari

Don't forget that under the Obama administration the number of detainees dropped from 242 to 60. That's at least progress.
Ahhh...facts. Amazing little buggers, aren't they?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Too bad they mean so little in the current political climate.
The way Aractus goes on about him, you'd think the President was somehow all powerful, rather than just one part of the American government. Obama didn't let the American people down; he was up against a Republican congress that tried to block him at every turn, even going so far as to shut the government down.
For fuck sake can Americans please let this shit go, she will never be on tiral for this! Getting her in a court room for this would be like trying to get Vladimir Putin put on trial for the many murders he has commented or has told people to commit.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 392 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do you feel different about Bill Clinton's sexual past? CapnAwesome 89 12598 November 23, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Trump could be booted, installing Clinton as president Foxaèr 18 4717 June 9, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 14920 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christopher Hitchens vs Hillary Clinton Czechlervitz30 67 7082 October 19, 2016 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hillary Clinton's tech guy might have asked reddit how to remove details from emails Tiberius 10 1806 September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Tastes of Clinton and Trump Supporters Cecelia 14 2811 September 14, 2016 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Hillary Clinton YahwehIsTheWay 18 2755 August 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Losty
Video Top Chris Christie aide breaks rank and supports Clinton Kosh 0 451 August 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Hillary Clinton and the DNC, My Thoughts Mechaghostman2 1 778 July 31, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: dyresand