Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
RE: Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
Well at least you're not trying to BECOME Dianna Ross ala Michael Jackson style Tongue

And as long as you don't like Nickleback... that's the main thing.

It has been said before that Nickleback is "Nirvana without testicles"...and I feel that that's a very apt description.
(May 25, 2017 at 12:07 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Next you're gonna say I was wearing thigh-highs and a minisk -- uh, never mind.

Lol, no...but, I can envision you wearing a kilt. With some boots, perhaps.

Hmmm...Not a bad image. Not bad at all. 
I like it. Smile

Very rugged. Très  cool.
(May 24, 2017 at 11:17 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 11:15 pm)emjay Wrote: I used to wear a couple of earrings. I could never quite remember which way round it was... I think the saying goes 'left ear poof, right ear tough'... but it could have been the other way around. Anyway, I was going for the tough look, not the poof look  Big Grin  They seemed to appeal to the ladies, and I thought they looked pretty cool... but if I was to try that now I think I'd just look like a walking mid life crisis  Wink

Aren't men's' mid-life crises supposed to involve a sports car and a hot younger woman?

Tongue

Mine did.

Ok, not the sports car. In retrospect, I'd have been better off with the car. That at least was only a wreck waiting to happen. The woman was a sure-thing, ongoing wreck.

But, damn! She was hot.
To me the word cool is kinda like fuck. It can pretty much mean whatever you want. I can image all of the following being called 'cool' for one reason or another, yet they're so very different.

Miles Davis
A steam-punk engineers' vest
Willie Nelson
Amazon Alexa
Doc Martens's boots
Tom Wolfe
Banksy
(May 25, 2017 at 2:03 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: To me the word cool is kinda like fuck. It can pretty much mean whatever you want. I can image all of the following being called 'cool' for one reason or another, yet they're so very different.

Miles Davis
Willie Nelson
Amazon Alexa
Doc Martens's boots
Tom Wolfe
Banksy

Point taken. But some things just aren't up for grabs. Miles Davis was so fucking cool he served as the midwife when it was born.
(May 24, 2017 at 11:46 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 11:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: Figures.  Dumbest fucks going.

I'll see your Catholic and raise you a Southern Baptist.

Full house: mormons over scientologists!  *rakes in the chips*
(May 25, 2017 at 2:58 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 11:46 am)Crossless1 Wrote: I'll see your Catholic and raise you a Southern Baptist.

Full house: mormons over scientologists!  *rakes in the chips*

Hey, wait!  They're all Jokers....

(May 25, 2017 at 2:03 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: To me the word cool is kinda like fuck. It can pretty much mean whatever you want. I can image all of the following being called 'cool' for one reason or another, yet they're so very different.

Miles Davis
Willie Nelson
Amazon Alexa
Doc Martens's boots
Tom Wolfe
Banksy

And, of course, Hand Luke.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(May 25, 2017 at 3:39 pm)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 2:58 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Full house: mormons over scientologists!  *rakes in the chips*

Hey, wait!  They're all Jokers....

Miles Davis
Willie Nelson
Amazon Alexa
Doc Martens's boots
Tom Wolfe
Banksy

Five young earth creationists: dumb fuck flush!

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(May 25, 2017 at 3:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 3:39 pm)Harry Nevis Wrote: Hey, wait!  They're all Jokers....

Five young earth creationists: dumb fuck flush!

They will no doubt claim at least to be straight, so your straight flush beats my full house .. damn it.
Quote:8) Religious people live longer, happier lives, according to numerous scientific studies.

Now that's how you use credible sources. I mean, numerous AND scientific! Oh my! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 25768 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 29119 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 13362 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12641 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10797 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12428 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 39572 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack