Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
At least according to one particular Catholic writer.

As much as I wish the following was an Onion article, it just is not. This man really is this stupid.

Quote:I've read a number of stories about how atheism is seen as "cool" by many young people, especially among college age youths. That's funny to me because I couldn't think of anything less cool than becoming an atheist. So, just in case any young people are reading, here are eight reasons that atheism is the in-coolest choice ever.

8) Religious people live longer, happier lives, according to numerous scientific studies.

7) Michelangelo and Bach (look 'em up kids!) were indisputably awesome Christian artists.

6) Typical Atheist gathering:
[Image: atheist%2Bconvention.jpg]

World Youth Day:
[Image: world%2Byouth%2Bday.jpg]

5) Most of your big time mass killers of the 20th century were atheists.

4) This is an extreme Christian.
[Image: mother%2Bteresa.jpg]

This is an extreme atheist:
[Image: dawkins.jpg]

3) As a Christian, my wife looks at me like I'm a gift from God.

2) Many of your college professors agree with your atheist beliefs. How's that for the uncoolest choice ever?

1) Atheists have less children and that probably means...well you probably know what that means since you're all about SCIENCE! Once again, to sum up, you'll be miserable, have a shorter life, and quite likely less sex than your religious counterparts. And you thought atheism was cool? Reconsider and repent ye' fools. Jesus said he is the way, the truth, and the life. Left unsaid, is that He's totally cooler than Richard Dawkins!

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/matthew-a...n-prove-it
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
I mean, anyone who gives Mother Teresa as an extreme portrait of a good person is obviously thinking uncritically.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
"5) Most of your big time mass killers of the 20th century were atheists. "

Most of your big time mass killers in HISTORY were people who claimed to be religious.
He misses the coolest thing about being a theist. I lack the superpower to create a god through mere assertion. Even the Fonz couldn't pull that off.

Oh, and Christian pop music fucking rocks! The Who? Who?!?  Rolleyes
Wow. This writer is, like, so radical, dude. His article is da bomb!  Cool
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Wow... just wow. Faints It's come to that has it? I only have to think of Christian rock music to put that into perspective Big Grin
"3) As a Christian, my wife looks at me like I'm a GIFT from God.

you'll be miserable, have a shorter life, and quite likely less sex than your religious counterparts."

Cool Christians talk about carrying cross not lust.
9) our condemnation of all things gay sexuality makes their depravities all the hotter and more alluring for them to enjoy
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:At least according to one particular Catholic writer.

Figures.  Dumbest fucks going.
(May 24, 2017 at 11:45 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:At least according to one particular Catholic writer.

Figures.  Dumbest fucks going.

I'll see your Catholic and raise you a Southern Baptist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 24727 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27084 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12452 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12124 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10466 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12001 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38055 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack