Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth to Trump -- Fuck You!!
RE: Earth to Trump -- Fuck You!!
(June 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 2:11 pm)alpha male Wrote: No, I'm pointing out that RIGHT NOW we're supposed to be having more hurricanes due to climate change, but we're not. If their predictions were correct, I'd take it more seriously. If they didn't have to go back and fudge historical temperature records to make their case, I'd take it more seriously.

I think a citation is required from you here. So one particular aspect hasn't turned out as expected, which will be due to one factor compensating for it locally that hadn't been taking account. Newsflash, this is a complex system so predicting exactly how the different factors interact is always going to be extremely difficult. As someone who works with complex models (AI) I see this in my work everyday. But we can easily show the overall trend. The global temperature is rising and this leads to more energy in the system and a lazier jet stream leading to more extreme weather events.

But you just want to pick on this one example whist ignoring the multitude of other things that are consistent with global warming. Like for example the more extreme weather that we are experiencing in the UK. The reason you are doing this is because you are better at convincing yourself of what you want to believe than you are at thinking critically.

Your wilful ignorance is even more shameful than if you just told us that you were a sociopath that didn't care about how your lifestyle affects anyone else.

(June 2, 2017 at 2:18 pm)alpha male Wrote: OK. You continue being a sheep.

Being a contrarian doesn't make you a critical thinker. It's just another way of being a sheep.

Indeed severe weather is increasing it dose not have to specifically be hurricanes or typhoons thou those are examples

I imagine his last lines of defense will either be "the science is too young " As if the age of a line of study decides it's accuracy . The tired "There might be factors we don't understand yet . Good go find them and present it in peer review. Or the tired " but the computer models are not infallible so there" then you demand impossible and unreasonable standards.

Quote:
Quote:alpha male Wrote: [/url]The Paris Accord hardly does anything. Temperature is still supposed to rise 2 degrees or more by the end of the century.

[url=https://atheistforums.org/thread-37549.html]Typical religious binary thinking
displayed here. There is no single way to resolve the problem but that doesn't mean to say we should pick the worst outcome.

As I said it's a nirvana fallacy or

Quote:The nirvana fallacy is the informal fallacy of comparing actual things with unrealistic, idealized alternatives. It can also refer to the tendency to assume that there is a perfect solution to a particular problem
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Much like the ACA...

No one is saying the Paris Accords are the best plan, only that they're better than no plan.

Holy fuck, but you're thick, Alpha.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 2, 2017 at 7:32 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Much like the ACA...

No one is saying the Paris Accords are the best plan, only that they're better than no plan.

No he is binary as Mat pointed out either there is a perfect solution or none at all . Which is ironic because Trumps immigration plan is definitely not perfect but Beta loves it .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Don't look for consistency from fascists.  You won't find any.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2017 at 7:32 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Much like the ACA...

He's trolling, just like the Rik. But it does point up that the religious have this fetish with science, that it has to be immutably correct out of the gate, just like that Immutably Correct™ book of theirs Rolleyes (HOW many versions are there, now?), and just can't quite wrap their heads around the concept that "Science"™ never did say it was 100% correct.  Science isn't a FACT, it's a METHOD.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I wish his Dad would have ulled out

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(June 2, 2017 at 11:16 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: I wish his Dad would have ulled out

I think he tried. Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Earth to Trump -- Fuck You!!
(June 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 2:14 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: That's exactly the same thing you just said, except backwards, lol.

Yes, and you still don't have a good response.

Quote:I'm not talking about what ISN'T happening right now, Alpha.  I'm talking about what IS.  

Not really. You say it but give no examples. I'm guessing they're not very good, or you'd be happy to actually list some of them and talk about them, rather than being terribly mysterious about it.

Examples of the current effects of climate change on our planet?

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

Boy, that was hard.

Eh...what does NASA know anyway...am I right? [emoji6]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 3, 2017 at 9:29 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm)alpha male Wrote: Yes, and you still don't have a good response.

Not really. You say it but give no examples. I'm guessing they're not very good, or you'd be happy to actually list some of them and talk about them, rather than being terribly mysterious about it.

Examples of the current effects of climate change on our planet?

Eh...what does NASA know anyway...am I right?  [emoji6]

I also listed several. But of course Beta will insist that it not because of climate change something else must be doing it . And don't cite science that's all part of the evil liberal communist conspiracy .

Inuit Proverb

(June 3, 2017 at 9:34 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(June 3, 2017 at 9:29 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Examples of the current effects of climate change on our planet?

Eh...what does NASA know anyway...am I right?  [emoji6]

I also listed several. But of course Beta will insist that it not because of climate change something else must be doing it . And don't cite science that's all part of the evil liberal communist conspiracy .

I often wonder what it's like to live life, just inventing reality as you go along.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 474 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1333 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 3668 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37459 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 907 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Then Fuck God. Minimalist 10 1683 October 2, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1379 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3580 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2432 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2398 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist