Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discipline/lack of and atheism
RE: Discipline/lack of and atheism
Well I've never considered how hearing impairment might complicate the comprehension of colloquialisms but as I think about it now I get some inkling for it. Damn. I use them a lot along with humor, often enough dark humor. I will try to bear this in mind though and I have to think this knowledge would help others to communicate more successfully with you as well. For what it's worth Steel is a stand up guy who I admire greatly.
Frankly, this notion that atheists are less disciplined than Christians seems hard to sustain in light of numerous Christians who seem anything but disciplined and an Academy of Science that's 90% atheist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Illicit drugs, multiple sex, partying...

I'm really bad at atheing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 12, 2017 at 9:27 am)Whateverist Wrote: Well I've never considered how hearing impairment might complicate the comprehension of colloquialisms but as I think about it now I get some inkling for it.  Damn.  I use them a lot along with humor, often enough dark humor.  I will try to bear this in mind though and I have to think this knowledge would help others to communicate more successfully with you as well.  For what it's worth Steel is a stand up guy who I admire greatly.

Please do learn and advocate on sharing knowledge with fellows how people with profound hearing loss (I'm one with congenital bilateral profound hearing loss but was never assimilated into Auslan society as I was intelligent enough and became a very verbal person as I'm now) might receive it from others who are intentionally being very sarcastic and humourous. This would help lesson any further misunderstandings and lead to peaceful interactions. Thank you for a kind consideration.

As for SteelCurtain, he was initially a good guy but later on, due to the recurrent nature of his harassing me to the point that I was left too distressed and unable to concentrate on my daily work/studies and tasks, I do not respect nor even trust this guy anymore. To me, he is just another notorious person with either a pettiest predisposition to fool and deceive others or lacks integrity and ethical conduct such as hacking, plagiarising and selling someone else's work without the originator's knowledge and consent.

I also have a very dry sense of humour but most of the times, it isn't well received, understood or accepted in the household - I guess it is because they underestimate my intelligence enough to already conclude that I wouldn't be able to use humour at that level; it is why I hate family the most for being such an ignorant bunch of people just as I hate any teachers for overlooking my some specific talents and strengths well into tertiary educational settings.
Oh lordy, does our new member really think that atheism has to do with the rejection of god? Oy. That's like defining a "skeptic" as a rude person who makes fun of Santa and my secret friend just to make me cry.

A better definition of an "atheist" in response to that misnomer would be,

atheist = one who rejects belief in the seemingly fanciful idea of 'gods' as anything more than a product of the imagination inspired by ancient stories.

It is fun to speculate how such ideas arose but always surprising to find them fervently 'believed in' by people who seemingly are modern otherwise.
Atheist: a person in whom the belief in god(s) is absent.

/thread
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'd say, all most sensible atheists are agnostic atheists.

To be a gnostic atheist is to know and study every corner of the universe to disprove that god exists.

I consider myself an agnostic atheist as the most logical position.

I wonder how gnostic or strong atheists who rate 7 or higher on Dawkins scale would go about arguing about their thinking.

After all, theists may not be theists but living in fear of religious persecution should they come out - preachers included. I may be wrong and mistaken, noting ISIS, radicalists and extremists - in that case, it is the greed for power and influence upon masses. Is Pope really an atheist anyway is a question that begets inquiry and curiosity amongst many people.
I have studied every corner of the Universe. Not merely ours, either; every universe, possible and not. There isn't a speck of any god anywhere or anywhen.
(June 12, 2017 at 9:53 am)Cyberman Wrote: I have studied every corner of the Universe. Not merely ours, either; every universe, possible and not. There isn't a speck of any god anywhere or anywhen.

As in astronomy and cosmology?
As in I have personally explored and examined every particle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 3701 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5876 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 24535 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 29145 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Your lack of imagination is your defeat Little Rik 357 51467 July 27, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is Lack of Belief the Best You Can Do? Neo-Scholastic 259 41754 April 3, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 46012 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 13059 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 13377 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Does complexity actually imply the lack of a creator? JaceDeanLove 14 4930 November 15, 2014 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Whateverist