Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: August 2, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence?
RE: Do Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence?
(August 2, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Hey SteveII and Roadrunner79, I'm really enjoying the group effort that reveals the sloppy thinking, uncritical acceptance of fringe NT scholarship, and reliance on stupid memes of atheistic skeptics.

Lol. More delusion.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Lol and i'm enjoying our group effort at exposing the stooges uncritical reliance on fundie fringe apologetics and appeals to consensus in defiance of logic and evidence (a plague in biblical studies) . Stupid apologist memes . And sloppy apologist  thinking . Oh wait that's all they have .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I see three (alleged) adults getting pissy because they can't seem to convince other adults that fairies are legit.  Apparently, not believing in pixies on the basis of bedtime stories makes people irrational.

How much sillier can this shit get, really?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 2, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(August 2, 2017 at 3:05 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Sorry, but there is no amount of textual material that can ever be good evidence for miracle, supernatural, god claims.

Well, there it is, folks. A refreshing piece of honesty. Atheists have no interest in evidence that does not already confirm their opinions.

(August 2, 2017 at 3:05 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: And of course, you are guilty of special pleading by not allowing for the same kind of evidence for other religions texts, besides your own.

Not true. Already answered here: https://atheistforums.org/thread-50195-p...pid1594726

How was that in any capacity a comprehensive and thoughtful answer to the question Simon posed to you?! You [edit] barely made reference to other religious texts; let alone made an attempt to discuss each individually as quality of evidence compared to yours. No. You did NOT sufficiently answer the question, and it's an important one because Steve's entire argument rests upon it. Try again, before you start taking pigeon victory laps.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 2, 2017 at 8:57 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I see three (alleged) adults getting pissy amused because they can't seem to convince other adults belligerent children that fairies the consensus of scholars are legit.  

Fixed that for you.
If only you weren't such a retard, Neo, your protestations might be interesting.  As it is, you simply look like an asshole.  Go pray for some miracles, sonny.
Lol yet more empty apologist masturbation .

(August 2, 2017 at 9:09 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Lol yet more empty apologist masturbation .

Quote:Not true. Already answered here: https://atheistforums.org/thread-50195-p...pid1594726

Yup and it's already been ripped to pieces

Quote:Well, there it is, folks. A refreshing piece of honesty. Atheists have no interest in evidence that does not already confirm their opinions.

Nice attempt to twist moons words. Also the projection here is hilarious .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Double post
Awe all our fundies went away .The entertainment of watching them fail history, logic, Reason , And make unsupported error ridden assertions . Based on apologist excuse making . Was just getting fun. But then again we have already countered everything so...

Inuit Proverb

Sensus divinitatis... lmfao.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man claims to hunt non-binaries Ferrocyanide 10 1346 April 6, 2022 at 8:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 5137 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 39971 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 30617 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Religious claims that get under your skin Abaddon_ire 59 7905 November 10, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: emjay
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 21552 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Personal evidence Foxaèr 19 6264 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Is Accepting Christian Evidence Special Pleading? SteveII 768 252650 September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Witness/insight claims of the authors of the Bible emjay 37 6461 February 16, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Evidence: The Gathering Randy Carson 530 96501 September 25, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: abaris