Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the controversy surrounding #takeaknee
RE: What is the controversy surrounding #takeaknee
(September 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 2:51 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I said unjustified police shootings.  Whether a police shooting is justified or not is a separate discussion from the one we're having about the relationship between crime and poverty.  Why are you being obtuse?

OK, what are the stats on unjustified police shootings by race? Got anything more than anecdotes?

Probably not, though that's hardly LFC's fault.

It's kind of hard to come up with stats on unjustified police shootings by race when so many alleged incidents of unjustified shooting end with the police and D.A.s' offices closing ranks.
(September 29, 2017 at 3:17 pm)Hammy Wrote: Why is it always racist people who refer to black people as 'blacks'?

You are so racist. I bet you totally are. This fucked up agenda, calling black people 'blacks'... ugh. You are such a racist-face. I'd be so surprised if I was wrong.

I avoid racial identifiers whenever possible. When necessary, I try to use whatever the group prefers. For a few years I was using African American, but it seemed I saw black as much or more and it's quicker to say or type, so I've switched to black. To my knowledge it's not a racist term, and you're grasping at straws.
(September 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 2:51 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I said unjustified police shootings.  Whether a police shooting is justified or not is a separate discussion from the one we're having about the relationship between crime and poverty.  Why are you being obtuse?

OK, what are the stats on unjustified police shootings by race? Got anything more than anecdotes?

Did I imply that I had stats?  I said, whether a police shooting is justified or not is a separate discussion from the relationship between crime and poverty.  When a police officer shoots an unarmed person and the shooting is captured on video, there is indeed much discussion surrounding that officer's justification for pulling the trigger.  Your reading comprehension needs work, alpha.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 29, 2017 at 3:17 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 2:34 pm)Hammy Wrote: The first 8 or so seasons were good but ever since then it's been better. One reason: Randy Marsh.

Randy Marsh is the best character on SP.

YES!!!!!!

Butters is my second favorite. Cartman third.

There are loads of other great characters, of course. Mr Garrison can be pretty hilarious at times.

Hell, they're all great characters. Just some are extra hilarious.

Before like series 8 Randy was a very boring unfunny character. He wasn't even really part of the show yet. Remember that?

I THINK the first episode where Randy was suddenly really hilarious was the Bloody Mary episode... which was all focused on Randy Marsh. And I think because it worked super well they decided to make him on more and more episodes.

I could be wrong.... he could have surfaced earlier than that. But I think that was the first episode.

I should rewatch them all again and see how many series it takes for Randy to become a big part of the show. There are many many early series where he is either not featured at all or if he is he's just like this geologist guy who is Stans dad and he doesn't really have any personality yet.

ETA: Oh Bloody Mary was in series 9. Interesting. I should rewatch series 8. See if there's any hilarious Randy around. And watch backwards from that series. I KNOW hilarious Randy is in series 9 +
(September 29, 2017 at 10:42 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 10:26 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You're avoiding my point. I can't say I blame you.

Yes, I tend to avoid bullshit sophistry. That's why I blacklisted khemikal, and you'll be joining soon if you keep this up. I'm a little sad, as I used to consider you above average in reasonableness.

Quote:Why do these protests bother you so much? What is it about them that offends you so much that you devote not one but now 28 posts to it ... but when racists march and actually kill a person, it gets one humdrum post from you?

My posting frequency has much more to do with my workload than my interest in a topic.

(September 29, 2017 at 10:39 am)Lutrinae Wrote: Projecting your issues onto me doesn't answer what I asked.

What you asked isn't real. It's like saying, Why haven't you explained why 2 + 2 = 5?

Lol, speaking of "bailing [sic] out because you're losing!"

The fact that you consider this sophistry says more about you than me.

If you feel the need to block me, go right ahead. Bear in mind, that just means you won't be reading me. It doesn't mean I won't be writing. Smile

(September 29, 2017 at 3:20 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: Probably not, though that's hardly LFC's fault.

It's kind of hard to come up with stats on unjustified police shootings by race when so many alleged incidents of unjustified shooting end with the police and D.A.s' offices closing ranks.

Yep, and that's why you need to draw inferences from totals, as we were doing.

(September 29, 2017 at 3:22 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The fact that you consider this sophistry says more about you than me.

If you feel the need to block me, go right ahead. Bear in mind, that just means you won't be reading me. It doesn't mean I won't be writing. Smile

I haven't blocked khemikal. I just don't respond.
(September 29, 2017 at 2:41 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 2:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Hey Alpha, if you want to live in a country where law enforcement has free reign try North Korea.

You still washing dishes?

Hey buttfuck, the thread isn't about me the individual. If you are expecting me to be ashamed of an honest job, you can choke on a dick. But who cares right, as long as your are rich and can afford a fleet of lawyers you can brag about stiffing your university investors and not paying back the full amount you fleeced them.

If dish washing were criminal it would be outlawed. No I am not ashamed of it. You should be ashamed of your own ignorance though.
(September 29, 2017 at 3:22 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm)alpha male Wrote: OK, what are the stats on unjustified police shootings by race? Got anything more than anecdotes?

Did I imply that I had stats?  I said, whether a police shooting is justified or not is a separate discussion from the relationship between crime and poverty.  When a police officer shoots an unarmed person and the shooting is captured on video, there is indeed much discussion surrounding that officer's justification for pulling the trigger.  Your reading comprehension needs work, alpha.

You don't seem to have any point relevant to the topic.

(September 29, 2017 at 3:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Hey buttfuck, the thread isn't about me the individual. If you are expecting me to be ashamed of an honest job, you can choke on a dick.

Nice homophobic slur. Smile

(September 28, 2017 at 1:35 pm)pool the matey Wrote: Hmm. Given the history of racism and slavery in usa you'd think people would notice when govt officials are kinda sorta targeting Blacks and other minorities.. Like for one second imagine German police specifically targeting Jews, killing Jews and getting away with it. Imagine if German prisons were crowded with Jews.. Imagine if a cop said "we only kill jews"... What if the German president spoke against a jew protesting the killing and cruel treatment of Jews by calling him a sob, won't anyone with a sprinkle of common sense find something wrong there? . Usa does have a racism problem but many people refuse to even talk about it or get angry when someone else talk about it calling it a 'political issue'. I think I remember seeing a video of a cop stopping a car driven by a black woman and in the middle of the road her legs are kept apart and some officers inspect her v to find...drugs... Like holy shit dude.. I know there are certain people reading this that don't exactly think there's a racism problem but are afraid to speak out because they fear being labeled a racist..i want these people to just read and go through these posts and hopefully change their minds

Fucking racist!
(September 29, 2017 at 3:27 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 3:22 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Did I imply that I had stats?  I said, whether a police shooting is justified or not is a separate discussion from the relationship between crime and poverty.  When a police officer shoots an unarmed person and the shooting is captured on video, there is indeed much discussion surrounding that officer's justification for pulling the trigger.  Your reading comprehension needs work, alpha.

You don't seem to have any point relevant to the topic.

I was merely correcting your strawman.

Alpha, your argument seems to go something to the tune of, 'anyone who commits a crime deserves to be gunned down by the police.'  I guess I'm just waiting for you to explain your reasoning.  Am I wrong?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 29, 2017 at 7:27 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 5:38 am)alpha male Wrote: ... or they believe in the ideal of a post-racial society. You know, like MLK proposed.

I doubt you're very interested in a post-racial society. I missed your griping about these protesters:

[Image: swastika-charlottesville.jpg?w=450]

They sure look post-racial to me   Jerkoff .

Why were you so silent then? You posted once on those riots which saw one killed, and then in a very blase manner ("Counter-protests play right into their hands").

Between this thread and Brian's "Forced Ritual" thread, you've posted twenty-seven times.  That's right, twenty-seven times. No one has been hurt at all, no one has been killed, no one has even been arrested, but this protesting over the treatment of blacks in America sure gets you wound up a hell of a lot more than a march by white supremacists that ended up with one dead and thirty-eight injured.

So yeah, spare me your fake concern about a post-racial society, or Dr King's words. You're pissed off because those uppity niggers are -- gasp! -- kneeling in protest. We get it.

Fucking racist!

(September 29, 2017 at 7:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 7:36 am)alpha male Wrote: It's sad that you have to paint your opponents into extremes like that.

You're the one up in arms about blacks protesting.

It's clear you're much more concerned when blacks protest in the name of equality. It's clear that you think white protests under swastikas should go unanswered -- but boy, let some football players take a knee for the anthem and you're a regular Energizer Bunny.

I'm not painting a thing, Alf. You're taking a selfie.  Smile

WTF, more racism!

(September 29, 2017 at 8:02 am)Brian37 Wrote: Then you are a tone deaf idiot.

I am sorry it bothers you that blacks are pointing out an uncomfortable reality. I am sorry it bothers you that whites who see this and are with blacks also see this. Instead of sticking your fingers in your ears, and putting your hands over your eyes, shut the fuck up and listen.

You are not helping blacks by basically shitting on them for using their positions to point out social inequality.

You don't like either black or white players protesting? Too fucking bad. This protest is long overdue. America needs to have this conversation. America has still not faced our deep rooted racism. I could give one shit less if you say you are not racist. This post is basically justifying ignoring a very real problem.

I DO support the black players and the white players and anyone whom recognizes the REAL inequality that still exists. Now ask me if I give a fuck that you are too much of a crybaby to understand this. Your private parts will not fall off if you face this reality instead of ignoring it.

Fucking racist!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what do you guys think about this controversy surrounding the March for Life? Drich 46 3243 January 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Breaking news: Tiangong-1 landed in Tokyo and surrounding areas I_am_not_mafia 15 2471 April 1, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Another manufactured country controversy Natachan 12 2549 February 5, 2015 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Controversy? What controversy? Brian37 9 2037 January 5, 2015 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Nope