Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightened rants...
RE: Enlightened rants...
(November 8, 2017 at 7:12 am)Hammy Wrote: It's so vexing that this thread has gotten many more replies than my unenlightened rants thread!

We should merge the two into a thread called just "Rants," as there's enlightened ones in your thread and unenlightened ones here.
(November 8, 2017 at 2:50 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Save
Who said I'm trying to convert you in the first place?
Oh, no one buddy, I was just informing you that you probably have the wrong idea of "people like me" if you think that many like me come to god.  

Quote:Bush won two terms and Trump kicked Hillary's ass!
Trumps pop vote loss has been the only thing historic about his presidency so far...until he gets indicted as a fucking spy, ofc.  BShrub was closer, still a loss.  You were implying that the winner of our elections somehow describes the mindset of the majority of our populace.  This is obviously not the case.  Do you understand?  

Quote:The biggest pervs I saw in my life, were mostly the conservative religious type. I'm not bashing; but let's talk about child rapes carried on by priests. Or let's discuss the amounts of homophobic homos; who have a thing for butts but preach against it.

Usually; when a person lectures me about something, I assume a possibility that maybe he/she is doing what they preach me not to do.
Taboo breeds perversion.  Hey..."allah" told you not to stick in in the wrong holes too...what do you think he might be up to on a saturday night?  Wink

Quote:What if things changed to the advantage of places like China and Russia, and the west became "old news"; just like what happened to the Ottomans once? and westerners became the immigrants?
Things already are changing towards Chinese advantage, we'll have to wait and see if the russian thing is a bubble.  In the longer run of time..though, it seems like an inevitability that the US will not be able to maintain it's status as a place to go too, though that probably depends on how we handle the same sort of thing the UK went through.  

Quote:She doesn't need to be like her brother, I won't judge her reasons for converting until I hear her talk.
Not carrying the sins of her brother is all I say.
....................?  Atlass, you pointed to the conversion of a single woman as though it argued against or nullified a great deal of population data on the subject.  Conversion is not..in western countries, the prime factor in the increase of muslims as a portion of the population.  That would be immigration..and recent deleterious wars.  That whole refugee crisis thing...that you may or may not have heard about. The imams can't convert people faster than they're leaving the umma if they tried. Wherever they go, they take magic book with them. Until their grandchildren, or their grandchildrens grandchildren... put it down and never pick it back up. This is a common theme. It happened to my ancestors as well.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 8, 2017 at 2:07 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Knowing "there is only one God" is the start of wisdom and the perfection of wisdom and the foundation of enlightenment.

[Image: What-can-be-asserted-without-evidence-ca...dence..jpg]
Maybe it's my lack of resolve to obey you
Maybe it's my ingratitude towards your favors
Maybe it's my apathy towards the oppressed
Maybe it's my arrogance that I keep 
Maybe it's my lack of fear thinking I am entitled to safety
Maybe it's my belittling the evil of my sins
Maybe it's that I value myself still more than you
Maybe it's that I have become too at peace with the darkness of my soul and place.
Maybe it's my pretending that hell does not surround me when I see that it does.
Maybe it's my wasting time despite all the wisdom and knowledge I have of the path I must follow
Maybe it's sheer lack of love towards the family of the reminder
Maybe it's something viler than all this, something even eviler.
But I am tired of what I've become and want to change.
So do help me change, and help me through family, friends, and your guidance that you appointed and brought forth to mankind.
And do not leave me to myself alone.
(November 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: But I am tired of what I've become and want to change.
So do help me change, and help me through family, friends, and your guidance that you appointed and brought forth to mankind.

Hey man... we're here for you.
What's ailing you?
(November 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Maybe it's my lack of resolve to obey you    ---   you can't obey something that doesn't exist
Maybe it's my ingratitude towards your favors   ---  imaginary friends can't grant favors
Maybe it's my belittling the evil of my sins    ---  evil against others exists, evil against a deity does not
Maybe it's that I value myself still more than you  ---  you are a lot more valuable than an imaginary friend.  If you are speaking of other humans this is valid.
Maybe it's that I have become too at peace with the darkness of my soul and place. -- souls don't exist -- substitute psyche and this has merit
Maybe it's my pretending that hell does not surround me when I see that it does.   -- take this one up with a good therapist
Maybe it's my wasting time despite all the wisdom and knowledge I have of the path I must follow  -- ?? If this is "not devoting every minute to my imaginary friend" -- don't throw away the only life you have.
And do not leave me to myself alone.  --  Reach out to those friends and family members.  They actually exist.

This sounds like a whole lot of religious hymns where the worshipper bemoans not having given enough, not being pure enough, not being worthy enough of the love of their imaginary friend.  "Take my heart, take my mind, take my hands, take my feet, speak through me, use me, prove to me that you exist".   If this is original though it does show an impressive level of introspection.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(November 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Maybe it's my lack of resolve to obey you
Maybe it's that I have become too at peace with the darkness of my soul and place.
Maybe it's my pretending that hell does not surround me when I see that it does.
Maybe it's my wasting time despite all the wisdom and knowledge I have of the path I must follow

Who are you typing to? God? I hope he at least leaves a kudos.
(November 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Maybe it's my lack of resolve to obey you

Regardless of your religious beliefs, you need more than faith in a higher power to find meaning and happiness. Those things with only be found within YOU. You are special, and you can overcome obstacles yourself. People are capable of great things. Don't let anybody or anything tell you otherwise.

In order to truly better yourself, you must self reflect while disregarding God. Only then can you figure out what's really troubling you. Just you and yourself, alone.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
The worst that can happen, is that you become a self sufficiently better person, and I;m sure god appreciates a quality bootlicker more than a sniveling beggar.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The Quran says "if my servant asks you regarding me" and says "to God belongs the beautiful names so supplicate/pray by them", and so the name of God which the is the face/image of God and the means to God and the rope to God and the handhold of God and the leader who is coupled always with Twelve other leaders, who during the time of the Prophet were twelve stars with him, even though they didn't yet come to this world with exception of Ali, Hassan and Hussain, and so it is known by the "by the name of God is it's moving and anchoring" and "and we raised from them Twelve Captains" and "the day every soul is called with a driver and witness" and "the day every human is called with their leader" and "the day every people is called with a witness from themselves", it is known that the navigating beautiful names of God are the families of the reminders, and they remind of God, and they remind of who we are and of the path, and they remind of witnessing vision of God for they witness us with that very light brought down, and Ahlulbayt (as) said "we are the seven mathani" and among those verses are "Thee do we worship and thee do we seek help", and so they are that very name of God that calls upon God and until we recognize they are that connection and "by the name of God" pertains to them, we are drunk in intoxication of the sorcery of Iblis and do not understand the words we utter in Salah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rants for the family of Taha and Yaseen. Mystic 124 11598 September 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi