Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's Rights Movement
RE: Men's Rights Movement
(December 21, 2017 at 12:24 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: "Someone like you" ...?

Yeah, that's code for "white male".

In her amazing feminist "equal rights" fantasy, I'm probably not allowed to have opinions on this kind of thing. I haven't checked my privilege enough.

Meh. She's an elitist. Exactly the kind of feminist that makes it hard to like them. (Kidding. I honestly don't know anything about her other than she's always pissed off for some reason or another.)
(December 21, 2017 at 12:33 am)Tiberius Wrote:

In her amazing feminist "equal rights" fantasy, I'm probably not allowed to have opinions on this kind of thing. I haven't checked my privilege enough.

Ah, I see.

I was wondering what that was supposed to mean, since you're just a super chill person who doesn't have any sort of negative reputation around here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 21, 2017 at 12:33 am)Tiberius Wrote:

I think maybe she just hates you by association, but I can't pretend to understand what's going on there.

(December 21, 2017 at 12:39 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 12:33 am)Tiberius Wrote: Yeah, that's code for "white male".

Ah, I see.

I was wondering what that was supposed to mean, since you're just a super chill person who doesn't have any sort of negative reputation around here.

He's super chill IRL too. Everyone loves him. Go figure.
(December 21, 2017 at 12:20 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 12:18 am)Thena323 Wrote: Tibs resorted to referring me as a "dipshit"

I just used the term you used to refer to us. See, that's what's nice about egalitarianism. If you can use that word, so can I. Equal rights! Tongue

*highlighted for emphasis

I was "ranting" about folks who refer to egalitarianism as a means of concealing their lack of genuine concern and/or outright hostility towards specific minorities and their claims of oppression. 
Are you admitting that my post in fact, was an accurate description of YOU?

Cause it REALLY, REALLY seems like you are.  Big Grin
(December 21, 2017 at 12:46 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 12:20 am)Tiberius Wrote: I just used the term you used to refer to us. See, that's what's nice about egalitarianism. If you can use that word, so can I. Equal rights! Tongue

*highlighted for emphasis

I was "ranting" about folks who refer to egalitarianism as a means of concealing their lack of genuine concern and/or outright hostility towards specific minorities and their claims of oppression. 
Are you admitting that my post in fact, was an accurate description of YOU?

Cause it REALLY, REALLY seems like you are.  Big Grin

I'm not.

Do people do what you claim, because it seems unlikely, given the fact that egalitarianism as a movement was developed as a result of feminism and MRA movements going batshit crazy. It's much more mellow than you seem to think.
Thena Wrote:I was "ranting" about folks who refer to egalitarianism as a means of concealing their lack of genuine concern and/or outright hostility towards specific minorities

That's not what the following sounds like, so maybe you want to clarify that and acknowledge that maybe your specific rant came across as general anger against anyone who calls themselves an egalitarian.

(December 20, 2017 at 9:03 pm)Thena323 Wrote: In context, "egalitarianism" is a bullshit, cop-out term tossed around by those who are disinterested in really getting to the heart of a given matter; a cheap, meaningless concession offered up with the intent of shutting legitimate feminist dialogue down. 

To be fair, you never did clarify what context you're talking about here. You can see how this sounds like anyone who calls themselves a egalitarian is just trying to shut down feminist dialogue?

Tibs, isn't egalitarianism just equality for everyone? That doesn't sound at all like hating minorities. I'm very confused, but I'm neither an egalitarian or a feminist that I know of.
(December 21, 2017 at 12:38 am)Shell B Wrote:

Meh. She's an elitist. Exactly the kind of feminist that makes it hard to like them. (Kidding. I honestly don't know anything about her other than she's always pissed off for some reason or another.)

Well, of course. I'm Angry Black Woman and Raging Feminazi. 

I'm violently pissed...even in the midst of not being pissed at all. 
So obviously my points have no validity whatsoever.
Anyway, I've said all I care enough to say about the topic. Thanks for the docu recommendation, CL. Good night, everyone-even you, angry Thena. Wink
(December 21, 2017 at 1:01 am)Thena323 Wrote: Well, of course. I'm Angry Black Woman and Raging Feminazi. 

I'm violently pissed...even in the midst of not being pissed at all. 
So obviously my points have no validity whatsoever.

Your race has fuck all to do with the validity of your points. Your points are invalid because they have no logical basis. It's fine if you don't want to call yourself an egalitarian, and prefer the term "feminist", but it's totally unfair to label egalitarians in the way you did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1957 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12976 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7548 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5577 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5824 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3245 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21537 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 27929 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2670 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6441 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B