Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Men
Real Men
Who are real men?

Charles Bronson was a real man.

John Wayne was a real man.

Rock Hudson was a real man.

So were Michael Jackson, Pee Wee Herman and Liberace and Sir Elton John.

Jesus Christ? Probably not.

Fiction most likely.
RE: Real Men
what is the definition of a real man to you?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Funny how all of the 'real men' on that list (except Michael Jackson) are known by false names: Charles Buchinsky, Marion Morrison, Roy Scherer, Paul Reubens, Władziu Valentino Liberace, and Reginald Dwight, respectively.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 21, 2020 at 9:58 am)tackattack Wrote: what is the definition of a real man to you?

I would think a "real man" is one that really exists! Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

There's no most likely or probably. Jesus Christ is not and has never been a real man. People can hem and haw about some jesus of nazareth all day long, but jesus-the-man and jesus christ are not the same person, regardless.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 21, 2020 at 10:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Funny how all of the 'real men' on that list (except Michael Jackson) are known by false names: Charles Buchinsky, Marion Morrison, Roy Scherer, Paul Reubens, Władziu Valentino Liberace, and Reginald Dwight, respectively.

Boru
A name is just a name.
It does not change reality.

(January 21, 2020 at 9:58 am)tackattack Wrote: what is the definition of a real man to you?

Ask Zebo.

He gets it.
[Image: heman1__70185.1527278255.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on]
What traits or characteristics disqualify a person from being a man?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Here I was wanting to have an aside on what men identify as manly and OLB sets the trap and Gae takes the religion shot.

I consider being a real man many things, but one that bubbles to the surface is, makes the hard decisions/sacrifices. If the thread devolves into just jokes or theistic ramblings, then that's fine. It's not what I'm here for today though.

edit- to add @LadyForCamus -we can have classification discussions, but I feel that's been done to death. Whatever physical appendages, chromosomal, hormonal or decided traits you decide to be a "man" is a man. so what makes it a "real man"
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(January 21, 2020 at 10:51 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: What traits or characteristics disqualify a person from being a man?

Male. Must occupy or have occupied physical space.

Inaginary friends do not count.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1882 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12674 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7101 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5298 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3043 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 20967 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 26592 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2415 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 66185 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6246 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B