Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:30 am

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
This WOULD be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
66.67%
20 66.67%
This would NOT be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
33.33%
10 33.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the heterosexual men of AF
Question for the heterosexual men of AF
This question comes from the exchange between Ham and Flying Narwhal on this thread:  https://atheistforums.org/thread-53967.html (relevant part begins on page 2). 

So, I got curious and wanted to ask here. If you were initially attracted to someone you saw and spoke with (maybe went on a couple dates with), and found out after the fact that this person is biologically male because they told you, would this fact alone be a deal breaker to you in terms of continuing to pursue a romantic relationship? Would you no longer feel sexually attracted to the person nor interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with them? Please be honest and explain your response. 

*Assume this person has done all the sex reassignment surgical procedures/hormone therapy, etc, for the transition process and looks feminine.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Question for the heterosexual men of AF
That would be a bridge too far for me.  But you did remind me of this joke.

Quote:After a long night of making love, the guy notices a photo of another man, on the woman’s nightstand by the bed. He begins to worry. "Is this your husband?" he nervously asks.
"No, silly," she replies, snuggling up to him.
"Your boyfriend, then?" he continues.
"No, not at all," she says, nibbling away at his ear.
"Is it your dad or your brother?" he inquires, hoping to be reassured.
"No, no, no! You are so hot when you’re jealous!" she answers.
"Well, who in the hell is he, then?" he demands.
She whispers in his ear: "That’s me before the surgery."
Love is love. If you really, sincerely cared about that person, I don’t see why that would matter.
I believe in life before death.
It's easy to imagine what one might do in a hypothetical, romantic situation but if you're actually in it and living it, oftentimes that all goes out the window.

-Teresa
If I'm looking for a romantic partner, I expect a pussy between those legs. It doesn't matter if they were originally born with one or not, but I would like there to be one when I'm ready to get intimate.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I wouldn't be sure until it happened and at my age I'm very sure it ain't gonna happen.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It would not be a deal breaker for me in the slightest. I wouldn't even blink. Perhaps I'd worry how some family or friends would judge me but then I'd think "fuck them they're bigoted idiots if they judge me."

If I'm attracted to someone's mind and body, then I'm attracted to their mind and body. Discovering after the fact that their chromosomes are different to I initially thought is about as relevant as discovering that the Slovak word for "apple" is "jablko".

I don't even think a trans person should have to tell the other person that they're trans. Why would it or should it matter?

Now I would certainly be against anyone to lie about it and say they're not trans if they are... but that's just because I'm against lying in general. I am not against irrelevant secrets that are nobody else's business.

If I were trans myself and I didn't want to tell anybody... I wouldn't.
I can really see it mattering .Really the only deal breaker is if they demanded exclusivity. I'm poly here now and forever . Tongue
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I didn't know how to vote based on your wording (my problem more than yours, I'm sure). But I don't care if said woman started out as a man, as long as all of the woman parts are there and none of the man parts are there.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
The anatomical features would not bother me. If the person has an unhealthy preoccupation with the drama of the sex change it would bother me. I am not comfortable with pretense.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1878 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12674 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7091 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5283 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5406 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3039 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 20952 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2414 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 65706 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6238 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B