Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's Rights Movement
RE: Men's Rights Movement
(December 21, 2017 at 12:52 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 12:46 am)Thena323 Wrote: *highlighted for emphasis

I was "ranting" about folks who refer to egalitarianism as a means of concealing their lack of genuine concern and/or outright hostility towards specific minorities and their claims of oppression. 
Are you admitting that my post in fact, was an accurate description of YOU?

Cause it REALLY, REALLY seems like you are.  Big Grin

I'm not.

Do people do what you claim, because it seems unlikely, given the fact that egalitarianism as a movement was developed as a result of feminism and MRA movements going batshit crazy. It's much more mellow than you seem to think.

Are you at all familiar with the concept of "paying lip service"? 

Also...Should the standard for determining whether a worldwide movement's going "batshit crazy" be the prevalence of Youtube videos posted by fringe nutters?
MRA were born on and live on the internet and in my opinion it is largely a troll-y topic. There are few, if any MRA rallies, no MRA lobbyists and no MRAs raising money for their cause. Just keyboard and youtube warriors pounding sand about how unfair life is as it relates to women. The OP's implication of "I just wanna be open-minded about this" is laughable. I've encountered more odious threads on this topic on more websites and forums than I care to think about but at least there are some thoughtful comments on this thread. It would be a shame if MRA debates contaminated AF.

-Teresa
(December 20, 2017 at 11:39 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 20, 2017 at 9:03 pm)Thena323 Wrote: In context, "egalitarianism" is a bullshit, cop-out term tossed around by those who are disinterested in really getting to the heart of a given matter; a cheap, meaningless concession offered up with the intent of shutting legitimate feminist dialogue down.

In what context is that even remotely true?

Egalitarians are feminists. The whole point of being egalitarian is that you support equal rights for everyone, that includes women's rights.

Seems maybe you are the dipshit here.

Feminism is about a lot more then having equal rights under the law, you know. I don't think you'd need college courses on it, if that were the case.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 21, 2017 at 1:07 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 1:01 am)Thena323 Wrote: Well, of course. I'm Angry Black Woman and Raging Feminazi. 

I'm violently pissed...even in the midst of not being pissed at all. 
So obviously my points have no validity whatsoever.

Your race has fuck all to do with the validity of your points. Your points are invalid because they have no logical basis. It's fine if you don't want to call yourself an egalitarian, and prefer the term "feminist", but it's totally unfair to label egalitarians in the way you did.

Ha ha..You know goddamned well that was sarcasm, not race baiting. I assume that's why you deemed it fit leave your to your lovely wife's post.
Nice try though,man. Wink

And frankly, I don't care if you're butthurt by my categorizing the people who choose to refer to "egalitarianism" as a means of dismissing legitimate sociopolitical movements as being dissimulating, disingenuous assholes, because you they ARE. 

Ban me if you don't like it.
(December 21, 2017 at 1:54 am)Tres Leches Wrote: MRA were born on and live on the internet and in my opinion it is largely a troll-y topic. There are few, if any MRA rallies, no MRA lobbyists and no MRAs raising money for their cause. Just keyboard and youtube warriors pounding sand about how unfair life is as it relates to women. The OP's implication of "I just wanna be open-minded about this" is laughable. I've encountered more odious threads on this topic on more websites and forums than I care to think about but at least there are some thoughtful comments on this thread. It would be a shame if MRA debates contaminated AF.

-Teresa

MRA movements, the social issues version of intelligent design movements.
(December 20, 2017 at 5:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As a younger man, I felt that my Men's Rights were being violated because of the astonishing number of women who declined to sleep with me.  Bigots, the lot of them.

Boru

I'm triggered!

So to speak, of course.

(December 21, 2017 at 12:33 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 21, 2017 at 12:24 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: "Someone like you" ...?

Yeah, that's code for "white male".

In her amazing feminist "equal rights" fantasy, I'm probably not allowed to have opinions on this kind of thing. I haven't checked my privilege enough.

Actually, it's just code for Alt-Right Sympathizing Closet Case. Big Grin

Why do you insist on playing the race card?
Wow tibs is not alt right at all. Where do you even get that from??
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 21, 2017 at 1:27 am)Thena323 Wrote: Also...Should the standard for determining whether a worldwide movement's going "batshit crazy" be the prevalence of Youtube videos posted by fringe nutters?

There isn't a standard, but the prevalence of the "crazy" feminists and MRAs can't just be ignored. They are extremely vocal, and that reflects badly on the feminist movement in general. At this point, if someone tells me they are a "feminist", they could very well fall into several different sub-types. There's massive disagreements within feminism regarding sex positivity, to use one example.

(December 21, 2017 at 1:58 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Feminism is about a lot more then having equal rights under the law, you know. I don't think you'd need college courses on it, if that were the case.

Sure, but that's the main goal. Equality under the law and equality in society (one could argue they are the same thing).

(December 21, 2017 at 2:12 am)Thena323 Wrote: And frankly, I don't care if you're butthurt by my categorizing the people who choose to refer to "egalitarianism" as a means of dismissing legitimate sociopolitical movements as being dissimulating, disingenuous assholes, because you they ARE. 

Ban me if you don't like it.

You've yet to demonstrate that.

Also we don't ban people here for voicing disagreements, there would be nobody left on the forum, so you'll forgive me if I ignore your attempt to get a rise out of me.

(December 21, 2017 at 2:21 am)Thena323 Wrote: Actually, it's just code for Alt-Right Sympathizing Closet Case. Big Grin

Why do you insist on playing the race card?

You think I'm an alt-right sympathizer? Now you really are being hilarious.

I don't insist on playing the race card, I'm just used to feminists using it against me (and the sex card) to somehow discredit what I'm saying.
(December 20, 2017 at 11:17 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 20, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: [...]
I said "We tend to prioritize our children." That's also a fact. Most women are good mothers who make their kids #1. (Nothing at all to be ashamed of)[...]

Oh, but I though Jebus was supposed to be "#1"... Seems like you can't get your priorities straight.  Rolleyes

Does Jebus ever ask for the booby milk and tell the kid to fuck off?

Sounds like something Jebus Cripes would do.

EDIT: Oh whoops. Sorry to disturb the pointless argument about the imaginary problems with feminism and egalitarianism, guys. Aren't they both great? Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 2047 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 13441 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7693 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5766 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5978 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3315 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21712 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 28684 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2730 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6483 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B