Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is A Fair Question
RE: This Is A Fair Question
So Antares went down in flames, any one else feel froggy?
Shit, I'm convinced.  All hail the sungod!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Huggy is again on his stupid rampage of denial of reality. Why don't you go and talk to Christians themselves who argue for centuries which parts of the Bible are right? Maybe you should start with Anglicans and Catholics with Anglicans ridiculing Catholicism and their central doctrine which claims that the bread and wine used in the communion ceremony is changed in substance so that what is bread and wine to all the senses is really the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ. They said that it was an idiotic doctrine because if it looks like bread, smells like bread, tastes like bread, then it is bread.

And while you're at it maybe you can find out when Jesus was born, where he was born, what was the reason for his killing, how did Judas die, how long was Jesus supposedly underground, when and where from did he ascend to heaven - because Bible gives different accounts on all of those things.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Quote:First of all, God IS light...

Um, Huggy.  According to Your Big Book of Holy Horseshit

Quote:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

KJV  Gen 1

God had to create light on the first day.  Rather clumsy of him, no?
I kind of feel bad. Huggy will go down to the wire, clutching his pearls and rosary, making claims to the glory of his version of god, arguing with atheists. What a dry end. Huggy, go to a new parish and elevate them to your level of belief, in all aspects.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 2, 2018 at 12:42 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(February 2, 2018 at 11:47 am)Minimalist Wrote: I imagine the religitards will lose their shit over it.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/bible-poorly-written/

I'm sure the Christian response would go along the lines of 'you can't judge the book by its translations; in Hebrew and Greek it's magnificent'.

Of course, the very people who would say that with straight faces don't read Hebrew or Greek.  Rolleyes

I actually have a working knowledge of Koine Greek (sadly, not Hebrew as of yet). The honest Christian answer would be that God allowed each biblical author's unique strengths, weaknesses, vocabulary, and style to show in their writing, though the inherent message is inspired. Peter, for example, wrote pretty bad Greek, while others such as Paul and Luke wrote beautifully. Nevertheless, the inherent messages are inspired.

(February 2, 2018 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: But EVERY word was dictated by fucking god himself..... or so the assholes claim.

You're wrong. Most educated evangelicals hold that God allowed the biblical authors to use their own personalities, vocabulary, writing style, and even research techniques in writing and constructing their texts, though their message is inspired. Mechanical dictation only occurs in certain specific circumstances (e.g. the Ten Commandments).
(February 28, 2018 at 11:13 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: So Antares went down in flames, any one else feel froggy?

I went to sleep. When I left, you were saying your god = light
I believe in life before death.
(March 1, 2018 at 2:30 am)stretch3172 Wrote: I actually have a working knowledge of Koine Greek (sadly, not Hebrew as of yet). The honest Christian answer would be that God allowed each biblical author's unique strengths, weaknesses, vocabulary, and style to show in their writing, though the inherent message is inspired. Peter, for example, wrote pretty bad Greek, while others such as Paul and Luke wrote beautifully. Nevertheless, the inherent messages are inspired.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that it is clear that the bible has been edited and reedited so many times that we can get not one single iota of the voices of the various authors from any modern bible. Compound this with the fact that, despite often taking famous christian names, every single author in the bible is anonymous, and what you're left with is that the only honest, rational and truthful conclusion is that the bible is a wholly invented tissue of lies from its first I to its last full stop.

(March 1, 2018 at 6:06 am)Antares Wrote:
(February 28, 2018 at 11:13 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: So Antares went down in flames, any one else feel froggy?

I went to sleep. When I left, you were saying your god = light

That's huggy's MO right there, unilaterally declare himself the winner when he is being spankered. Expect this declaration to be brought up every single time you respond to him for the next ten years, as if it automatically gave him license to declare your opinions and learning null and void.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

You're a creationist. You're less mature than a 2 year old in a diaper.

(March 1, 2018 at 1:02 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:First of all, God IS light...

Um, Huggy.  According to Your Big Book of Holy Horseshit

Quote:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

KJV  Gen 1

God had to create light on the first day.  Rather clumsy of him, no?

He had to create himself on the first day because he's so useless he needs to exist twice and even after that he's nowhere to be found.

Either that or Huggy is a fucktard who can't read his own magic book properly.
(March 1, 2018 at 2:30 am)stretch3172 Wrote: You're wrong. Most educated evangelicals hold that God allowed the biblical authors to use their own personalities, vocabulary, writing style, and even research techniques in writing and constructing their texts, though their message is inspired. Mechanical dictation only occurs in certain specific circumstances (e.g. the Ten Commandments).

Research techniques? Well that's a new one.

If the four gospels are the inspired word of God then all four gospels are true.
If all four gospels are true then all four will be the same.
The four gospels are not the same.

Indeed, the gospel of John differs so much from the other three that it may not be obvious to a casual reader that he's talking about the same bloke. So what should a rational thinking person conclude from this? I'll give you a badly needed clue, it's all made up bollocks.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.