Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is A Fair Question
This Is A Fair Question
I imagine the religitards will lose their shit over it.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/bible-poorly-written/

Quote:Why is the Bible so poorly written?

Quote:Millions of evangelicals and other Christian fundamentalists believe that the Bible was dictated by God to men who acted essentially as human transcriptionists. If that were the case, one would have to conclude that God is a terrible writer. Many passages in the Bible would get kicked back by any competent editor or writing professor, kicked back with a lot of red ink—often more red than black.
RE: This Is A Fair Question
(February 2, 2018 at 11:47 am)Minimalist Wrote: I imagine the religitards will lose their shit over it.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/bible-poorly-written/

Quote:Why is the Bible so poorly written?

Quote:Millions of evangelicals and other Christian fundamentalists believe that the Bible was dictated by God to men who acted essentially as human transcriptionists. If that were the case, one would have to conclude that God is a terrible writer. Many passages in the Bible would get kicked back by any competent editor or writing professor, kicked back with a lot of red ink—often more red than black.

I'm sure the Christian response would go along the lines of 'you can't judge the book by its translations; in Hebrew and Greek it's magnificent'.

Of course, the very people who would say that with straight faces don't read Hebrew or Greek.  Rolleyes
But EVERY word was dictated by fucking god himself..... or so the assholes claim.
I think it is very obvious that Bible was written by many, many people over the years who didn't even read what people before them wrote so there are so many inconsistencies that for every claim in the Bible you can find the opposite claim or place of happening. Like, most Christians if you ask them will tell you that Moses got commandments on Mount Sinai and yet in some parts of the Bible it is claimed he got them on Mount Horeb 1 Kings 8.9 "There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb."
Malachi 4.4 "Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments."

And that's how it is about everything from is lying ok or not, stealing, hating, adultery, divorce, nature of god character, who is ruling the world (sometimes it's Satan) and so on and on. So it is impossible to live by the Bible not only because it's frequently barbaric, but because it's contradictory.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Hey, god was all alone with nothing to communicate with for zillions and zillions of years before he created the world, probably masturbating all the while to the silence of his own glory and greatness. So cut him some slack if his communication skill is rusty.
Not falling for the whole "omnipotence" schtick, eh Anon?
I think the Quran came with very strict -with a percentage of 100%- linguistic rules, just to dominate over the versions of the Bible and the Torah.
(February 2, 2018 at 3:13 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Hey, god was all alone with nothing to communicate with for zillions and zillions of years before he created the world, probably masturbating all the while to the silence of his own glory and greatness.   So cut him some slack if his communication skill is rusty.

Alone in nothingness from eternity..until creation, and even then all he has to talk to are a bunch of primitives in the middle east?  Yup..I'd be a raving loon too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Now we know why he created Adam and Eve naked...
Well, peeper god does like to watch people pee, for moral reasons™..so.... Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!