Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguments for God in Quran.
RE: Arguments for God in Quran.
(April 2, 2018 at 5:07 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 2, 2018 at 5:05 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: No it’s YOUR burden to provide evidence, and arguments that are both valid AND sound.  You have failed thus far.  You’re the one diverting.  Why don’t you want to talk about empathy?

It's my burden to provide proof. But it's not my burden to make you comprehend it and walk you through it, every step of the way, when you do your best to avoid the direction I am leading you and run away from the conclusion.

And when you:

1. Learn what the word ‘proof’ means 

2. Actually have it

come and find me.

Why does it madden you so that I can feel empathy without help from your god?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 2, 2018 at 5:10 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(April 2, 2018 at 5:07 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: God by definition is the most important being.

Does he by definition exist too? Tongue

Only in MK's mind.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Not true, MK insists he had to argue himself into belief.  Unless MK is a base fucking liar, ofc, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 2, 2018 at 4:23 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
Quote:MysticKnight said:
The Quranic perspective is we are closer to being one soul than not, we are if we are one soul, so it's natural from that perspective to feel empathy and it's the truth.

Your book is an unevidenced claim, and so I don’t care what it says.

The book is not even saying what he claims.
Look at this verse from the book itself:

Quote:
Sura 17, The Quran:

( 13 )   And [for] every person We have imposed his fate upon his neck, and We will produce for him on the Day of Resurrection a record which he will encounter spread open.
( 14 )   [It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant."
( 15 )   Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.

We are "individuals". We are "alone". Only our deeds as individuals would be ruled. He doesn't even know what's in the book.
The Quran -and read the verse yourself- rules humanity as individuals: not group.

MK is a liar. He's a Shiite that is scared to write down his real religion under his username, and he dodges arguments like a professional class A belly dancer.

Research the book yourself if you wanna discuss it; at least.And by book I mean any book out there. That is an advice I would give to myself before people.
Oh goodness.  One fairy believer says the other fairy believer is reading it wrong.  That's never happened before!   Whatever will we do?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 2, 2018 at 5:14 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The book is not even saying what he claims.

Sura 17, The Quran:

( 13 )   And [for] every person We have imposed his fate upon his neck, and We will produce for him on the Day of Resurrection a record which he will encounter spread open.
( 14 )   [It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant."
( 15 )   Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.

No offense Atlas, but I’m not really all that motivated to keep track of which ridiculous version of this ridiculous religion you and MK subscribe to.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 2, 2018 at 5:16 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Oh goodness.  One fairy believer says the other fairy believer is reading it wrong.  That's never happened before!   Whatever will we do?

I always ask myself before that day comes about my deeds.
So you too, read the verse. I think with some honesty, yourself would be sufficient as an accountant.

In other words: humans know very well what they did and what their motives are.. So read the verse and consult yourself.

Anyways; MK is a liar: this book never talked about "group judging". It said explicitly that people are judged individually.
Meh, I don't have much to worry about in front of your muslim god.  Imma get the sex robots and rivers of liquor and errything.  

Truth is, I don't have anything to worry about with -any- of the christer gods. Maybe that's why they're not an issue in my life? Hell, there are more god concepts that I'd fit than there are ones that I wouldn;t. It's pretty much a moot point, for me. If any of these gods exist I'm on the shortlist and alot of you religious assholes are gonna get left out. My fuckin name means hammer of god. lol.
(April 2, 2018 at 5:19 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 2, 2018 at 5:14 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The book is not even saying what he claims.

Sura 17, The Quran:

No offense Atlas, but I’m not really all that motivated to keep track of which ridiculous version of this ridiculous religion you and MK subscribe to.

There is a message I try to transfer: books should be studied before it gets judged.

I'm asking you to respect the mind of the reader, and respect your own mind; LFC. That's something you owe to the world. You owe humanity something; all of us owe people to give them at least the honesty. You owe people to treat them like you want them to treat you; maybe that's one reason why I hate to lie. I hate being lied on.

You choose to discuss the Quran.
You were faced by a liar. What are you gonna do?

Bypass the lie; or say that it's a lie? it's not about demanding you or anyone else to convert, for me at least, but I am here to expose the hypocrite religious institution in general and find me a haven to talk about what I belief.

But on my side; believe me I don't really care about your deeds or even his. But I will care a lot about somebody lying. Even if the victim was the devil himself.
MysticKnight Wrote:
Khemikal Wrote:Do you possess empathy, mystic?  Do you know what anyone is talking about when they talk about empathy?

I'm not answering questions anymore. I'm going to present rest of God's proofs in Quran which are sound arguments, among them,  the value and vision/witness arguments.

You don't understand what makes an argument sound, MK. You never have. You are the least qualified person on this board to recognize whether an argument is sound or not. Until you figure it out, you're not going to make an inch of progress with your 'arguments'.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 91 6951 July 7, 2024 at 11:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 11798 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 21403 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1919 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 5874 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3396 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 51336 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 16545 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 954 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 20099 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257