Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doonesbury Trashes Evangelical Hypocrites
RE: Doonesbury Trashes Evangelical Hypocrites
And you expected anything different from HuggyBear?

Whatever, Khem. Do you even do bees? 😛
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 4, 2018 at 11:29 am)Khemikal Wrote: -and here I was hoping that it was simple confusion of terms used in masonry, lol.  That..I would understand.  Our heads are at the top..so when we see the word headstone maybe we think it's at the top, and conflate that with a capstone...as our bud here so blatantly did, even substituting the two terms for each other.

Nope...turns out there;s an elaborate fantasy complex underpinning and facilitating that.  Fuckin turtles alllllll the way down.  Wink
*emphasis mine*
Rolleyes

Here we go...

You do realize that the original language isn't english right?

רֹאשׁ

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lex...7218&t=KJV

[Image: MPfN8Un.png]
[Image: swyP4IC.png]

You were saying?

You know you take an L every time you challenge me on something, my question to you is why do you continue to do it? And I see LFC is in her usual form...
I;m pretty sure we all knew what a head was, but thanks?

Headstone of the corner, hugs.  It's actually a brilliant metaphor. I don't see why you're compelled to butcher it on behalf of pyramidiocy.

It;s the part of the rubble construction that ties two intersecting walls together and it's instrumental in the structural support of all those other rocks. You know....like our lord and savior. The passage expresses that a uniquely capable stone had been cast into the rubble, but that it would now be used to build a great and strong building. While this may sound like esoterica to the modern reader..it was common knowledge at the time of the narratives composition. Literary competency at it's finest.

You'll find alot more of that sort of imagery in magic book..constantly going on about pillars and great beams. They're not planning houses. Magic book isn't a site schematic........or a treatise on doors.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 2:33 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I;m pretty sure we all knew what a head was, but thanks?

Headstone of the corner, hugs.  It's actually a brilliant metaphor. I don't see why you're compelled to butcher it on behalf of pyramidiocy.

It;s the part of the rubble construction that ties two intersecting walls together and it's instrumental in the structural support of all those other rocks.  You know....like our lord and savior.  The passage expresses that a uniquely capable stone had been cast into the rubble, but that it would now be used to build a great and strong building.  While this may sound like esoterica to the modern reader..it was common knowledge at the time of the narratives composition.  Literary competency at it's finest.

You'll find alot more of that sort of imagery in magic book..constantly going on about pillars and great beams.  They're not planning houses.  Magic book isn't a site schematic........or a treatise on doors.
*emphasis mine*

'Head stone' not 'headstone'

Quote:Psalm 118

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Since you admit that head means 'top', why can't you figure out that verse is speaking of a 'capstone' as I put it earlier?
Okay Huggy.  You're right.  Magic book is a treatise on pyramid construction. Meanwhile...the headstone is at the bottom...even though we call it a headstone.

I know, I know, it's confusing.

Maybe you should write a letter to the editor of your bible? They got that translation all wrong. The original must have been about capstones and pyramidiocy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Okay Huggy.  You're right.  Magic book is a treatise on pyramid construction.  Meanwhile...the headstone is at the bottom...even though we call it a headstone.

I know, I know, it's confusing.

Maybe you should write a letter to the editor of your bible?  They got that translation all wrong.  The original must have been about capstones and pyramidiocy.

It's not confusing at all for those with an adequate reading comprehension level...

you seem to be the one conflating 'headstone' with 'head stone'. You do realize a space  between the words means they are separate right?

This conversation couldn't go any other way with a dude rockin a mullet.
Right, right, like I already said...it;s not a brilliant metaphor that would have seemed at once numinous and entirely grounded in common experience..it;'s a treatise on doors.

Now how do you and I go about getting magic book redacted in order to more accurately convey what it meant to say, there, and anywhere else such imagery was employed?
(May 4, 2018 at 4:07 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It's not confusing at all for those with an adequate reading comprehension level...

you seem to be the one conflating 'headstone' with 'head stone'. You do realize a space  between the words means they are separate right?

Can you explain for me the difference between "headstone" and "head stone"?

And shame on you for shaming his rocking mullet.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 4, 2018 at 6:59 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 4:07 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It's not confusing at all for those with an adequate reading comprehension level...

Can you explain for me the difference between "headstone" and "head stone"?

Headstone is a compound word which has a different meaning.

It's the same difference as for instance  "blackbird" and "black bird", one is the name of a species of bird, and the other is describing a bird that is black.

"head stone" means a stone at the head or at the top, on other words 'capstone'...

I notice how Khemikal won't admit he was wrong though...

Thinking
(May 4, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 6:59 pm)Kit Wrote: Can you explain for me the difference between "headstone" and "head stone"?

Headstone is a compound word which has a different meaning.

It's the same difference as for instance  "blackbird" and "black bird", one is the name of a species of bird, and the other is describing a bird that is black.

"head stone" means a stone at the head or at the top, on other words 'capstone'...

See that movie "blackbird"?

Bet you did.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The decline of evangelical Christians. Jehanne 48 7248 January 30, 2019 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1884 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 6490 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 3188 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  puritanical evangelical ideology loganonekenobi 7 2551 December 27, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters" Silver 170 25827 December 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Richard Carrier trashes Bart Ehrman's book on the Historical Jesus. Minimalist 37 24578 May 5, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Article: "Why Are Young People Leaving Evangelical Christianity?" Ziploc Surprise 45 20532 February 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas