Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 6:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race and IQs
RE: Race and IQs
I hate tests.

But that never stopped me from gaining a CS certificate, and actually excel at what I do.
But tests are stupid.

I interact in English with this forum members; but my ass will get kicked around a paper exam. IQ test results -and pretty much most exam results- will get seriously affected by your health, by temperature, by the environment...etc. So I wouldn't trust a test result.
Huggy74, I don't know why you think I should be able to respond to criticisms of 'The Bell Curve'. Let me remind you that I didn't write the book.

But let me ask you this: You seem to think that all races have exactly the same mean IQ. Do you have a shred of evidence supporting this hypothesis? There are numerous studies that show that Whites have higher mean IQ's than Blacks but not a single one that shows that their mean IQ's are the same.
(June 1, 2018 at 2:53 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 31, 2018 at 5:52 pm)henryp Wrote: Why are so many people taking IQ tests.  I thought they were pretty much for identifying children with developmental disabilities.  With all of the standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE) it doesn't seem like it has a point, again, outside of identifying special needs kids.

I went to a job interview once and the only thing they did was to give me an IQ test.

Many years later I was approached by a job agent about a job. I realised it was the same company so got him to ask whether they were still doing IQ tests. When he came back and said they were I told him I wouldn't bother.

Weird.  What country?
I was given a IQ test when interviewing with an American Midwest privately held manufacturing firm Nearly 10 years ago, plus a psych evaluation.

Glad I didn’t take their offer because largest part of their business is coal fired steam boilers for power plants.
The Bell Curve says that an IQ score is a better predictor of job productivity than a job interview, reference checks, or college transcript.
Bell Curve says alot of things, apparently, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2018 at 12:55 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Bell Curve says alot of things, apparently, lol.

Contrary to popular opinion, The Bell Curve isn't a book about race and IQ's. Rather, it's about the cognitive stratification of American society. There's only one chapter devoted to racial differences in IQ.
-and?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2018 at 1:24 pm)Khemikal Wrote: -and?

And so it obviously says a lot of things that relate to the importance of intelligence or IQ in society.
I;ve yet to see you elucidate any of those things, whatever they are. Perhaps focus on those, and ditch the racist claptrap?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thought on "race". Gawdzilla Sama 17 1969 August 11, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The future for the human race lifesagift 12 3497 September 10, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: lifesagift