Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Tattoos
RE: [split] Tattoos

K, are those little abstract designs or are they something specific? I can't tell.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Well, it's three "feathers" of each wing, because I just happen to like that number (you know, it's a prime number and all). The black and white theme explain my split personality (don't worry, I went to therapy and got it all sorted out, I'm quite whole nowadays) and the wings represent air, which is the element considered for the Aquarius, and I'm born 13.2, so Fanny's your aunt and Rob's your uncle. Fairly simple design, I would say Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Oh, I forgot the most important one.. The spiral symbolizes the circle of life, that nothing is actually ending or beginning. But yeah, that's the secret to my tattoo Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I thought the spiral symbolises the Journey of Life rather than the circle??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The spiral is the circle that comes around but changes, everything repeating but never quite the same.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 8, 2011 at 10:30 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: The spiral is the circle that comes around but changes, everything repeating but never quite the same.

Hence my view that it symbolises the journey rather than the entirety
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I like both your ideas about what a spiral means Smile

(September 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: My work in progress:

[Image: IMG_1070%252520c.jpg]

I'm not a fan of asian symbols but that is still a really good looking tattoo. Some artist is doing you a solid. Thumb up
[Image: Evolution.png]

I'm not either, as a general rule. All of my tattoos have great personal significance, that particular design was a perfect fit.

The artist that I use is very talented and I consider myself fortunate to have him.

He's working in my next design, I gave him a general idea of what I wanted, and the concept art he drew up blew me away. I'm going to have to wait to get it done, unfortunately.
I think that "Tattoos are a personal thing to mark a right of passage[sic]" is lost on many people. Glad to hear that your Tats have meaning for you I-Blas...I see and hear of so many people getting "All Tribal" and getting a tat just for the sake of having a tat... Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 8434 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1511 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Banana split. Gawdzilla Sama 7 834 July 18, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21536 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14467 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 29754 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 11186 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  [split] Warm Greetings - The Not Welcome-y Stuff BrianSoddingBoru4 74 8148 May 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Tattoos Joods 20 2725 July 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  [split] FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015 Rev. Rye 173 41110 February 3, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Violet