Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mostly bizarre.
RE: Mostly bizarre.
(September 25, 2018 at 5:17 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Lil Rik believes if a 9 year old child is raped and murdered it is because of some crime commited in a previous life. The ultimate victim blaming!

Look chimp.  Lightbulb
Let us make a deal.
What about if I tell God that the debt should be paid later on in life?

What about when people are 30 or 40 years old rather than 9 years old?
Would that make you happy?

Oh, by the way.
Suppose you run a bank.
Would you like if people refuse to pay back the money that you lent them?
Would you let them go with the money?
Or what about if someone rape and kill your daughter?
Would you really do nothing about?
Really?  Wacky
At work.

Hello!

Been reading through the thread.

I feel I must enquire.

In regards to the poster 'Little Rik'?

English is not their native language?

Much cheers! Smile
(September 29, 2018 at 11:02 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: In regards to the poster 'Little Rik'?

If I'm not mistaken, he's from Italy. I believe he's acknowledge once or twice that English is not his first language. His first language would be 'bullshit'.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
At work.

(September 29, 2018 at 11:56 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(September 29, 2018 at 11:02 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: In regards to the poster 'Little Rik'?

If I'm not mistaken, he's from Italy. I believe he's acknowledge once or twice that English is not his first language. His first language would be 'bullshit'.

Ah! Okay, cool. Good to know.

Well, for communicating in a second language they don't seem to be doing to badly.

Heck, English is my first language and I can fek it up quite regularly/easily! Big Grin
(September 29, 2018 at 12:11 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

(September 29, 2018 at 11:56 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, he's from Italy.  I believe he's acknowledge once or twice that English is not his first language.  His first language would be 'bullshit'.

Ah! Okay, cool. Good to know.

Well, for communicating in a second language they don't seem to be doing to badly.

Heck, English is my first language and I can fek it up quite regularly/easily!      Big Grin

English is my language of last resort.  Arrgghh
(September 29, 2018 at 9:29 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 11:40 am)unfogged Wrote: No, my car dying had nothing to do with the point.  As far as we can determine our consciousness "runs" on our physical brains in much the same way that programs run on computer hardware.  Shut down the computer and the program is no longer running.  Shut down the brain and our consciousness is no longer running.  We have zero evidence that the consciousness is preserved in any way so there is no rational reason to believe that it is.  All anybody has ever offered is wishful thinking.

Wrong again unfog.

There is zero evidence that the consciousness die when the body die and there is zero evidence that the two are inseparable for ever.

In order to believe that consciousness survives the death of the body we'd need evidence for that happening or, at the very least, evidence for a mechanism that would make it possible. Since we have none, and we have plenty of evidence that consciousness is tied to the brain there is only one reasonable conclusion at this point.

Quote:As you are connected to your vehicle when you drive you also are free to terminate this connection when you wish.

Well, there's your problem. I am in physical contact with my vehicle but I am not connected to it. Please demonstrate the "you" that is separate from your physical brian and show that it can be disconnected and remain intact. I'll wait.

Quote:After million years that evolution take us from lower form of life to what we are now a sudden stop and death of our evolution before we reach the goal of life does not make any sense.
Human evolution can not possibly be the end of total evolution.
There is still a lot to learn and a lot to do to reach peace of mind and total happiness.
Only fools think that what we have achieve so far is enough.  Lightbulb

Wow. An utter lack of understanding about evolution as well. Evolution has no goal.

Quote:
Quote:Spirituality is a meaningless term until you can provide a consistent definition for it and show that it exists.  Every person seems to define it differently and therefore no useful discussions can be had because there is no common ground.  As far as I can tell, nobody who uses the word has any clue what it is they are talking about.

I am not really interested what other people think of spirituality.
To me the word simply means to unearth or bring to light what lies in the subconscious mind.

Fine, but that's not what others seem to mean when they say it. Calling that spirituality just muddies the conversation. If I hadn't asked for your definition I never would have guessed that that is what you mean.

Quote:You yourself must have noticed that after thinking and thinking in many cases the solution to your problem pop up.
Where you think it pop up from other than from your subconscious mind.

Yes, but based on subconscious evaluation of the evidence I already have. The fact that the conscious mind does not have access to the details of the operation of the subconscious doesn't make what is happening any less a natural function of a working brain.

Quote:Spirituality is an intelligent way to allow the coming of these solution to emerge a lot lot easier than struggle all the time beside solutions also means peace of mind and bliss.  Lightbulb  

Deepak would be proud; that's gibberish.

Quote:Before to learn you need a system of knowledge unless you are a cave man that discover the fire by pure chance.
Yoga is a knowledge that allow you to learn.  Lightbulb

You need evidence and the ability to reason; that result in knowledge. "Yoga is a knowledge" is just more gibberish. I gather that English is not your first language so that may be part of the problem but what you are saying simply does not make any sense.

Quote:
Quote:You do not appear to understand your audience at all.  Skeptics like myself look for solutions that are testable and demonstrably real.  Atheism is the conclusion I have reached based on the investigation of claims for various gods.  When you can define whatever it is you are talking about and provide evidence for it then there may be a reason for me to change my mind.  Until then your claims are indistinguishable from delusions and I will continue to disregard them as useless.

Yours is the way of the cave man that after ages and ages discover the fire by pure chance.

I on the other hand put my trust in a real teacher that has been there and done that in order to arrive to the goal of life.
In this way I benefit from his knowledge so I don't have to struggle to find my way to the finish line of total evolution.   Skunk

I tried, but I think it is quite apparent that we can not have any meaningful conversation. If you want to try explaining what you mean you need to do so in terms of things that are real. I don't deal in deepities.
(September 29, 2018 at 10:37 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 5:17 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Lil Rik believes if a 9 year old child is raped and murdered it is because of some crime commited in a previous life. The ultimate victim blaming!

Look chimp.  Lightbulb
Let us make a deal.
What about if I tell God that the debt should be paid later on in life?

What about when people are 30 or 40 years old rather than 9 years old?
Would that make you happy?

Oh, by the way.
Suppose you run a bank.
Would you like if people refuse to pay back the money that you lent them?
Would you let them go with the money?
Or what about if someone rape and kill your daughter?
Would you really do nothing about?
Really?  Wacky

I think rape victims are innocent victims. You are one sick motherfucker!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

If I had a penny for every shitty analogy...
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 30, 2018 at 1:53 am)robvalue Wrote: If I had a penny for every shitty analogy...

...you'd never need another penny.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 26, 2018 at 6:30 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 6:45 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Uhm...... I'm sorry I don't quite parse that reply.

Could you, perhaps, offer an example or an instance?

Cheers.

1)These guys keep on claiming that science back them up.
2)They say..........when we die is all over.
3)They see a body so they come to the conclusion that not only the body is gone but the consciousness as well is gone.
4)All science knows is that the body is gone and that's it.
5)Physical science is limited in studying physical phenomenal.
6)It just can not go over the border and understand consciousness however these guys come to the wrong conclusion that it can without providing a rag of evidence.
Here is where I challenge them.
i challenge them to provide evidence.
In turn they laugh at me thinking that they are very smart and clever.
In reality they only fool themselves and procrastinate their total ignorance.  Think

Hello again! Big Grin

Congrats on getting a good grasp of English.

Sorry for adding 'Points'/'Numbers' to your reply but I find it's easier to keep track of what I'm replying too. Blush

1) Okay... Well, I'll just have to let people keep replying for themselves on this matter.
2) *Nods* From my understanding (Limited) of our reality I too would agree that once a person (The whole body, kit and ka-boodle) stops working then, yes, there is "No more of that perosn" in any way, shape or form.
3) *Nods* I agree. The body/mind is inseperable from the conciousness. You can't have a consciousness without a body/mind. HOWever, you CAn have a body/mind without a consciousness.
4) Uhm.. I disagree with your statement/opinionhere as per my previous replies.
5) *Nods* Given a lay-man's use of the term/word 'Physical' I can agree with this comment. Though I think (Am completely guessing as to your thoughts) when you type' Physical' you mean "Everything" that IS existence, right? From rocks, oceans and sky/atmosphere to Suns/stars, space, sotrms, electricity, photons etc?
6) I... don't see any 'Boarder'? We can talk to people when they are awake. We can MRI people when they are asleep. We can (And I would add the caveate of 'Indirectly') interact with each other's 'Consciousness' via such things.

I hope my replies make sense. Smile

I would posit a question to yourself Little Rik.

What happens to people's 'Consciousness' when they have suffered sever brain/grey matter trauma/injury?
Why do people who've suffered trauma to their physical brain ALSO suffer reduction/damage to their coscniousness?

Much cheers.

Not at work.