Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unhinged mob
RE: An unhinged mob
(October 15, 2018 at 1:18 am)alpha male Wrote:
(October 14, 2018 at 6:22 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: Almost everything (if not everything) that was said in the OP video was taken out of context. Corey Booker saying, "You need to get up in your congressman's face" was obviously meant to mean that constituents need to make their political desires known to their representatives in a proactive and explicit way. Do you think Booker meant that literally?

Very possibly, considering the activities that have been going on. But you go to the most ambiguous one. Auntie Maxie was clearly advocating such behavior, don't you think?

I don't know. Probably not. If these people really wanted to make their case concerning leftist mobs, they would have presented everything in a clear context and made specific claims about who was inciting mobs and how. Instead they went with "scary montage."

People say forceful things when giving speeches, even if they are running for governor or something innocuous like that: "We have to fight!" or "We have had enough!" "It's time to take back what's ours!"... all kinds of things. Unless proper context is supplied, or specific claims of inciting mobs are made and backed up with evidence, I'm not going to take any of it seriously.
Accept we know he didn't mean that if one actually watches the full context

(October 15, 2018 at 6:26 am)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(October 15, 2018 at 1:18 am)alpha male Wrote: Very possibly, considering the activities that have been going on. But you go to the most ambiguous one. Auntie Maxie was clearly advocating such behavior, don't you think?

I don't know. Probably not. If these people really wanted to make their case concerning leftist mobs, they would have presented everything in a clear context and made specific claims about who was inciting mobs and how. Instead they went with "scary montage."

People say forceful things when giving speeches, even if they are running for governor or something innocuous like that: "We have to fight!" or "We have had enough!" "It's time to take back what's ours!"... all kinds of things. Unless proper context is supplied, or specific claims of inciting mobs are made and backed up with evidence, I'm not going to take any of it seriously.
And you shouldn't take it seriously especially in this age were video editing is so common .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

[Image: 4-E2-C597-F-494-D-4-C92-A103-D1658642-B217.jpg]

Oops, ninja’d by kit!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 15, 2018 at 6:26 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I don't know. Probably not. If these people really wanted to make their case concerning leftist mobs, they would have presented everything in a clear context and made specific claims about who was inciting mobs and how. Instead they went with "scary montage."

It's a political ad, not a debate on PBS.
(October 15, 2018 at 7:41 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: 4-E2-C597-F-494-D-4-C92-A103-D1658642-B217.jpg]

Oops, ninja’d by kit!

There doesn't seem to be any conflict here, that I see.

Quote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)
Snowflake as a slang term involves the derogatory usage of the word snowflake to refer to a person. Its meaning may include a person perceived by others to have an inflated sense of uniqueness or an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or to be over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake

Snowflakes are known for throwing a tantrum, when they don't get their way (much like a child). There is nothing preventing this from becoming a mob of people.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I see that instead of trumpeting all the "wins" of the Dumbfuck admin, beta eunuch is trolling anybody who's not a neo-nazi.

Shows how far the US right has fallen that they are now defending the honour of a serial and current failure.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
The moron twins continue  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Leftists are an unhinged mob....Get back with me when they start driving vehicles into crowds of peaceful republican protesters.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 13, 2018 at 7:34 am)alpha male Wrote: It says nothing about the right being oppressed. It says that the left is violent. There's a difference.

Then maybe you should gave gone with a pic in your OP of the left being violent instead of just yelling.

(October 15, 2018 at 8:07 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Snowflakes are known for throwing a tantrum, when they don't get their way (much like a child).  There is nothing preventing this from becoming a mob of people.

Wow, your pearls must be under enormous stress....

And in America we call peaceful protests...wait for it...peaceful protests. Not tantrums. That's the kind of thing people say when they wish other people would let you have your way in peace.

There is nothing preventing you from becoming a mass murderer, but I'll due you the courtesy of not jumping the gun.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 15, 2018 at 9:41 am)Chad32 Wrote: Leftists are an unhinged mob....Get back with me when they start driving vehicles into crowds of peaceful republican protesters.

Are you thinking (saying) that is common thing? That you can’t have a mob, unless this oddly specific thing happens?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump Hate Legit or Mob Control? jessieban 37 6410 June 21, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Mob Mentality and Electoral College eliwhitneyIII 8 819 May 11, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Crooked Donald - Mob Ties Exposed Minimalist 17 2536 September 1, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus