Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help?
RE: IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help?
(October 28, 2018 at 11:53 am)MysticKnight Wrote: OP, go back to faith.

More talking at people.  Yay.  Way to respect OP’s thoughts and feelings. 🤨
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 28, 2018 at 2:40 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 11:53 am)MysticKnight Wrote: OP, go back to faith.

More talking at people.  Yay.  Way to respect OP’s thoughts and feelings. 🤨

You wish respect to be one way street.  You show no compassion at all to my attempts in the past to have proven God nor my view that God's book and his guides are better suited at doing the job of guiding to God and proving his way, then me, nor see good in my efforts. Instead, you with some others, constantly, are trying to character assassinate me.

The truth is I once respected Atheists, even more then Theists, and you can see my Deist days if you don't believe by clicking on old threads.  I don't anymore, and for good reasons.
(October 28, 2018 at 2:43 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 2:40 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: More talking at people.  Yay.  Way to respect OP’s thoughts and feelings. 🤨

You wish respect to be one way street.  You show no compassion at all to my attempts in the past to have proven God nor my view that God's book and his guides are better suited at doing the job of guiding to God and proving his way, then me, nor see good in my efforts. Instead, you with some others, constantly, are trying to character assassinate me.

The truth is I once respected Atheists, even more then Theists, and you can see my Deist days if you don't believe by clicking on old threads.  I don't anymore, and for good reasons.

Oh, please.  It isn’t character assassination to explain why your arguments are fallacious.  You’re just butthurt that we haven’t fallen over in awe of allah, despite your bad logic.  Compassion is irrelevant to argumentation. Also, to say that you are talking at people is not character assassination.  It’s simply the truth.  If you can’t handle your arguments being taken down then either get new arguments, or go away.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(October 28, 2018 at 2:55 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 2:43 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: You wish respect to be one way street.  You show no compassion at all to my attempts in the past to have proven God nor my view that God's book and his guides are better suited at doing the job of guiding to God and proving his way, then me, nor see good in my efforts. Instead, you with some others, constantly, are trying to character assassinate me.

Oh, please.  It isn’t character assassination to explain why your arguments are fallacious.  You’re just butthurt that we haven’t fallen over in awe of allah, despite your bad logic.  Compassion is irrelevant to argumentation. Also, to say that you are talking at people is not character assassination.  It’s simply the truth.  If you can’t handle your arguments being taken down then either get new arguments, or go away.
So many of my arguments have stood, but, then you guys just resort to mockery and character assignation, if you could have done away with my argument, you would not have needed to resort to those methods.
(October 28, 2018 at 2:56 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 2:55 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Oh, please.  It isn’t character assassination to explain why your arguments are fallacious.  You’re just butthurt that we haven’t fallen over in awe of allah, despite your bad logic.  Compassion is irrelevant to argumentation. Also, to say that you are talking at people is not character assassination.  It’s simply the truth.  If you can’t handle your arguments being taken down then either get new arguments, or go away.
So many of my arguments have stood, but, then you guys just resort to mockery and character assignation, if you could have done away with my argument, you would not have needed to resort to those methods.

How have you determined that your arguments have “stood”?

(October 28, 2018 at 3:00 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 2:56 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: So many of my arguments have stood, but, then you guys just resort to mockery and character assignation, if you could have done away with my argument, you would not have needed to resort to those methods.

How have you determined that your arguments have “stood”?

Through reason.
MK...step away from the keyboard for a while.

You have littered this whole forum with your crap in the last few hours.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 28, 2018 at 3:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 3:00 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: How have you determined that your arguments have “stood”?

Through reason.

No.  By refusing to hear that your premises are unsupported.  In other words, wishful thinking.

(October 28, 2018 at 6:35 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 3:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Through reason.

No.  By refusing to hear that your premises are unsupported.  In other words, wishful thinking.

We can discuss any argument on pm or add me on WhatsApp and we can talk. I am not going to argue about arguments for God's existence anymore with everyone on these forums.
(October 28, 2018 at 8:30 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 6:35 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: No.  By refusing to hear that your premises are unsupported.  In other words, wishful thinking.

We can discuss any argument on pm or add me on WhatsApp and we can talk. I am not going to argue about arguments for God's existence anymore with everyone on these forums.

Then quit fucking preaching about it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9425 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Husband Deconverted!! mlmooney89 39 4684 August 3, 2019 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5185 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4319 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite? shadowninjax 93 35305 November 20, 2013 at 11:08 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Study says coming out as atheist can help reduce prejudice towards atheists TaraJo 20 8593 February 2, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: festive1