Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone here deconverted because of AF?
Has anyone here deconverted because of AF?
Anyone here ever renounce your faith and embrace atheism through the work of this board?
RE: Has anyone here deconverted because of AF?
I haven't seen it here, but it did happen on TTA. A long-time member deconverted and finally saw through religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
We don’t call it “deconversion”.

We call it “gender transition surgery”, or a “sex change operation.

And no one at AF has undergone it...

...voluntarily.

🤫
Dying to live, living to die.
I thought Aractus told us he no longer believes.
And then he stopped posting soon after. Dunno

Didn't he have Vincent Price's black/white avatar. It looked like the old bloke who was working for Darth Vader if you ask me.
The one they reanimated for the New SW.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 18, 2018 at 11:50 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: We don’t call it “deconversion”.

We call it “gender transition surgery”, or a “sex change operation.

And no one at AF has undergone it...

...voluntarily.

🤫

I'm transgender, and so, that one kind of hits home with me.
I've read posts from a couple people who have claimed that the internet, and especially atheist message boards, are what helped them kick the crutch, but I don't remember any of them being here... Except for one troll/chuckle-fuck who tried to pose as a newly de-converted atheist, failed miserably, recanted his de-conversion and was banned shortly thereafter. Don't remember the clown's user name though.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 19, 2018 at 12:01 am)ignoramus Wrote: I thought Aractus told us he no longer believes.
And then he stopped posting soon after. Dunno

Didn't he have Vincent Price's black/white avatar. It looked like the old bloke who was working for Darth Vader if you ask me.
The one they reanimated for the New SW.

Oh yeah. He was supposedly an atheist by the time I signed up. He may have originally joined the site as a theist.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
He sure had some good stouches with Min and Khem.
They couldn't have all been on the same side Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
We do have some unshakable believers on this forum and that is a good thing because this forum is like a boot camp for atheists to learn to talk atheism and we can always count on few theist people never to lose their faith so we can all practice on them.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Oh yes, I was quite sane before I joined this forum and I'll never go back, not even on my deathbed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 8888 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Husband Deconverted!! mlmooney89 39 4483 August 3, 2019 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help? Dragonfly 222 27134 December 18, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 4958 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Anyone here a Category 7? Jehanne 159 13103 October 9, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3434 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Anyone here seen the documentary Jesus Camp? NuclearEnergy 27 3476 April 9, 2017 at 7:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  "There is a god because e = mc²" bheath 58 10190 February 24, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: bheath
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 13938 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Brian37 14 3826 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty