Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
[quote pid='1857600' dateline='1543090098']
Quote:Deepak Chopra is a doctor and was the Chief of Staff at New England Memorial Hospital. He gave up his very successful career to study and teach eastern philosophies and he has spent years researching and studying consciousness, long before science even became interested.

So you're admitting his woo is not science. List 5 journal articles he has published and had peer-reviewed in Neuro-science.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 24, 2018 at 3:55 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 24, 2018 at 3:37 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: How do microtubules receive anything? You have no capacity to produce or maintain entangled particles.

Everena: Oh really? Prove it.
OK, you have no anatomy even vaguely resembling what you need to produce or maintain entangled particles. It's like saying you have a skeleton made of neutronium. Prove it? OK, you have neither the ability to produce nor maintain neutronium.
You're the one claiming that Orch-OR is even a hypothesis. You show how the necessary entangled particles could be produced or maintained.

(November 24, 2018 at 4:14 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: [quote pid='1857600' dateline='1543090098']
Quote:Deepak Chopra is a doctor and was the Chief of Staff at New England Memorial Hospital. He gave up his very successful career to study and teach eastern philosophies and he has spent years researching and studying consciousness, long before science even became interested.

So you're admitting his woo is not science. List 5 journal articles he has published and had peer-reviewed in Neuro-science.

[/quote]
Well, there was the JAMA article in 1991 on Ayurvedic medicine and TM where he and his co-authors failed to disclose their financial interests.
Quote:You wish that were true. I care only what God thinks of me and I do wish the best for all of you and hope you gain a better understanding of our purpose here, but I do not care what you think of me. Get over yourself.

No. YOU prove by your constant presence here that you care a very great deal what is thought of you, and ALL your tortured attempts and fake references prove you are lying.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

(November 24, 2018 at 4:08 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: Then why do both the brain and DNA look like intricate information storage and processing arrays? Sorry, but you really are a computer, just a messy, organic, biological one.

I totally disagree and even if that were true, guess what? A conscious intelligent creator is necessary for a computer to exist and to function in any meaningful way. So I guess you do believe God then.
(November 24, 2018 at 4:28 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 24, 2018 at 4:08 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: Then why do both the brain and DNA look like intricate information storage and processing arrays? Sorry, but you really are a computer, just a messy, organic, biological one.

I totally disagree

I'll see your unfounded opinion and raise you the entire field of cognitive neuroscience. Your brain is a computer. We build computers in our image.

Quote:and even if that were true, guess what? A conscious intelligent creator is necessary for a computer to exist and to function in any meaningful way. So I guess you do believe God then.

Untrue. Evolution and emergent behaviours can account for the human brain without ever having to invoke deities.
(November 24, 2018 at 4:15 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: OK, you have no anatomy even vaguely resembling what you need to produce or maintain entangled particles. It's like saying you have a skeleton made of neutronium. Prove it? OK, you have neither the ability to produce nor maintain neutronium.
You're the one claiming that Orch-OR is even a hypothesis. You show how the necessary entangled particles could be produced or maintained.

Orch-Or is scientific theory that has been partially proven and corroborated whether any of you atheists like it or not. This may help you understand, since you obviously don't.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...4513001188

You also need to provide cited sources to back up your argument.

(November 24, 2018 at 4:34 pm)Paleophyte Wrote:
(November 24, 2018 at 4:28 pm)Everena Wrote: I totally disagree. But if your argument is that we are, computers require an intelligent and conscious creator to exist and to even do anything. So that means you believe in God.

I'll see your unfounded opinion and raise you the entire field of cognitive neuroscience. Your brain is a computer. We build computers in our image.

Everena: That is a total load of crap. Computers cannot do anything even remotely close to what we can do. They do not have consciousness or emotions or a will to live and survive or a love life, etc etc etc etc etc. You are just wrong.

Quote:and even if that were true, guess what? A conscious intelligent creator is necessary for a computer to exist and to function in any meaningful way. So I guess you do believe God then.

Untrue. Evolution and emergent behaviours can account for the human brain without ever having to invoke deities.

Everena: False. Evolution is a process not a first cause.
Quote:Everena: False. Evolution is a process not a first cause.

What a totally idiotic thing to say. Did anyone say it was ?
First Cause is irrelevant, (since you are SO stupid, you wouldn't even know how stupid that was), but Evolution produced all sorts of new adaptations...
like flight, and millions of forms of life. 

Before pushing your knee-jerk stupid retort buttons, please engage your brain.

BTW, sweetie, NO scientific theory is ever "proven".
Your pet woo is not "partially proven" ... that's not how science works.
"Proof" does not exist in any of the steps of the scientific method.
https://www.nsta.org/publications/news/s...x?id=52402

Just more evidence of what an ignoramus / fraud you actually are.

Quantum mechanics seems to say cause and effect are not fundamental to reality but are an emergent property of large systems.  Quantum mechanics seems to suggest the very notion that first cause could actually be a sensible concept at deep levels of reality is flawed.
(November 24, 2018 at 4:00 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(November 24, 2018 at 3:55 pm)Everena Wrote: God did not create any contradiction. Einstein was not God.

*Nods* Yup, righty-o. Moving along now.

Agreeing with your assertion that your Overmind can do anything it wants to. Litterally anything at all its whims desire.

Next respons, please. Smile

Not at work.
Response to what?
(November 24, 2018 at 4:49 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:Everena: False. Evolution is a process not a first cause.

What a totally idiotic thing to say. Did anyone say it was ?
First Cause is irrelevant, (since you are SO stupid, you wouldn't even know how stupid that was), but Evolution produced all sorts of new adaptations...
like flight, and millions of forms of life. 

Before pushing your knee-jerk stupid retort buttons, please engage your brain.

BTW, sweetie, NO scientific theory is ever "proven".
Your pet woo is not "partially proven" ... that's not how science works.
"Proof" does not exist in any of the steps of the scientific method.
https://www.nsta.org/publications/news/s...x?id=52402

Just more evidence of what an ignoramus / fraud you actually are.

Beyond a certain point, pointing out that there are yet more evidences for the sky being blue or everena being a conceited fraud becomes an indictment against human society for not being well organized enough to give people with some minimum amount of power of observation and deduction more useful and valuable things to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1153 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1518 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 8019 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8264 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4206 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2320 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1550 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2092 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5330 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2064 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey