Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#MeTooFar
RE: #MeTooFar
Yall have had this song stuck in my head all day.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think this is just part of social evolution.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
It's too bad, really. I think it paints women as weak.
(December 3, 2018 at 5:29 pm)Shell B Wrote: It's too bad, really. I think it paints women as weak.

I think it just makes people think about this sort of cultural thing. No more, no less. 
I also think that instead of being silent, this sort of cultural awareness gives women a louder voice in the long run. So basically the opposite of weak. Is it weak to be offended by something?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(December 3, 2018 at 5:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Not always. It depends on how drunk you are, and the situation, but I still think it's pretty obvious. Most of the time, the consent is at least implied before the drinking. However, if you approach some fall-down drunk chick on the street and talk her into your van, it's clearer.

I'm not sure. I'd have to check with a lawyer, but I suspect I'm on solid ground on this. Not that I doubt you, but I do. Do you have a source I can refer to?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 3, 2018 at 4:23 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, but drunk reflects a compromised ability to consent.

I agree, I have been seduced by women I wouldn't normally bed, whilst intoxicated.

(December 3, 2018 at 6:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 5:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Not always. It depends on how drunk you are, and the situation, but I still think it's pretty obvious. Most of the time, the consent is at least implied before the drinking. However, if you approach some fall-down drunk chick on the street and talk her into your van, it's clearer.

I'm not sure. I'd have to check with a lawyer, but I suspect I'm on solid ground on this. Not that I doubt you, but I do. Do you have a source I can refer to?

I’m speaking generally, but I’m positive fucking someone who is drunk and consents is not rape.
(December 3, 2018 at 7:23 pm)Little lunch Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 4:23 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, but drunk reflects a compromised ability to consent.

I agree, I have been seduced by women I wouldn't normally bed, whilst intoxicated.

That doesn’t mean you didn’t consent. It means you’re u willingly consumed a substance that lowers your inhibitions to enjoy that effect.
(December 3, 2018 at 7:26 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 6:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I'm not sure.  I'd have to check with a lawyer, but I suspect I'm on solid ground on this.  Not that I doubt you, but I do.  Do you have a source I can refer to?

I’m speaking generally, but I’m positive fucking someone who is drunk and consents is not rape.

Quote:Myth: If the assailant, victim, or both are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the victim is free to consent to sex and the assailant therefore cannot be charged with rape.
Fact: When intoxicated, an individual cannot legally consent to sexual activity. Forcing sex on someone who is too drunk to give consent is still Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Third Degree. Rape is a serious offense, and people who commit crimes while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not considered free from guilt.

Myths and Facts About Sexual Assault and Consent

Quote:Specifically related to the issues of intoxication, it should be noted that if a person is unconscious or their judgment is impaired by alcohol or drugs, legally they are unable to give consent.

Men Against Abuse Now | Alcohol and Consent
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:It's too bad, really. I think it paints women as weak.
No it doesn't their is nothing weak about it nor is it weak when it happens to men
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #MeTooFar Poll tackattack 43 2670 December 17, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4