Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 8:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#MeTooFar
RE: #MeTooFar
Quote:Notice all of that says “forcing.” Of course you can’t force someone to have sex with you, but drunk people are, without a doubt, able to have sex without bring rapists. Do you really think every time drunk people have sex, they’re raping each other?
If we go by this definition then yes and i point out you keep assert this .

(December 3, 2018 at 9:16 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Tiz, you seem to be using a bit of theist binary thinking on this subject.  There is such a thing as nuance, you know. If I tell my husband, “hey, I’m feeling frisky.  Pick up a bottle of wine on the way home.  I want to get pleasantly drunk and have sex with you,” and then I do exactly that...that is not rape. If I come to AF the next morning and say, “dude, Chris and I had the BEST, hottest drunken sex last night,” you don’t get to tell me that that is rape, no matter what I say or feel.  That’s absurd.  That is absolutely robbing a woman of her autonomy.  You’re basically saying, “your thoughts and feelings about what you did with your body are irrelevant.”
Too bad i never said that  i said 

Quote:If we go by this definition (which may or may not be true

Plus as my examples above point out some would argue that if you had zero memory of it .it does not count as rape ether. So were does it end.

Next i point out you clearly consented and planned it before hand 

And lastly i never said "your thoughts and feelings about what you did with your body are irrelevant.” But i do question if that's the case
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 3, 2018 at 9:19 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:Notice all of that says “forcing.” Of course you can’t force someone to have sex with you, but drunk people are, without a doubt, able to have sex without bring rapists. Do you really think every time drunk people have sex, they’re raping each other?
If we go by this definition then yes and i point out you keep assert this .

(December 3, 2018 at 9:16 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Tiz, you seem to be using a bit of theist binary thinking on this subject.  There is such a thing as nuance, you know. If I tell my husband, “hey, I’m feeling frisky.  Pick up a bottle of wine on the way home.  I want to get pleasantly drunk and have sex with you,” and then I do exactly that...that is not rape. If I come to AF the next morning and say, “dude, Chris and I had the BEST, hottest drunken sex last night,” you don’t get to tell me that that is rape, no matter what I say or feel.  That’s absurd.  That is absolutely robbing a woman of her autonomy.  You’re basically saying, “your thoughts and feelings about what you did with your body are irrelevant.”

Quote:If we go by this definition (which may or may not be true

Plus as my examples above point out some would argue that if you had zero memory of it .it does not count as rape ether. So were does it end.

And lastly i never said "your thoughts and feelings about what you did with your body are irrelevant.” But i do question if that's the case

Did you not just agree above that anytime drunk people have sex they are raping each other?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(December 3, 2018 at 9:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 9:19 pm)Amarok Wrote: If we go by this definition then yes and i point out you keep assert this .

Did you not just agree above that anytime drunk people have sex they are raping each other?

I said if we go by the definition ( the same one i said may or may not be true ) then yes
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 3, 2018 at 8:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: Notice all of that says “forcing.” Of course you can’t force someone to have sex with you, but drunk people are, without a doubt, able to have sex without bring rapists. Do you really think every time drunk people have sex, they’re raping each other?

That's not all it said Shell. Don't be dishonest.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 3, 2018 at 9:45 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 9:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Did you not just agree above that anytime drunk people have sex they are raping each other?

I said if we go by the definition ( the same one i said may or may not be true ) then yes

What definition?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(December 3, 2018 at 9:57 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 9:45 pm)Amarok Wrote: I said if we go by the definition ( the same one i said may or may not be true ) then yes

What definition?
That drunk equals rape . A definition i did not say was either true or false.

Inuit Proverb

(December 3, 2018 at 9:50 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 8:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: Notice all of that says “forcing.” Of course you can’t force someone to have sex with you, but drunk people are, without a doubt, able to have sex without bring rapists. Do you really think every time drunk people have sex, they’re raping each other?

That's not all it said Shell. Don't be dishonest.

Where did I say it’s all it said? Don’t accuse me of being dishonest. You haven’t produced the laws that supposedly make it illegal to fuck a drunk person. I’m asking you if you think it’s rape to fuck a drunk person. You haven’t answered.
I never said I preconsented every time I’ve had drunk sex. You’re basically telling me I’ve been raped in spite of the reality. Again, this is why I’d ont have this conversation with you, Tiz.
(December 3, 2018 at 8:29 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 8:27 pm)Shell B Wrote: So you’re saying every significant other I’ve had has raped me. You’re telling me what MY experience is. We’ve had this conversation before and it resulted in you low-key saying Tibs raped me, so I’m not willing to have it with you again.
If we go by this definition (which may or may not be true ) then yes if you don't like that conclusion then it's not my problem . And what your experience is counter other experiences so it's just subjective opinion .

There is no definition that says drunk=rape unless you’re a fucking psychopath.

Why the fuck do you keep calling people I’ve had sex with rapists every time we talk about rape? You’re ridiculous.
Quote:There is no definition that says drunk=rape unless you’re a fucking psychopath. 
There is at least there is enough of one for some people to be outraged about it . 

Quote:Why the fuck do you keep calling people I’ve had sex with rapists every time we talk about rape? You’re ridiculous.
I have not called people you have had sex with rapists . I said once again if we define drunk = rape as in having sex with a drunk person is rape . Then they would be . However i have not said if it was true or not. Name calling does not change they above .

(December 3, 2018 at 10:49 pm)Shell B Wrote: I never said I preconsented every time I’ve had drunk sex. You’re basically telling me I’ve been raped in spite of the reality. Again, this is why I’d ont have this conversation with you, Tiz.
I never said you said that i was responding to Ladies scenario and pointing out that it included consent before getting drunk thus it not analogous to the idea that having sex with a drunk person is rape .  I'm starting to get the impression we can't have this conversation because it always ends with you accusing me of saying you were raped . That makes it kind of hard .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #MeTooFar Poll tackattack 43 2716 December 17, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4