Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 4:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Care
RE: I Don't Care
(April 3, 2019 at 5:37 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Bog standard alt right troll.  Has been from day one, will be until he finally gets tired of pretense.  

Must be getting close, with threads like these.

If he isn't the same geezer that was just banned I'll show my arse outside the local cop shop.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(April 3, 2019 at 5:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 5:37 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Bog standard alt right troll.  Has been from day one, will be until he finally gets tired of pretense.  

Must be getting close, with threads like these.

It's under review.

Boru

I'll save you the trouble. Bye, bye.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(April 3, 2019 at 5:14 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Now THAT would be an example of word salad. What am I supposed to demonstrate? That all women have fragile egos, or that I can demonstrate it without being a misogynist? Also, you argue like a fucking theist.

Go talk to a woman. Listen to what she says. Then tell her that you think that what she said was idiotic. Count the seconds until she tells you that you seem to have a problem with women.

Lol... Wtf are you talking about?

I can't even begin to tally the number of times a man has criticized or insulted me and I did NOT attribute it to "Gender Wars".
There are simply too many instances to count.

For me to to think that someone has a problem with women, they have to say or do something to make me believe that.
You know, like.....constantly engaging in broadbrushing half the population, or something like that.
(April 3, 2019 at 6:06 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 5:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's under review.

Boru

I'll save you the trouble. Bye, bye.

Believe me, it's no trouble.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
A pleasure, really.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Really, it’s not too surprising, given that people seem to have less of a reason to give a shit about the norms of the larger culture now than at any other point in history. Social media has made it amazingly easy to find people with your frustrations (or anyone’s, really) so you can radicalize each other with terrifying ease, and, eventually, when you go far enough that the larger society starts to criticize you for it, it becomes easier and easier each time to just dismiss it as “Haters Gonna Hate.” The way I see it, it’s more or less the case for damn near any ideology, whether it’s people whose jackasstic thought processes lead to them embracing bigotry, or those people who become so fixated on fighting it (usually using the same emotional appeals that their opponents reject wholesale, hoping it somehow works this time) that they lash out against the slightest micro aggression. To be fair, one side has objectively done a lot more damage, but the fact is unavoidable that both sides’ fighting only feeds each other’s rage and the cultural landscape turns into a massive ouroborous of enmity, and nothing positive ends up getting done.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Trouble, ofc, is that being super nice to assholes wont actually change that. Just normalize it. It wasn't actually through mutual enmity that these nuts came to be the way they are and feel confident in it. Ironically, it was apathy and the misplaced hope that there was anything that anyone could do to make them otherwise. If only we met them on some mutually amenable ground!

Nah, not taking any trips to crazytown.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 3, 2019 at 6:48 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Trouble, ofc, is that being super nice to assholes wont actually change that. Just normalize it. It wasn't actually through mutual enmity that these nuts came to be the way they are and feel confident in it. Ironically, it was apathy and the misplaced hope that there was anything that anyone could do to make them otherwise. If only we met them on some mutually amenable ground!

Nah, not taking any trips to crazytown.

And meanwhile, as people are arguing, their friends are grooming each other, inuring them into their own norms in an environment they consider nurturing, even if it’s clearly toxic to anyone outside their own little bubble. That sort of shit helps, too.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 3, 2019 at 5:52 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 5:13 pm)Thena323 Wrote:  

Folks like you are willing to align themselves with people they resent and despise in order to expand their own privileges. Once "others" don't perform to expectations by not duly acknowledging that the interests and goals surrounding your identity should be given top billing at ALL times, and refuse to sit down and shut up at your command, you're ready to take your toys and go home. 

I haven't commanded anyone to sit down and shut up. I haven't aligned myself with anyone to expand my privileges. As LadyforCamus put it, that's a rich fantasy life you've got going on there. I have suggested that maybe all of the name calling is a bit counterproductive. It's really the intense over reaction to reasonable messages like this that have made me stop caring.

Bullshit. I've read post after post of yours whining about how minorities and women need to STFU because their stupid "identity politics" are ruining everything if they make so much as peep or single criticism. 
Then you blame them for everything. "ARGHH.....THIS IS THE REASON WE DON'T HAVE SINGLE-PAYER, PEOPLE!" Mad

Lol

Quote: 
As for my vote, it's not going to Trump. It has never been pledged to the Dems exclusively. But it's not going to Trump. It is actually very interesting that you do believe that all of the name calling might shift away from your side though. It's like you know that it's hurting you, but you just want to do it anyway. That's really interesting.

Oh, honey...You still don't get it, do you?
I've never been under the illusion that we're on the same side.

We're not, we never have been, and we never will be.

Idgaf who you vote for, as I mentioned to you previously in a past Politics thread. I've already made it known that I'm quite certain that Trump will win another four years. 
The siphoning off of bigots who are little late to the party in terms of figuring out who and what they are and where they'll eventually align themselves in the Two-Party Scam is not something I could even pretend to care about. I only brought up your lousy little one vote, because you seem think that it gives you leverage in which to control people and demand their silence.

I'm here to tell you that it does not.
@Rev. Rye
Sure.  Personally, I think that the ones we end up getting here are lost causes, by and large.  The only way to hold back the tide is to show people what they're getting into.  That this is a contemporary and well researched grooming strategy.   One whose success relies, very much, on the groomers ability to occlude and deny the plain fact of their ideology. Repackaging old hate as a new and improved hate free response to some other guys hypocrisy.

None of it makes any sense, but it breaks the relational calculus we've used to identify them. I wear my hate for these assholes right out on my sleeve..which only makes them even angrier..since it's the one thing they're not allowed to do, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the universe care? Logisch 24 4648 July 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Is it wrong to care about children? soman-rush 9 5729 August 9, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Kayenneh