Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Over the top
RE: Over the top
(August 25, 2019 at 10:48 pm)Athene Wrote:
(August 25, 2019 at 10:41 pm)Belaqua Wrote: But I have never done this tactic, or advocated it. I do not think we should look at only the aesthetics. 

Please please try not to believe your fantasies. Look at what I say, please, and accept that what I say is what I mean.

Lol...I have no fantasies that involve you, Belaqua. I promise.

I've arrived at my opinion of you based on nothing more than the shit you've posted.

But I have never, and would never, dismiss all that is wretched, immoral, and truly reprehensible about the Bible and command people to just focus on the aesthetics. And it is bizarre that you think I have done that.
(August 25, 2019 at 11:18 pm)Belaqua Wrote: But I have never, and would never, dismiss all that is wretched, immoral, and truly reprehensible about the Bible and command people to just focus on the aesthetics. And it is bizarre that you think I have done that.

But you are dismissing all that is wretched, immoral, and truly reprehensible about the God

[Image: cancer-God-kid-4-fps-Russian-cannon.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 25, 2019 at 11:18 pm)Belaqua Wrote:
(August 25, 2019 at 10:48 pm)Athene Wrote: Lol...I have no fantasies that involve you, Belaqua. I promise.

I've arrived at my opinion of you based on nothing more than the shit you've posted.

But I have never, and would never, dismiss all that is wretched, immoral, and truly reprehensible about the Bible and command people to just focus on the aesthetics. And it is bizarre that you think I have done that.

Oh, but you have--in your apparent rush see that atheists subscribe to some of sort of silly metaphorical Christianity at a bare minimum, in order to prevent them from free falling into self-indulgence, disorder, and *gasp*..."rudeness". Whether you're an atheist or not, it's pretty clear to me that that's what you're doing.

If you're disturbed by the thought of a growing number of folks roaming about without the Bible as a fucking babysitter, you should just be upfront about it and attempt to engage in honest discussion. Shouting down legitimate criticisms with "Nuh-uh! No! You LIE. It's so beautiful!" just makes you look like a lying, manipulative ass.
(August 26, 2019 at 1:25 am)Athene Wrote:
(August 25, 2019 at 11:18 pm)Belaqua Wrote: But I have never, and would never, dismiss all that is wretched, immoral, and truly reprehensible about the Bible and command people to just focus on the aesthetics. And it is bizarre that you think I have done that.

Oh, but you have

You cannot quote back to me any sentence I have ever written with that message. 

Look, I have never knowingly typed an untrue sentence on this forum. While every single thing you have said about me on this thread is false. So I'm not sure what your goal is, but it isn't truth.
(August 26, 2019 at 4:25 am)Belaqua Wrote:
(August 26, 2019 at 1:25 am)Athene Wrote: Oh, but you have

You cannot quote back to me any sentence I have ever written with that message. 

Look, I have never knowingly typed an untrue sentence on this forum. While every single thing you have said about me on this thread is false. So I'm not sure what your goal is, but it isn't truth.

Man, oh man. You lie just as easily as you breathe, eh? And project too.
That's unfortunate.

You've been doing just that in this thread. Folks why tell you and you "No, no..That's not what it it means. You're wrong. That was meant to protect us." or "Yeah, but what about the love? Can't you see the love?" Lol!

It obvious that you think the religion is needed to serve as a model for structure and authority. And collectivism.
You know--To keep folks civilized and what not.
(August 26, 2019 at 6:31 am)Athene Wrote: Folks why tell you and you "No, no..That's not what it it means. You're wrong. That was meant to protect us." or "Yeah, but what about the love? Can't you see the love?"

But I've never said that or anything like it. If I have, please quote it back to me. You can't. 

If you use quotation marks, don't make up shit that I never said. It's dishonest.

Quote: Lol!

It obvious that you think the religion is needed to serve as a model for structure and authority. And collectivism.

It's obvious to you, but not to me. Because that's not what I think.

You have made up a fictional version of me, which has no relation to what I really think. It's interesting to see, because it's always odd to see such disconnection from reality. But it's also tedious, so you must be going now.
(August 26, 2019 at 6:39 am)Belaqua Wrote:
(August 26, 2019 at 6:31 am)Athene Wrote: Folks why tell you and you "No, no..That's not what it it means. You're wrong. That was meant to protect us." or "Yeah, but what about the love? Can't you see the love?"

But I've never said that or anything like it. If I have, please quote it back to me. You can't. 

If you use quotation marks, don't make up shit that I never said. It's dishonest.

Oh, my! Note the potty mouth on this one! I figured someone as high-minded as you would find such language...unsavory.

Btw, it's called paraphrasing, Sir. 
And that has INDEED been the gist of several of your responses throughout this thread and others.

Quote: Lol!

Quote:It's obvious to you, but not to me. Because that's not what I think.

You have made up a fictional version of me, which has no relation to what I really think. It's interesting to see, because it's always odd to see such disconnection from reality. But it's also tedious, so you must be going now.

LOL...Sure, Jan.
I made all of this up just to oppress and persecute you.

Let's roll with that, shall we? Wink

With that, I shall leave you to your thread. Enjoy your day.
(August 26, 2019 at 6:31 am)Athene Wrote:
(August 26, 2019 at 4:25 am)Belaqua Wrote: You cannot quote back to me any sentence I have ever written with that message. 

Man, oh man. You lie just as easily as you breathe, eh? And project too.
That's unfortunate.

You've been doing just that in this thread. Folks why tell you and you "No, no..That's not what it it means. You're wrong. That was meant to protect us." or "Yeah, but what about the love? Can't you see the love?" Lol!

This sort of stuff seems to highlight the rampant groupthink in forums like this. As much as atheists like to repeat how inclusive it is, how all one has to do be an atheist is lack a belief in Gods, there seems to be sort of orthodoxy, that tends to tar and feather atheists who don't toe that particular line. In particular atheists more concerned with the questions of what's true, then what gets the most brownie points, high fives, and esteem from their fellow unbelievers. 

Belaqua seems to be one of these least offensive posters on the internet, he doesn't make it a point to attack people, he questions the merits of certain claims and idea. But clearly he's not part of the orthodoxy here, and seems to illicit other unbelievers annoyance and fury as a result. 

Belaqua is a honest of a poster as any one could ever hope for here, to frame him as a liar, dishonest etc... speaks more about the poster, than it does about himself.
For what it’s worth @Belaqua , I like you and I think you make earnest, intelligent, and valuable contributions to the forum. I’m glad you’re here with us.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 27, 2019 at 11:18 am)Acrobat Wrote: Belaqua is a honest of a poster as any one could ever hope for here, to frame him as a liar, dishonest etc... speaks more about the poster, than it does about himself.
Still, he did paste some lies by other theists and when confronted with truth he ignored it and just pretended like it didn't happen.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12959 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Top 10 Reasons Morality and Piety are Separate DeistPaladin 6 4068 March 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences Justtristo 128 43360 September 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Top Ten Creationist Arguments (Technically Twenty). chasm 7 2468 August 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Top five books Spencer 19 7964 August 2, 2010 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Spencer
  The Top Ten Least Religious States Eilonnwy 10 5440 February 11, 2009 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  Top 10 People You Would Invite To The Forum puglover 16 5842 January 2, 2009 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: infidel666