Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
I recently encounter this excellent blog post by John Loftus which describes the top seven ways Christianity has been debunked by the sciences. It can come in handy when you can say to people that science has disproved the bible and why.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.co...unked.html
undefined
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
What nonsense.

This blog does not disprove the existence of God, it disproves erroneous beliefs held be some religious people (and practically everyone at that time). It also only challenges the Abrahamic God.

Like most Atheists you claim God is dead but focus only on the Bible. You must learn to distinguish between Atheism and Anti-Christian sentiment.

Read op again Jesuslovesu. He doesnt claim it disproved god, just debunks parts of Christianity. And no WE atheists do not claim god is dead.

We don't believe there has ever been a god. Big difference.
(September 28, 2011 at 7:03 am)Jesuslovesyou Wrote: What nonsense.

This blog does not disprove the existence of God, it disproves erroneous beliefs held be some religious people (and practically everyone at that time). It also only challenges the Abrahamic God.

Like most Atheists you claim God is dead but focus only on the Bible. You must learn to distinguish between Atheism and Anti-Christian sentiment.

>Top Seven Ways Exclamation Christianity Exclamation is Debunked By the Sciences
(September 28, 2011 at 7:03 am)Jesuslovesyou Wrote: What nonsense.

You have no argument please leave Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Then you accept you have no evidence to disprove the existence of God(s) in general? That it's quite possible for God(s) to exist?

You like to pick on Christians don't you. I suppose picking on someone your own size is no fun...
Disprove the existence of Thor or Zeus. Then we'll talk.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(September 28, 2011 at 8:16 am)Jesuslovesyou Wrote: Then you accept you have no evidence to disprove the existence of God(s) in general? That it's quite possible for God(s) to exist?

You like to pick on Christians don't you. I suppose picking on someone your own size is no fun...

I accept that YOU have no evidence for your deity of preference. I also accept that you are ill informed as to just what an atheist is and how an atheist behaves.

I accept that it is statistically probable that atheists have a higher morality, better lifestyle and are much more healthier than any theist on the planet. The fact that we are NOT high on our own Drugs is another issue I have contention with theists of your measure. I accept that you are here because of some dare from your theist web site or that you are here to preach to "us godless atheists" because of some inferiority complex you have.

Please Fuck offBig Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 28, 2011 at 8:47 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Disprove the existence of Thor or Zeus. Then we'll talk.

I couldn't possibly do that. In fact it's quite probable Zeus is sitting on mount Olympus watching us right now.

(September 28, 2011 at 8:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I accept that it is statistically probable that atheists have a higher morality, better lifestyle and are much more healthier than any theist on the planet. The fact that we are NOT high on our own Drugs is another issue I have contention with theists of your measure. I accept that you are here because of some dare from your theist web site or that you are here to preach to "us godless atheists" because of some inferiority complex you have.

Please Fuck offBig Grin

Your babble terrifies me, are you sane? Please stop ending posts with crude verbal attacks, it's inappropriate.

There is a link between Atheism and Nihilism. A society with no clear moral code is a very unpleasant society indeed.

(September 28, 2011 at 9:05 am)Jesuslovesyou Wrote:
(September 28, 2011 at 8:47 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Disprove the existence of Thor or Zeus. Then we'll talk.

I couldn't possibly do that. In fact it's quite probable Zeus is sitting on mount Olympus watching us right now.

(September 28, 2011 at 8:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I accept that it is statistically probable that atheists have a higher morality, better lifestyle and are much more healthier than any theist on the planet. The fact that we are NOT high on our own Drugs is another issue I have contention with theists of your measure. I accept that you are here because of some dare from your theist web site or that you are here to preach to "us godless atheists" because of some inferiority complex you have.

Please Fuck offBig Grin

Your babble terrifies me, are you sane? Please stop ending posts with crude verbal attacks, it's inappropriate.

There is a link between Atheism and Nihilism. A society with no clear moral code is a very unpleasant society indeed.

But Xtianity is failing and has no moral code...children are being abused and men are with out honour and women are nothing more than slaves and chattel....this is your world JLY..it is NOT the atheist world ...read the web site I have posted ..then come back to us and debate and discuss..till then

Please Fuck off Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1037 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 866 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 12750 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Amending my Good and Kindly ways The Valkyrie 27 5073 September 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm sick of hearing about the "Five Ways"! Asmodee 46 7716 January 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Free Will -- the "materialist string" pulls both ways. Jehanne 28 6456 April 4, 2016 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12585 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ways to introduce people to Atheism? Veritas 24 5101 December 24, 2015 at 1:20 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
Information Two Years Later,Indian Skeptic Who Debunked a “Miracle” is Still in Exile in Finland MountainsWinAgain 2 1300 June 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How many ways can I fuck up my life? Gambit 11 4373 August 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Gambit