Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 3:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannabis
RE: Cannabis
(May 29, 2009 at 7:06 pm)obsessed_philosopher Wrote: @ rjh
"Religious Views: Jenova's Witness - Church of the One Winged Angel"
OMFG I love you!! 8D

aww, thanks! I love you too! =D
Hoi Zaeme.
(May 30, 2009 at 7:41 am)rjh Wrote:
OMFG I love you!! 8D

Haha, how cuteTongue
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Lol Smile

EvF
The last I had some weed. 1984. I lost my short term memory.

I was watching a film I'd seen only a couple of days ago and I had the knowledge that I knew exactly what was going to happen next but had lost the actual memory of it. Freaky!!!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(May 30, 2009 at 9:12 am)Darwinian Wrote: The last I had some weed. 1984. I lost my short term memory.

I was watching a film I'd seen only a couple of days ago and I had the knowledge that I knew exactly what was going to happen next but had lost the actual memory of it. Freaky!!!

That's not uncommon. It happens. :3
(May 30, 2009 at 7:41 am)rjh Wrote:
OMFG I love you!! 8D

xD I've got a friend with a card that says that--you know, like a business card. LOL
Never again though..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(May 30, 2009 at 12:36 pm)obsessed_philosopher Wrote:
(May 30, 2009 at 9:12 am)Darwinian Wrote: The last I had some weed. 1984. I lost my short term memory.

That's not uncommon. It happens. :3

Have you tried it, obsessed_philosopher?
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
A few notes about the points raised in this thread:

Marijuana as a gateway drug:
The statistics definitely show that users of hard drugs have used marijuana previously. What if you apply this same logic to cigarettes? To alcohol? To fast food? It's easy to see that this theory hinges on the cum hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy.

Driving under the influence:
Drinking and driving is illegal. Driving dangerously without intoxication is illegal. Of course driving while intoxicated would be illegal if marijuana wasn't. People still drink and drive despite extremely strict laws prohibiting it, this isn't an issue any legislation will change.

Drug Prohibition in general:
I can't for the life of me understand how someone can justify the legalization of marijuana, alcohol and tobacco products and then turn around and try to say "harder" drugs shouldn't also be legalized. It's painfully obvious that drug prohibition doesn't work. Heroin is currently illegal and there are millions of people using it on a regular basis. In addition to prohibition not stopping people from using it, it's also promoting illegal trade and a violent drug cartels. Whiskey could be considered a dangerous addictive substance, but you don't see street-dealers selling whiskey and having turf wars over Jack Daniels. You don't see oppressive regimes profitting in 3rd world countries from whiskey plantations.

Prohibition doesn't work.
- Meatball
Quote:Whiskey could be considered a dangerous addictive substance, but you don't see street-dealers selling whiskey and having turf wars over Jack Daniels. You don't see oppressive regimes profitting in 3rd world countries from whiskey plantations.

Funny.....
We saw exactly that back when Alcohol was illegal.....

Turf Wars, dealers, crime lords, illegal smuggling, etc. etc. etc.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
"Funny.....
We saw exactly that back when Alcohol was illegal.....

Turf Wars, dealers, crime lords, illegal smuggling, etc. etc. etc. "

Touche

I've advocated the legalisition of drugs which are currently illegal for nearly 40 years. It's not so much that it's hard to justify ,it's that the criminalisation of drugs is irrational and counter productive.(not to mention recent)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical Cannabis clears first hurdle in Kentucky Ryantology 5 1280 March 3, 2014 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Assimilate
  Awsome pro cannabis legalisation activism! Something completely different 5 1991 July 15, 2013 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Medicinal use of cannabis legalised in France! Big Blue Sky 7 3439 June 8, 2013 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope