Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Interview Assignment
RE: Interview Assignment
I’m really an undercover nun seeking out potential choirboys for cardinal Pell (when he gets out of prison).
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm)Student Wrote: I was raised primarily Mormon, but eventually I converted to Christianity. 
If you get a minute, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to why Mormonism is not Christianity.

I'm guessing it might partly have to do with Mormons not believing in a triune God but in a literal family kind of Godhead.
..cant help it....

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm)Student Wrote: I was raised primarily Mormon, but eventually I converted to Christianity. 
If you get a minute, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to why Mormonism is not Christianity.

The reason Mormons are not Christian, even though, they claim to be is because some of their beliefs directly contradict those taught by Christianity. There are many differences but the biggest difference between the two is that Mormonism teaches a work-based theology your good works get you into heaven. Their Heaven is divided into three categories: one for the best of the best Mormons (very few people go here), one for good people and Christians, and the other for everyone else. The top-tier is the best to live in, medium-tier the second best, and third-tier slightly better than living on Earth. (It has been quite a while since I learned this stuff not being apart of that faith but this is the general idea.) Christianity is faith-based, meaning that there is nothing you can do to earn your way to heaven, except have faith in what Jesus did.

(November 14, 2019 at 5:44 pm)Grandizer Wrote: I'm guessing it might partly have to do with Mormons not believing in a triune God but in a literal family kind of Godhead.

Also, this is another reason, as well as, Jesus being created.
So...no further information as to exactly how many parking tickets you have to have before I need to start watching my back, then?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 6:03 pm)Student Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm)Belacqua Wrote: If you get a minute, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to why Mormonism is not Christianity.
There are many differences but the biggest difference between the two is that Mormonism teaches a work-based theology your good works get you into heaven.

This is a similar sort of charge Evangelical Protestants raise against Catholics. But the end of the day, unless you're the "just believe in Jesus and that's it" kind of Christian, it's really all semantics.
-and even that's a convenient lie. They say it, but they don't mean it.

Submit or die.

That's the fundamental truth of christer ideology. I think that they should at least have the juevos to do it themselves, if they're going to believe it, privately or publicly. They won't, just like our new missionary friend wont tell me how many parking tickets he'd torture and kill me over....but there must be some number.

Low rent bitches.
(November 14, 2019 at 12:21 am)Student Wrote: Hi, I am a Christian and I'm doing an assignment for one of my college classes. The assignment involves asking several different individuals a list of questions:
  • How would you describe your own religious background and church involvement?
  • How would you describe God?
  • What do you think is important in life?
  • What do you think it takes to be straightened out (or made right) with God?
  • How would you describe Jesus?
  • What are your thoughts about churches today?
If you have any questions for me I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability, just list them at the end of your response to these questions.
How would you describe your own religious background and church involvement? Extensive (PK)
How would you describe God? Looks like Jesus in a mirror
What do you think is important in life? Life
What do you think it takes to be straightened out (or made right) with God? Word
How would you describe Jesus? God
What are your thoughts about churches today? Clueless
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
(November 14, 2019 at 6:03 pm)Student Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm)Belacqua Wrote: If you get a minute, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to why Mormonism is not Christianity.

The reason Mormons are not Christian, even though, they claim to be is because some of their beliefs directly contradict those taught by Christianity. There are many differences but the biggest difference between the two is that Mormonism teaches a work-based theology your good works get you into heaven. Their Heaven is divided into three categories: one for the best of the best Mormons (very few people go here), one for good people and Christians, and the other for everyone else. The top-tier is the best to live in, medium-tier the second best, and third-tier slightly better than living on Earth. (It has been quite a while since I learned this stuff not being apart of that faith but this is the general idea.) Christianity is faith-based, meaning that there is nothing you can do to earn your way to heaven, except have faith in what Jesus did.

(November 14, 2019 at 5:44 pm)Grandizer Wrote: I'm guessing it might partly have to do with Mormons not believing in a triune God but in a literal family kind of Godhead.

Also, this is another reason, as well as, Jesus being created.

Thank you. I didn't know those things. 

There have been some pretty wild offshoots from Christianity, and I guess it's a debate whether they are variants or something else entirely. Mormonism sounds pretty different, that's for sure.
Well, it does contain a "jesus christ"...and a "god" who's jesus' dad...right...? Same superstition, different packaging. Even coke tried new coke. Mormonism is just an expression of the nature of the religious economy. When they come up with non derivative ad copy..I'll stop calling them christians. It's not hard, ask the scientologists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 10229 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Interview with a Jovo Fidel_Castronaut 98 11478 June 14, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3960 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Interview Drich 93 22507 October 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Tnmusicman