Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 9:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is eating hunted meat ethical?
RE: Is eating hunted meat ethical?
Quote: If you get struck in the head by lightning or shot in the head by a gun and die 'instantly' it still hurts a great deal for a split second.

How can you possibly know that?  I've been knocked unconscious more than once and didn't feel anything until the waking up bit.  I don't imagine that a blow hard enough to kill would be any different.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I've sliced myself to the bone a few times before and felt nothing, except extremely weak in the legs and light in the head.

(December 2, 2019 at 6:48 pm)Little lunch Wrote: I've sliced myself to the bone a few times before and felt nothing, except extremely weak in the legs and light in the head.

You know when you catch the skin by surprise because it forgets to bleed, for a little while and that's why you can see the bone. :-)

(December 2, 2019 at 6:48 pm)Little lunch Wrote: I've sliced myself to the bone a few times before and felt nothing, except extremely weak in the legs and light in the head.

You know when you catch the skin by surprise because it forgets to bleed, for a little while and that's why you can see the bone. :-)

wow, that's weird.
I didn't even know you could do that. Cool.

wow, that's weird.
I didn't even know you could do that. Cool.

It's like looking back at yourself through two mirrors. :-)

I think it's a fair question. Ideally, I would rather eat all of my meat from free-range, organic farms or from hunters... but who has the money for that? If anyone knows of any cheaper ways to get ethically sourced meat, I'd appreciate the information. I've also heard the Beyond Meat tastes pretty good.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
It can be education for a young person to actually kill an animal. You usually get one of two results. Kid gets sick, or kid gets that look. Either way you learn something about the kid.
I am an omnivore, with carnivorous inclinations. I offer up no apologies. I do not feel any shame, guilt, or remorse for my place in the vicious circle of life. Human beings have a marvelous propensity to mask and disguise nature's own merciless savagery behind a backdrop of feigned pleasantries.  Don't get me wrong, I do not stand for the gross mistreatment of any creature. However, death is not pretty, and often in nature, it is violent. Life is brutal, cold, and unforgiving, and that's just the way it is. I did not establish this system, I am merely a part of it.
Do vegans do oral sex?

Or do they use a meat substitute that has the taste, texture and consistency...?
Dying to live, living to die.
Well, love butter is an animal product. So, probably not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picking your nose and eating it yes/no Duty 7 495 March 5, 2022 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Duty
  Vegans & meat grown in a lab Rahn127 51 3180 November 7, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Dr H