Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Atheist Dogma
RE: Atheist Dogma
Do you believe in and kind of god?

Atheist = no
Theist = Yes

Nothing more can be said of a person if you know only these designations atheist or theist just describes the answer to one question.

It's like, "Do you like cheese?"

Yes

Oh well then you must have all manner of dogma related to this totally binary question!

As a liker of cheese I can tell everything about your political make up and how you like to spend your time.
There could be a cheese out there that I like. It's just hasn't spoken to me yet, and it's not worth my time to go looking for it.
Cheese is where its at!
Oh great. Another Cheese is freak.
Have you accepted cheeses into your heart?

Cheeses saves!
Praise Cheeses!
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

I think we might be derailing this "serious" thread...
(April 14, 2020 at 12:22 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I think we might be derailing this "serious" thread...

I have trouble with the serious tag being followed by 'Atheist Dogma'.

It was off the rails from the start.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

The serious tag can be abused by lunatics.
Late to the party...lol.

I strongly doubt that children are born with a position regarding the proper relationship between faith and governance.  

Been an atheist for as long as I can remember.  I didn't need to be argued into it, or out of anything else.  Having found myself in this position for most of the last four decades... I assume that the two or three years I can't remember aren't different in that regard.  

In contrast, my positions on secularism and anti-theism are relatively new and have been changing and will likely continue to change.  

None of these three things necessitate any of the others.  Rational people can and do disagree.  None of these things are propositions or principles or a set of principles handed down by an authority and alleged to be incontrovertibly true.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One more dogma to add to the rest. Little Rik 102 24621 August 30, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism sswhateverlove 315 51535 September 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist