Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more dogma to add to the rest.
One more dogma to add to the rest.
This is really a sad story for the atheist cause.
Atheists that suppose to be the most open mind people around show once again that they are as bad as those religious fanatics that take a guess as a golden truth and therefore creating a dogma.
In the past few weeks some atheists said that the peak of evolution or the ultimate in evolution is being a human.
When I did asked to show the evidence someone reply with a direct swearing to me.

I really can not see any difference between a religious fanatic that only believe in creation or that there is the hell and an atheist that go around saying that the peak of evolution or that the ultimate in evolution is being a human.
None of whatsoever.

NDEs already show that being a human is not the peak of existence beside to understand that concept you don't need a big brain or even the NDEs.
Just look around and see how it is difficult to find peace of mind and permanent happiness.
How on earth can a human being that hasn't yet overcome his-her own personal problem can say that he or she is at the top of the evolution cycle?
It would be like to say that a vehicle that go from point A to point B has reached point B before point B has been reached.
How on earth can someone be so sure to have reached the peak of evolution well before he-she hasn't sort out his-her own problems.
Absurd.  Banging Head On Desk
RE: One more dogma to add to the rest.
I don't have a cause.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 22, 2017 at 8:37 am)Cyberman Wrote: I don't have a cause.

Gee, I didn't know that a clear statement like to say that a human is the ultimate in evolution is not building a cause but of course I may well be wrong.  Shy
Who says that humans are the 'ultimate in evolution'? That's something you'd say if you had a piss-poor understanding of what evolution is.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I don't say that humans are the ultimate in evolution and I still don't have a cause.

Of course you are wrong.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 22, 2017 at 8:23 am)Little Rik Wrote: In the past few weeks some atheists said that the peak of evolution or the ultimate in evolution is being a human.

Those were obviously stupid atheists who don't understand evolution then. But that's what you have us for: smart atheists who understand evolution!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

There is no peak of evolution. There's just how well a species fits its environments. Some species can get stuck in an evolutionary dead end, as with the peacock. There is also the red queen effect where previous adaptations get forgotten only to be rediscovered later on, as with predator and prey adopting new strategies.
(August 22, 2017 at 8:51 am)Cyberman Wrote: I don't say that humans are the ultimate in evolution and I still don't have a cause.

Of course you are wrong.

Oh, I see.

So this comment below mean something else isn't it?

We are the ultimate in human evolution. We are what your species will become. We are the perfect survivors.
Also horny.

(August 22, 2017 at 8:56 am)Mathilda Wrote: There is no peak of evolution. There's just how well a species fits its environments. Some species can get stuck in an evolutionary dead end, as with the peacock. There is also the red queen effect where previous adaptations get forgotten only to be rediscovered later on, as with predator and prey adopting new strategies.

How do you know that .......There is no peak of evolution.........
Have you got any evidence to back your statement?  Blush
That's not dogma. It's just some atheists not understanding evolution. Humans are not the peak of evolutionary growth. We're not any higher or more evolved than any other animal. Go get in a fight wit a gorilla with only what you can make with your bare hands, and see how that turns out.

Atheists have no dogma. There is no holy book that we go to that tells us how to be a true atheist. We can be smart, and dumb. Open minded, and close minded. We can be everything under the sun, with the only caveat that we believe in one less god that the typical theist on this forum believes.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 22, 2017 at 8:57 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 8:56 am)Mathilda Wrote: There is no peak of evolution. There's just how well a species fits its environments. Some species can get stuck in an evolutionary dead end, as with the peacock. There is also the red queen effect where previous adaptations get forgotten only to be rediscovered later on, as with predator and prey adopting new strategies.

How do you know that .......There is no peak of evolution.........
Have you got any evidence to back your statement?  Blush

There simply is no concept of hierarchy or an ascension to a higher state of being in the theory of evolution, no teleology. Only branches of species who evolve or go extinct according the the environment *at that particular time*. That's why the idea that we are the pinnacle of evolution is nonsense.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2680 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Serious] Atheist Dogma Prof.Lunaphiles 296 20913 April 23, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5339 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover? ReptilianPeon 7 2346 November 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism sswhateverlove 315 44500 September 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  One Small Step For Life, One Giant Leap For Understanding LivingNumbers6.626 6 3391 July 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  One final attempt to get one over on you. Whateverist 25 6174 March 1, 2014 at 10:53 pm
  I would like to speak one on one with an informed atheist. Arbitraryusername 16 4567 November 7, 2013 at 7:17 pm