Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 5:14 am

Poll: war
This poll is closed.
I support it.
65.00%
26 65.00%
I oppose it.
35.00%
14 35.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War
RE: War
(October 24, 2011 at 2:48 pm)bozo Wrote: A question for those who vote in support of war, what kind of war would you personally be prepared to participate in and be prepared to die in?

This is THE worst reason for war.....

Quote:And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods..."
Thomas Babbington Macauley.

If I have to die it will be to protect my loved ones and the land they live in. Not for fake gods or people long gone.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(October 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(October 24, 2011 at 3:29 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Oh, sorry, how foolish of me. No sarcasm was intended, but it was still my fault. I merely wanted to ensure that everything I was posting was okay with you.
Quit the sarcastic tone and it will be.

Quote:Shall I change my vote from "I oppose it" to "I support it" on this thread?

Yeah may as well. It doesn't really fucking mean anything anyway does it?

Well, its not happening. you should be well aware by now of my sarcastic tone. Nobody is forcing you to chat with me, or to even respond to my posts.

So, I will make a deal with you.

You have a much better attitude with me when you post to me, and I will drop the sarcasm.

deal?
(October 25, 2011 at 12:58 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Well, its not happening. you should be well aware by now of my sarcastic tone. Nobody is forcing you to chat with me, or to even respond to my posts.

So, I will make a deal with you.

You have a much better attitude with me when you post to me, and I will drop the sarcasm.

deal?

Me? Change my attitude? HA. Get your head out your damn ass and look in the mirror you sarcastic bumfuck! Wink
(October 22, 2011 at 9:30 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(October 22, 2011 at 9:25 am)Napoleon Wrote: It's a bad excuse but there is truth to it.

Sure...I mean, what would humanity ever do if we didnt have land mines or thumb screws?

I understand your sarcasm rev, but don't gripe at people when they respond like jackasses to you.
Exactly. Acting like a douchenozzle won't keep too many interested in a dialogue.
Trying to update my sig ...
(October 25, 2011 at 8:43 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Exactly. Acting like a douchenozzle won't keep too many interested in a dialogue.

..and I suppose you were acting like a true stand up gentleman the entire time that did nothing wrong.
You've already made up your mind and retreated to childishness, so, as Nap says, what is the point of trying to have a rational conversation with you? You define unreason when, upon being confronted by an opposing viewpoint, you simply play silly and then switch a topic from that which had serious merit to a mockery such as "best uniforms."
Trying to update my sig ...
As far as what kind of war. Whichever one I get paid to engage in. That was enough for me, no sense in denying the obvious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
A "douchenozzle"?Jerry
One of ya'll just need to declare war. Smile
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Attack the argument, not each other. You only get one warning from me, ladies. One and a half pages of mud slinging is sufficient.
(October 25, 2011 at 9:20 pm)Epimethean Wrote: You've already made up your mind and retreated to childishness, so, as Nap says, what is the point of trying to have a rational conversation with you? You define unreason when, upon being confronted by an opposing viewpoint, you simply play silly and then switch a topic from that which had serious merit to a mockery such as "best uniforms."

my past posts say otherwise. You, on the otherhand, spent time trying to tell me how I should post. What I should post, and what I should not. I never did any such thing to you, and have been nothing but nice to you.

speak of childish, last I checked you were the one resorting to name calling...not me.

Now, as far as "any war that i would fight in", I would have to say I would not fight in any war. I will have nothing to do with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 531 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3800 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 976 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 1014 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1182 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3665 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3616 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6650 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
  Start a war, save your Presidency? Jehanne 10 1937 May 12, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Torture in The Middle East: memories from Syria's war. WinterHold 0 368 April 22, 2018 at 4:17 am