Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Lives Don't Exist
RE: Blue Lives Don't Exist
(August 25, 2020 at 9:51 am)Eleven Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 9:49 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Confirmation bias much?

After I used the confirmation bias to trust that your cousins are ignorant as fuck? Lately, I'm questioning whether you're just like them.
Well, you certainly are. Unmoveable mind meet irrational attitude.
(August 25, 2020 at 10:36 am)Eleven Wrote: If I am to do your homework for you, how will that white privilege ever dissipate?

Excuse me.

I was differing to your claimed expertise of the statistics involved. Why should I provide any statistics - if you claim to already possess them? It would certainly be more civil and forthcoming of you to provide your information you base your bias from -rather than having the senseless arguing of any numbers I present as being contrary to yours.

Or - you never looked at the numbers. You just heard someone in the mob say it was so....

Again - how many black men are shot (or otherwise killed) each year?

It seems a pretty basic baseline that you should know right off the top of your head.
(August 25, 2020 at 10:20 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 10:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Who suggested harsh words? I’m not implying that the cops should have done nothing. Taser him again. Pepper spray him in the face. Beat him senseless with those clubs they all carry. You and your buddy wrestle him to the ground and cuff him hand and foot.

Why resort to shooting him seven times just because 1) he didn’t listen and 2) a taser shot didn’t work? 

Boru
You seem to be reminded of a couple of facts.

1. We were not witnesses to this event. We saw a carefully selected bit of video showing the gore.

2. Being in one of these situations is very different than forming an opinion about it at leasure. You have lots of time to think about a small bit of information. The cop had to process everything that happened and make a decision in real time.

3. I don't know if this was a justified shooting. Nor do you. Claiming you KNOW what happened here simply puts your bias in sharp relief.

(August 25, 2020 at 10:14 am)Eleven Wrote: Indeed, seven shots to the back is overkill. Had he been white, they'd have kept their weapons holstered and followed the dude to his vehicle.
This assumption is based on what?
Bias?

And yet you defend the cops by sarcastically suggesting that he was ‘reaching for a box of puppies.’ Since - as you rightly say - we don’t have all the details, maybe he was reaching for his ID. Maybe he was leaning in to calm is his kids. Maybe he was reaching for a gun.

Why is it that you’re allowed to assume the best about the cops based on little evidence, but I’m not allowed to assume the worst on the same basis?

Smacks of hypocrisy, that does.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 25, 2020 at 10:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 10:20 am)onlinebiker Wrote: You seem to be reminded of a couple of facts.

1. We were not witnesses to this event. We saw a carefully selected bit of video showing the gore.

2. Being in one of these situations is very different than forming an opinion about it at leasure. You have lots of time to think about a small bit of information. The cop had to process everything that happened and make a decision in real time.

3. I don't know if this was a justified shooting. Nor do you. Claiming you KNOW what happened here simply puts your bias in sharp relief.

This assumption is based on what?
Bias?

And yet you defend the cops by sarcastically suggesting that he was ‘reaching for a box of puppies.’ Since - as you rightly say - we don’t have all the details, maybe he was reaching for his ID. Maybe he was leaning in to calm is his kids. Maybe he was reaching for a gun.

Why is it that you’re allowed to assume the best about the cops based on little evidence, but I’m not allowed to assume the worst on the same basis?

Boru

I use sarcasm because it shows the flip side -

You say I assume the best of the cops - but that is the same thinking that got us "Not voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump".

I do NOT assume the best of cops. Cops are just as capable of fuckery as any other group of people.

I simply state that we do not have enough information in this case to make an informed judgement -as is usually the case for this sort of thing.
(August 25, 2020 at 11:05 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 10:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And yet you defend the cops by sarcastically suggesting that he was ‘reaching for a box of puppies.’ Since - as you rightly say - we don’t have all the details, maybe he was reaching for his ID. Maybe he was leaning in to calm is his kids. Maybe he was reaching for a gun.

Boru

I use sarcasm because it shows the flip side -

You say I assume the best of the cops - but that is the same thinking that got us "Not voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump".

I do NOT assume the best of cops. Cops are just as capable of fuckery as any other group of people.

I simply state that we do not have enough information in this case to make an informed judgement -as is usually the case for this sort of thing.

Oh, horseshit. Every single time this sort of thing comes up on the forum, you presumptively assume the cops are in the right, while excoriating people who assume the cops are in the wrong. It’s like everyone’s crystal ball is cracked but yours.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 25, 2020 at 11:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 11:05 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I use sarcasm because it shows the flip side -

Oh, horseshit. Every single time this sort of thing comes up on the forum, you presumptively assume the cops are in the right, while excoriating people who assume the cops are in the wrong. It’s like everyone’s crystal ball is cracked but yours.

Boru
Ever read anything Minimalist posts?
(August 25, 2020 at 11:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 11:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Oh, horseshit. Every single time this sort of thing comes up on the forum, you presumptively assume the cops are in the right, while excoriating people who assume the cops are in the wrong. It’s like everyone’s crystal ball is cracked but yours.

Boru
Ever read anything Minimalist posts?

Yup. So?

Boru
(August 25, 2020 at 11:56 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 11:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ever read anything Minimalist posts?

Yup. So?

Boru
Okay, I guess one isn't a bigot one hates EVERYBODY. My bad.
(August 25, 2020 at 11:57 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 11:56 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yup. So?

Boru
Okay, I guess one isn't a bigot one hates EVERYBODY. My bad.

What does Min’s behaviour have to do with OLB’s?

Boru
(August 25, 2020 at 11:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 25, 2020 at 11:57 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Okay, I guess one isn't a bigot one hates EVERYBODY. My bad.

What does Min’s behaviour have to do with OLB’s?

Boru

You accused OLB of things Min does. I've never seen you get down on Min.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 8208 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2203 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Black lives matter WinterHold 49 3591 June 10, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 3225 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1477 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4789 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Penis Lives Matters. How to solve racism Kimmy 27 2717 August 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Trump: Lives Shattered chimp3 6 478 February 10, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anyone notice Blue states tend to me more fiscally responsible? NuclearEnergy 25 3695 March 1, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
Video "Why I Think Jesus Didn't Exist" Tea Earl Grey Hot 1 761 January 6, 2014 at 2:52 am
Last Post: Minimalist