Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 4:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Since you all seemed to be obsessed with this building having collapsed:

After Florida building collapse, authorities evacuate similar tower
reuters.com
Quote:Two days after the collapse of a seaside Florida building, authorities said they would help residents of a similar tower nearby evacuate as they examine it for structural flaws that might indicate a similar risk.
I decided to pull up a map on the location of the building that collapsed. It appears to be on a barrier island...correct me if that's wrong Fox or TGN...barrier islands aren't the best place to build anything much over two stories. One side of my family is from a barrier island chain off the coast of NC and there aren't many tall buildings there...some three story houses on stilts but those are single family dwellings for the most part and don't carry the weight of a condo stucture made of concrete.

Seems like when you build on shifting sands, you need to expect the sand beneath you to shift.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 26, 2021 at 8:00 am)brewer Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 7:36 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: I am not being censored because I don't make content for youtube and I don't post on twitter or facebook or anything like that, but many of the content makers I watch are being censored or banned from the platform, and even lefties I watch like Jimmy Dore are being smeared by the establishment media as Russian assets because they're against bombing Syria.

I'm not too much like Alex Jones. He is an entertainer who probably doesn't believe most of what he says, and there's a good chance people like him, Joe Rogan, and the Young Turks are controlled opposition. The point is though, first they came for Alex Jones, then they came for Bret Weinstein, and next they come for you.

Are you telling me that you don't think we're going down the wrong path as a society by demonizing and censoring scientists for having open discussions? You don't see even a little problem with that?

Am I an extremist? You and I both would probably be considered extremists by the establishment.

Scientists making claims that have been determined to be bad/false science should be allowed to continue making the claims because their scientists?

They can make their claims all they want, just not violate a private businesses rules.

It is not bad science though. There have been studies/trials showing plenty of benefits to using Ivermectin, and it is not a dangerous drug. There is very little risk in taking it, even if it doesn't work for that person. It's all about money and profits. That's why positive talk of the drug is being censored.

Do you even know the specifics of the situation I am talking about, or are you just assuming it is bad science because the powers that be have deemed it so? Look into it for yourself before you go and call it bad science and call for a return to the dark ages where scientists and doctors are punished for speaking out.
(June 27, 2021 at 8:41 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 8:00 am)brewer Wrote: Scientists making claims that have been determined to be bad/false science should be allowed to continue making the claims because their scientists?

They can make their claims all they want, just not violate a private businesses rules.

It is not bad science though. There have been studies showing plenty of benefits to using Ivermectin, and it is not a dangerous drug. There is very little risk in taking it, even if it doesn't work for that person. It's all about money and profits. That's why positive talk of the drug is being censored.

Do you even know the specifics of the situation I am talking about, or are you just assuming it is bad science because the powers that be have deemed it so? Look into it for yourself before you go and call it bad science and call for a return to the dark ages where scientists and doctors are punished for speaking out.

Show me the study. It's bad science to push a drug onto an unknowing public until approved or in an advanced clinical trial. I suppose you could point to compassionate use but that is not what is being advocated.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.n...vermectin/

Most drugs have dangers: https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/pr...ed-animals

The same thing was said about about hydroxychloroquine and oleander extract. How'd that turn out.

What does an evolutionary biologist have to contribute to medicine? Send me his CV and we'll compare that to, let say, an MD or biochemist.

The problem is you think infotainment = science. It does not.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The separatists obsession with dark cabals suppressing The Truth is boring. Meanwhile, back in florida

Quote:We did not know about this report, We are obviously very interested in all of the evidence that's coming to light.
-Miami Dade County Mayor Daniella Cava.

https://www.townofsurfsidefl.gov/docs/de...882a1194_2

(they're now considering evacuating a second building, same builders, same incompetence/cost cutting issues)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 26, 2021 at 10:36 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 9:46 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: My guess for the miami condo collapse...the original mix contained alkali add mixtures and secondary repairs were missing either epoxy coated rebar or did not embed diodes.

There is a lot of wrong to unpack here. I'd like for you to expand on the epoxy coated rebar and "embed" diodes. What the actual fuck are "embed diodes"?   Huh

In the 1970s it was very common to add chemicals to concrete mixes in order to improve cure times. But if the surface of the concrete is compromosed allowing moisture to reach the steel reinforcing those latent chemicals become corrosive. When a repair is made you cut out the spalled part and replace with new. The new rebar must be epoxy coated to protect the new steel. Also there is a very slight electrical charge between the old and the new so in large areas we install what we call hockey pucks. They are small sacraficial diodes that counteract the charge.
<insert profound quote here>
Sacrificial diodes?

I've heard of sacrificial ANODES - but diodes is a new one on me...

Thank you for the correction....sometimes I work without notes and it has been 15 years since I worked a swingstage.
<insert profound quote here>
Quote:It is not bad science though. There have been studies showing plenty of benefits to using Ivermectin, and it is not a dangerous drug. There is very little risk in taking it, even if it doesn't work for that person. It's all about money and profits. That's why positive talk of the drug is being censored.

This all bullshit 

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-u...t-covid-19

https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/0...021-111678

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/...21257595v1

I can find dozens more. Don't tell me like the dictionary all these groups have been corrupted by the lefty cabals you see in your soup.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

The British are running an ivermectin study now.: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ive...iple-trial
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4836 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 544 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1611 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37