Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Alcoholic's are parasites.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Scanning through email this morning and one has the subject line "Are we there yet?"

I think I heard the Twilight Zone theme playing softly in the background.

It was actually from a fast food place pushing the idea of going to their stores while traveling this summer.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 21, 2021 at 7:54 pm)Sal Wrote: Alcoholic's are parasites.

Painting with rather a broad brush, there. Care to expand on what you meant?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Quote:Alcoholic's are parasites.
Alcoholism is a disease and alcoholics are merely ill people.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 22, 2021 at 12:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 21, 2021 at 7:54 pm)Sal Wrote: Alcoholic's are parasites.

Painting with rather a broad brush, there. Care to expand on what you meant?

Boru

Alcoholic's will sponge off people, all of the one's I've met. And yes it is a disease, that will, in my experience, turn a regular person to sponge off people, given the chance/circumstance.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(July 22, 2021 at 6:03 pm)Sal Wrote:
(July 22, 2021 at 12:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Painting with rather a broad brush, there. Care to expand on what you meant?

Boru

Alcoholic's will sponge off people, all of the one's I've met. And yes it is a disease, that will, in my experience, turn a regular person to sponge off people, given the chance/circumstance.

I think I see. So, it isn’t so much that ‘alcoholic’s [sic] are parasites’ as it is that the alcoholics you’ve met are parasites.  I’m curious - how many alcoholics have you met?

Boru
Exclamation 
Winston Churchill would be today classified as an alcoholic....

Who was he sponging off of?
(July 22, 2021 at 7:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Winston Churchill would be today classified as an alcoholic....

Churchill fascinates me.  He was simultaneously the most suited person to the task of being a leader of the time, and in many ways ill-suited.  I think the movie "Darkest Hour" portrays some of that.
(July 22, 2021 at 7:24 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote:
(July 22, 2021 at 7:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Winston Churchill would be today classified as an alcoholic....

Churchill fascinates me.  He was simultaneously the most suited person to the task of being a leader of the time, and in many ways ill-suited.  I think the movie "Darkest Hour" portrays some of that.

There’s a persistent urban myth that British radio actor Norman Shelley performed at least three of Churchill’s WWII speeches when Churchill was too drunk to do so himself. Shelly is best known for voicing Winnie-the-Pooh on radio.

So, if the myth is true, Pooh Bear had a hand in defeating the Nazis.

Boru
Item for a bucket list: hacking into the OED, and adding an alternate definition to the word "pederast" that reads only "Shut the fuck up, Donny."

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2317 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2091 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2402 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2300 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5827 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2147 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1202 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1254 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 874 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1196 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous